On Monday’s (May 13) The Voice 8 artists performed solos and duets for your votes. Four will go home on Tuesday’s results show. Three singers will head straight to the finale. The bottom two will be eliminated. And the 4th, 5th and 6th place vote getters will face off for the Instant Save
A couple of thoughts about Monday’s show:
- The episode was taped over the weekend to allow the coaches to perform a Rolling Stones medley at NBC’s Upfront presentation Monday morning.
- That was cut throat. Kelly Clarkson and John Legend took the gloves off in a bid to throw Blake Shelton’s five semi-finalists under the bus. I can’t remember the last time coaches offered so much honest criticism to contestants.
- Adam Levine lost his team members after the Cross Battles, so he doesn’t give af. I do appreciate that he threw his support behind MaeLyn Jarmon. He was good for at least one thing this season.
- Those Beatles duets were sub-par, mostly due to song choice and arrangements. It’s hard to screw up a Beatles theme, but somehow it happened. The best duet of the night was Maelyn and Rod Stoke’s “Yesterday.”
- Front runner Gyth Rigdon stumbled last night, while Carter Lloyd Horne crashed and burned. The latter has virtually no chance at a final spot now. Even Blake had to admit his performance of “Take Me to Church” was not good.
- Rod Stokes, Shawn Sounds and Andrew Sevener emerged from the pack last night. Dexter Roberts who has been reliably solid all season was at his personal best. MaeLyn Jarmon continued being her fabulous self.
- Hey Gyth. Performing the Maga anthem, “God Bless America” whilst brandishing a giant a**** flag kerchief is not “choosing a song to bring people together.” His pandering was face-palmingly embarrassing, but it probably worked. He’s currently sitting at No. 9 on the iTunes charts.
- But hey–Maelyn’s “Stay” is at No. 3. For the first time, I think she has a real chance to win the competition.
Vote in the Polls
Which 4 singers WILL Advance to the Top 4? (Choose 4)
Which 5 singers SHOULD Advance to the Top 4? (Choose 4)
Grade the Episode