The Masked Singer season 3 Group A round is done. Three out of 6 celebrities will move on to the final 9. We won’t see them again until the next two groups rounds complete. But in the meantime, let’s gather ALL the clues and make predictions. Masked Singer producers have promised to offer more difficult clues this season. But that did not stop internet sleuths from quickly determining the identity of the celebrities behind the masks…AGAIN! I feel confident in the predictions below. Read on.
Turtle is Jesse McCartney
The Turtle is most likely singer/songwriter and actor Jesse McCartney. In his first package, the turtle says “slow and steady” wins the race, and indeed, Jesse has been at the showbusiness grind for at least 15 years. When he’s not starring on TV or recording albums, he’s writing songs for other artists, doing voice overs and more.
- He was in a boyband called Dream Street (“fighting tooth and nail for the dream” – Video package)
- Also, an acronym spelled on a chalkboard Simpsons style spells out “Dream Street”
- Played a surfer in a Summerland (Turtle polishes a surfboard – Video package)
- Jesse appeared in a TV show called Greek – (Greek letters written on a chalkboard during “friends & family” segment)
- Bat on his former teacher’s desk refers to another show Young Justice, where he played Robin.
- A map of Seoul South Korea in the friends & family segment refers to his song and album “Beautiful Soul.”
White Tiger is Rob Gronkowski
White Tiger is DEFINITELY Rob Gronkowski, who recently retired from the New England Patriots football team. The way he moves and talks is a huge give away. There are tons of hints pointing to New England and the Gronk’s love of having a good time.
- His Patriots number was 87 (Four score and 7 years ago from video package adds up)
- Gronk is from New England (Shot of clams in video package)
- Won Super Bowl with the Patriots (Allusions to winning awards in video package)
- Gron COW SKI – (Photo of skiing cow in video package)
- Played for the WILDCATS at Univ. of Arizona (Reading book about Wild Cats in video package)
- Injuries brought Gronk’s football career to an end (“Dancing heals my body” from video package)
- Gronk’s family rents out a Gronk party bus (several mentions of partying in the video packages)
- Tiger tells Jenny her Boston bred husband will appreciate his Valentine – A reference to the NE Patriots.
- The PATS (shots of pats of butter in video package)
- Route 66 sign if “friends and family” segment points to Gronk’s college days in Arizona — Route 66 crosses the state.
I am pretty sure Kangaroo is Life of Kylie star Jordyn Woods. Her video packages refer to her life blowing up–Jordyn supposedly cheated with Khloe Kardashian’s boyfriend, which thrust her into the gossip maw. Plus, her father, a sound engineer on the 90s sitcom Fresh Prince of Bel Air, died in 2017, hence the tragedy she speaks of in her clue packages. She is also very close to the Will Smith family. She most certainly IS NOT American Idol’s Jordin Sparks who (seemingly) hasn’t cheated with anyone! She’s married and has a baby (facts that would certainly be hinted at in any clue package if it WERE Jordin). And I’d know that voice anywhere.
- Allusions to losing somebody who “held my family’s heart together.” – (Jordyn’s father died recently)
- Jordyn’s father was a sound engineer on Fresh Prince (Shot of gramophone in clue package)
- Kangaroo mentions being in the spotlight for “all the wrong reasons – (She was caught up in a Kardashian cheating scandal).
- A sign says “Kangaroo Kourt” in video package – K spelling refers to Kardashians and how she was judged after being accused of cheating with Khloe’s boyfriend.
- Jordyn worked for Kylie’s makeup company (Shot of makeup on a sports bench)
- Jordyn loves basketball (Kangaroo stops a basketball with her foot in the video package.)
- The No. 23 on her basketball tank in the video package refers to Jordyn’s age.
- Kangaroos younger brother spoke for the “friends and family” segment. Jordyn does have a younger brother.
SIDENOTE: Found this photo at Getty. It was shot a few days before the Super Bowl at the end of January. By this time, the episodes we’ve seen were shot. HOWEVER, there are tapings scheduled for March. The finale HAS NOT been filmed yet. So, if Rob Gronkowski is making appearances alongside judge Jenny McCarthy, I think it’s safe to say he’s been eliminated? Hm. Also fun times pretending she didn’t know him?
The Masked Singer airs on FOX Wednesday at 8 pm ET/PT with judges Robin Thicke, Jenny McCarthy, Ken Jeong and Nicole Scherzinger. Nick Cannon serves as host.