- Don’t Stop the Music – The Idols and the So You Think You Can Dance kids in Triple Double Pointy time!
- Randy and Paula at the Goshen School
- Snoop Dogg and Charlie Wilson This knocked me out – I wasn’t expecting that.
- Bono in Africa
- Bono and Annie Lennox in Africa
- Annie Lennox performs “Many Rivers to Cross” Annie Lennox is un-fricking-believable here.
- Jimmy Kimmel introduces Simon Cowell – Kimmel is hilarious as introduces Simon’s clip
- Carrie Underwood introduces Terri Hatcher – OMG, Terri Hatcher brings new meaning to the word “Pitchy” as she massacres “Before He Cheats.”
- Carrie Underwood sings George Michael’s “Praying for Time” – Absolutely gorgeous!
- Fergie and John Legend – That girl can sang.
- Fergie and Heart – Fergie does one-handed cartwheels. Heart still has it.
- Gloria Estefan and Sheila E. perform “Get On Your Feet”
- The Top 8 perform “Seasons of Love” – How did they get to the Kodak so fast? Heh.
- Alicia Keyes visits Africa – You can download a longer version for free from iTunes.
- Miley Cyrus is a horrible singer. Yet, she got two spots and a clip. Bleh.
- David Spade introduces Brad Pitt in New Orleans – This clip is well-produced.
- Robin Williams as the “Russian Idol” – Tragically unfunny. Robin Williams is so overrated.
- Brad Pitt introduces Chris Daughtry in Uganda
- Mariah Carey with Randy Jackson on bass – She’s invented her own sign language.
- The Top 8 perform “Shout to the Lord” – Yay Jebus!
- Ben Stiller – Tagged on to the end. I almost missed this!
My recap from last night is finally up. Argh. I dread recapping tonight’s marathon. 2 1/2 hours! But for once, I’m not going to complain about the extra-long Idol tonight. It’s all for a good cause, y’all. I’m even going to put aside my cynicism for one night. Sure, the motives of TPTB are never entirely pure, but who cares? The end result is a good one, so I’m not going to sweat it.
Besides, according to this recent New York Times article, last year’s 75+ million dollars appears to have been well managed and went to many needy charities. It’s all good.
One of the organizations involved with Idol Gives Back is the One campaign to end global hunger. They’ll be asking for support tonight. If you’d like to sign up, I made it easy. Just use the handy dandy banner on your left.
Spoilers for tonight. Pictures from the Kodak Sunday night.
Phone Number to donate: 1-877-IDOLAID or donate at americanidol.com