- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Check out the craptastic cover of Blake Shelton’s upcoming Christmas album, Cheers It’s Christmas. It’s like the label just slapped a photo of Blake on top of some crummy 50′s era stock photo.
Also, the alcohol shout out in the title is not a surprise to anyone who follows Blake on twitter. A recent tweet: “Filming more of
@NBCTheVoice today… Drunk..” That pretty much sums up Blake on twitter when he’s not doing battle with NPR reporters.
On the album, Blake and his Voice adviser, Micheal Buble, reworked “Home” for the album. Blake also duets with Reba McEntire and recorded a tune he sang and co-wrote with his mother.
Read the press release below, announcing an October 2 release date.
NASHVILLE, TN–(Marketwire – Aug 6, 2012) – Reigning ACM and CMA Male Vocalist of the year Blake Shelton is getting ready to release his first Christmas album, Cheers It’s Christmas, on October 2, 2012 on Warner Bros. Records. The album will feature several duet performances including fellow The Voice advisor Michael Bublé, long-time friend Reba and a very special duet with his mother, Dorothy Shackleford. The album includes classic Christmas songs that have touched Blake over the years. Many of the tracks were also recorded at the famous Capitol Studios with full orchestral accompaniment.
In 2008, Blake recorded a version of Bublé’s song “Home” that garnered both artists multi-week No. 1′s and marked Blake’s fourth career multi-week No. 1 single. For Cheers It’s Christmas, Bublé and Blake have reworked the single to embody the Christmas spirit and bring you back to the holiday. Another exciting duet performance on Cheers It’s Christmas is great friend Reba. This is the first time the pair has ever performed on a record together.
Blake literally brings the album home with a track he sang and co-wrote with one of the most special women in his life, his mother, Dorothy Shackleford. Nothing exemplifies Christmas like family, and with the single “Time For Me To Come Home” Blake and his mother capture the longing for a son on the road to finally come back home for Christmas time.
Blake Shelton is one of the “most versatile of contemporary country singers” (The New York Times). Blake was nominated for three GRAMMY® Awards in 2012. “Drink On It” is the follow-up from his three-week No. 1 song, “God Gave Me You,” off his current release, Red River Blue, and marks Shelton’s sixth consecutive No. 1. Red River Blue debuted at No. 1 on the Soundscan Top Current Albums chart and Soundscan Top Country Albums chart with the Associated Press calling the album “the best album of his career.” Shelton’s infectious multi-week No.1 hit, “Honey Bee,” is also off Red River Blue and is his first ever digital Platinum single. He holds the record for the fastest-selling digital Platinum single for a male country solo artist. The single held the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Country chart for four weeks in a row with over 40 million in audience. No country artist has held this record in almost six years. Shelton now has eleven No. 1 hits and has not had a single peak outside the Top Ten since 2007.
For the most up-to-date information on Blake Shelton, please visit www.BlakeShelton.com.
Tagged with: Blake Shelton
- Powered by Disqus
- The Voice 4 Finale! Results, Recap, Videos
- America’s Got Talent – Season 8 Auditions, Week 3 – Live Blog and Discussion
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Top 20 Reveal- Live Blog and Discussion
- Kelly Clarkson Confirms via Twitter She WON’T Be Joining American Idol
- Fifth Harmony Unveil “Miss Movin On” Lyric Video
- The Voice 4 – Finale – Top 3 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- FIRST LISTEN: Kelly Clarkson’s New Country Single “Tie It Up” (STUDIO VERSION)!
- Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts Sings “Someone Somewhere Tonight” on The View (VIDEO) (UPDATED)
- Official Video: Kree Harrison’s Grand Ole Opry Debut, Duet With Keith Urban (Bonus Carrie Underwood Video)
- Monday Ratings: The Voice and The Winner Is… Ticks Up
- Ne-Yo and Cher Lloyd – It’s All Good – Song Premiere (AUDIO)
- Jessica Sanchez and PS22 Chorus Perform “Clarity” Trevor Live NYC (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 6/18/13
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : June 10-16
- The Winner Is… Episode Two (VIDEO)
- The Voice 4 – Final Performance Top 3 – Take the Polls!
- The Bachelorette – Week 4 – Live Blog & Discussion (UPDATED)
- The Voice 4 – Final Performance Top 3 – Recap and Videos
- The Voice 4 Finale Top 3 Song Spoilers (UPDATED)
- Kris Allen Thanks His Fans for Voting With A Song (VIDEO)
- CBS Announces Fall 2013 Premiere Dates Including Survivor and Amazing Race
- Chris Colfer: Glee 5 Begins Shooting at the End of July (VIDEO) (Photos)
- So You Think You Can Dance- The Top 20 (SPOILERS!)
- Britney Spears New Song “Ooh La La” Smurfs 2 Premiere (AUDIO)
- The Voice 4- Mac’s Top 3 Power List (Finale Edition!)