The Voice 5 semi-finals begin this week, and next are the finals! Season 5 sure went fast. Five performers remain. Here is how I rank them ahead of tonight’s performance.
By the way, the episode is only one hour. After, The Sing-Off season 4 premieres with a two-hour episode. Yeah, I’ll be covering that too! It’s going to be a busy two weeks.
5. James Wolpert – Team Adam – So far, contestants who have landed in the bottom have been eliminated the following week. But with the twitter insta-vote no longer in play, that could change. A magic song like “A Case of You” could change James’ fortunes.
4. Will Champlin – Team Adam – Will has a shot at the finals too, with the right song. Another classic, perhaps another classic.
3. Tessanne Chin – Team Adam – I would interchange Will and Tessanne for 3/4th place but I’ll put Tessanne in 3rd because she won last week’s iTunes race. I don’t think she can win, but she could make it to the finals with the right song. I’d give her a throwback tune, something everyone knows that also shows off her range and abilities.
2. Jacquie Lee – Team Christina – America loves Jacquie singing songs that make use of her big vocals. It seems, the louder she sings, the more fans love her! Retro stuff works best for Jacquie. I wouldn’t usually recommend this, but I think Christina should keep mining songs from classic female soul and blues singers. And for god sakes, Christina needs to keep her own songs to herself.
1. Cole Vosbury – Team Blake – At this point, I think Cole and Jacquie are interchangeable, and have a good chance to be the final 2. I’ll leave Cole in the pole position, because he’s been the most consistent. Blake doesn’t have to change a dang thing here. Cole’s made a connection with America. Continuing to play it safe is actually the thing to do here.