The Voice season 15 Knockouts are over! The 3 night round ended on Monday with the final 12 contestants, 2 saves and a steal. A couple of points:
- Jennifer Hudson saving Colton Smith after his performance of Lady Marmalade totally flopped was actually surprising. But it was also disappointed. Saving Delaney Silvernell would have been a better choice, after Adam robbed her of a spot in the Playoffs. Gotta advance those Ben Affleck look-alikes with average musical chops, though. Amiright?
- That Blake Shelton would save the loser from final match-up between Chris Kroeze and Michael Lee was obvious from the pre-show preview. There’s gotta be a way to bake some drama into the saves and steals. Or maybe there isn’t…
- Mariah Carey was used well as a mentor. It’s easy when the best bits can be highlighted via editing AND the staff get the “Mariah’s ass must be kissed at all times” memo. Working with female artists is fine as long as they genuflect properly. Coaches Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson played their roles perfectly.
- I wish there had been a place for Jake Wells on Adam Levine’s team. Deandre Nico deserved to win that matchup, but Jake’s musicality would have made him an interesting addition to the team. Adam should have matched him up with Steve Memmolo, and then kicked fake Ben Affleck to the curb. Ditto Tyke James. Why does Adam not want to win? #RipDelaney
- There are a ton of stand out singers this season including: SandyRedd, Kymberli Joye, Abby Cates, Kennedy Holmes, Kirk Jay, Michael Lee, Kameron Marlowe, Chevel Shepherd.
Time to VOTE VOTE VOTE (Not ONLY below, but at your local polling place if you’re an American!)
Favorite Knockouts 3 Performance
Which Eliminated Contestant Was Robbed
Grade The Voice Season 15 So Far