- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
We couldn’t get through a Friday afternoon without more American Idol judges’ rumors, could we? The latest goss comes from The Hollywood reporter.
It looks like Idol brass really wants to sign on R&B/Hip Hop artist, Nicki Minaj for the panel, but her mega sponsorship deal with Pepsi is causing a roadblock. As most of you know, Coke is a major American Idol sponsor.
If FOX and Freemantle had their way, the panel would consist of previously announced judge Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, a country star (the leading candidate is Keith Urban, says an insider) and a Latin artist (Enrique Iglesias is reportedly the #1 choice).
But it’s not all smooth sailing inside Idol. There’s been some inside indecision and squabbling that has Mike Darnell (FOX cheif) and Cecile Frot-Coutaz (Freemantle) shutting Core Media boss, Marc Graboff, out of the decision making process. CORE media is the newly christened (formerly CKx) owners of American Idol.
And what of our poor beleaguered Randy Jackson? He may step pinto a mentoring role–perhaps taking Jimmy Iovine’s place (NOOOOOOOO). At any rate, the DAWG will be sticking around to at least hold Mariah Carey’s hand as she embarks on her new gig.
HOORAY KEITH URBAN. Please make this happen. Nicki Minaj comes off as pretty weird, and I have to wonder if the producers are hoping for some sparks with Mimi. If Nicki, Mariah, Keith and Enrique are the configuration they’re looking at, it could be pretty strange. I mean that in a good way.
I think Idol WILL go with 4 judges, like the other shows. There will be plenty of time for judges chatter–like the other shows, Idol will also stay at a bloated 2 hours on Wednesday nights.
When Idol was at the apex of its popularity in season 5, performance episodes were 1 hour and results 30 minutes. Fox used the time slot after Idol to launch new shows. House, 24, Glee and more can thank Idol for sending them off on successful runs.
- Powered by Disqus
- Eurovision 2013: Grand Final
- Danny Gokey Announces Deal with BMG Records
- Idol Headlines for 5/18/2013
- Simon Cowell Twitter Riot: Will Announce X Factor Panel on Monday (Plus Other Random Topics)
- Eurovision 2013 – Ozzyd’s Power List
- Candice Glover Speaks to the Press (VIDEOS)
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – The Tonight Show (Video)
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing X Factor Deal (Report)
- Kree Harrison Speaks With Reporters (VIDEOS)
- NBC Announces All Six Coaches Will Return To The Voice
- Idol Headlines for 5/17/13
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Finale Down 44% Compared to Last Year
- American Idol Runner Up Kree Harrison to Make Her Opry Debut June 4
- Billboard – Chart Date 05/25/13
- Candice Glover, Jennifer Hudson American Idol Duet Angers Natalie Cole
- American Idol 13 Spoiler: The Top 20 Can Audition Again
- Kris Allen To Undergo Surgery on Monday
- Candice Glover Wins American Idol 12 – Red Carpet, Finale PHOTOS
- Candice Glover Debut Album “Music Speaks” to be Released July 16
- Angie Miller – You Set Me Free Single – First Listen!
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Audio – First Listen
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – Winners Single – First Listen!
- American Idol 12 The Finale – Recap, Results VIDEO
- Watch the American Idol Live Finale Pre-Show Right Here at 6:30 (UPDATED)
- Idol Headlines for 5/15/13 – The Evening Edition