American Idol producer, Nigel Lythgoe, held a twitter party during the Charlotte auditions tonight. It was a pretty long one! He answered a lot of questions. There was no big news to come out of the discussion, but there were a few notable tidbits: Click to read the entire twitter discussion.
- Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sancez and Colton Dixon will return to Idol to perform.
- He liked the suggestion of using Phillip’s new single, “Gone Gone Gone” as the boot song. (I bet this happens).
- One judge breaks ties in each audition city.
- Idols Nigel namechecked as some of his favorites: Jessica Sanchez, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert
- When Nigel was asked if there would be a reunion show, he said there will be a “Where are They Now” segment with ex-contestants on the results show!
- Very strong female talent this year, says Nigel.
- Kellie Pickler has the most winning personality, says Nigel.
- Nigel would love: Jlo, GaGa, Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake on the panel, if he could have anybody.
- He would love to have Bruce Springsteen for rock, Al Green for xoul and Garth Brooks for country, Barbra Streisand for ballads as mentors.
- “Personally, I’d like some R&B” is how Nigel answered a question about the type of singer he is looking for this season.
- Nigel’s favorite seasons are 4 and 11.
- Ruben Studdard is his favorite Idol
- Nigel feels Long Beach and San Antonia had the best talent this season
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- American Idol Hopeful Killed in Car Crash After Audition - 08/03/2015
- Headlines: Katharine McPhee, Jordin Sparks - 08/03/2015
- American Idol Live 2015 Review – Hampton Beach (VIDEO) - 08/03/2015