Glee will say goodbye to one of its beloved characters, Finn Hudson, in “The Quarterback,” set to air on October 10. Cory Monteith, the actor who brought Finn to life, died of a heroin/alcohol overdose in July. The episode will celebrate both the man and the character, and will no doubt be tough to watch.
I’ve rounded up the few spoilers I could find here. Watch this space for updates.
Filming of the episode completed on Friday, September 6.
UPDATE: Will and Emma, Sue, Santana, Kurt and Rachel soundbites. *CRIES*
UPDATE: Rachel will sing “To Make You Feel My Love” (Full song spoilers at the bottom of the page)
UPDATE: A thorough synopsis from FOX television
In the wake of Finn’s sudden death, former members of New Directions return to McKinley to remember their fallen friend. While a stoic Mr. Schue encourages all the gleeks to “memorialize him the way we do everything – by singing about it,” some of the kids find the exercise more cathartic than others. At the Hudson-Hummel home, Kurt, Burt and Carole sort through Finn’s belongings and what begins as a somber occasion blossoms into a poignant and much needed family moment. Meanwhile, Emma grows concerned when she believes Will is so busy taking care of others that he’s not allowing himself time to grieve; Santana struggles with using her “bitch” mask to hide her fond feelings for Finn, and has a run in with Bree, McKinley’s “New Santana”; and following a heart-to-heart with Coach Beiste, Puck honors Finn’s memory by making a life-changing decision about his future.
UPDATE: More spoilers from WishYouWould
- Glee filmed a locker room scene for the third episode
- At least part of the Puck/military recruitment stuff is supposed to involve some “nerdy” people signing up with the recruiters
- The episode takes place in Lima, OH and centers around the death of Cory Monteith’s character Finn Hudson.
- It is not revealed how Finn dies
- The episode begins with the news of his death
- The story focuses on all the characters remembering him, mourning him, and celebrating his life.
- Rachel (Lea Michele) doesn’t appear in the episode until the final act. Her “presence is limited but incredibly powerful.” Lea sings.
- Santana (Naya Rivera) has a “great and memorable part in the episode.”
- Puck has a military recruitment storyline (WishYouWould)
- There is one, very POWERFUL scene, according to Kevin McHale: “When [the cast] got the script, we were all reading it together and we were like, ‘Did you get to that one scene.’ And when you see it everyone will know what that one scene is.” Also, “Some people aren’t dealing with the loss of Finn”
- The set at the Long Beach high school Glee sometimes uses as a McKinley location, was closed to the media, due to the sensitive nature of the scenes being filmed. (Press Telegram). Mark Salling and Dot Marie Jones were spotted.
- Chord Overstreet tweeted a vine from the last day of shooting. Chris Colfer appeared to have what looked like a letterman jacket draped over his leg…. Could it be Finn’s jacket? He’s also wearing an engagement ring.
The Cast: Besides the cast of season regulars:
- Amber Riley (Mercedes), Harry Shum Jr. (Mike), Mark Salling (Puck) and Jayma Mays (Emma), Dot Marie Jones (Coach Beiste) will appear.
- Dianna Agron was not asked to participate. Also, a very pregnant Heather Morris will also not particiapte.
- Mike O’Malley (Burt) and Romy Rosemont (Finn’s mother, Carole) will also appear. Romy tweeted about shooting a scene with Chris and Mike: “Looking forward to being with @chriscolfer and Mike O’Malley today. Those are some handsome shoulders to lean on…
Song Spoilers (Proceeds will go to charity) (Complete List)
- Rachel will sing “To Make You Feel My Love” by Bob Dylan/Adele (via FYeahGleeClub)
- “Fire and Rain” by James Taylor
- “Seasons of Love” from Rent FYeahGleeClub
- Santana will sing “If I Die Young” by The Band Perry – Could this photo be relevant?
- Mercedes sings “I’ll Stand By You” by The Pretenders – Amber Riley News
- “Never Surrender” by Bruce Springsteen
Glee Season 5 Spoilers! Premiere “Love Love Love” Songs, Photos Details
Glee Season 5 Spoilers! “Tina In the Sky With Diamonds” Songs, Photos Details
Glee Beatles Tribute Compilation Album Released 9/24 – Cover and Track List
Kevin McHale Describes Extremely Emotional Cory Monteith Tribute Shoot
Glee Season 5 Spoilers: Details on “Gut Wrenching” Cory Monteith Tribute
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Concert Schedule: Adam Lambert, Crystal Bowersox - 05/27/2016
- The Voice’s Chris Mann Drops “Comeback” Lyric VIDEO - 05/27/2016
- Headlines: Alisan Porter, Josh Kaufman, Josh Ledet - 05/27/2016