Randy Jackson, Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Ryan Seacrest took up the entire hour of Larry King Live last night. After discussing Idol Gives Back, the gang opined on Season 7 and where they think each of the eight stand. They also predicted who would be the last two standing…
Watch the clips after the Jump…
- All four plan to donate their earnings for that night to Idol Gives Back.
- They agree that it will come down to a Battle of the Davids–David Archuleta and David Cook–for the Final Two.
- Simon predicts that Syesha Mercado, Kristy Lee Cook or Jason Castro will be eliminated Thursday.
- David Cook is favored by all 3 judges. Simon calls him “fearless” and says he’s his personal favorite.
- They agree that Carly Smithson has not figured out who she is as an artist yet.
- They think Michael Johns should stick to blue eyed soul. They don’t like him as a rocker.
- Brooke White should stick to what she does best–singer/songwriter stuff. She could make it into the Final 3 or 4 if she picks the right songs.
- All the judges agree that David Archuleta is the one to beat. He needs to pick the right songs to maintain his front-runner status.
- Simon says the odds of Kristy Lee Cook winning are “one million to one”. Randy thinks she could have a country recording contract somewhere down the road. Simon doesn’t think she’s a great country singer. “She’s forgettable, ” he says.
- Randy thinks Jason Castro is “OK” as a singer–he’s just a “singer/songwriter in a bar”. Ryan challenges Randy. He says Randy said something different on the show. Paula thinks he has a very “definitive style”. Randy would not give him a recording contract, but he’d sign Kristy Lee Cook. Simon thinks Jason is all about song choice. Simon says, “the trouble is, he turns up every week and he looks like he doesn’t care.”
- Randy thinks Syesha Mercado is more of an actress/singer and that she’ll end up on stage. Simon doesn’t think her vocals are good enough.
- Simon’s favorite Idol is Kelly Clarkson. He thinks she brought legitimacy to the franchise, and he likes her personally since he’s gotten to know her.
- An email question uses the phrase “pimp spot” and the judges find that funny. They have NO clue whatsoever how performance order is picked. They think names are picked out of a hat!
- Randy thinks America has gotten the winner right every year. Simon thinks America got it wrong Season 5 with Taylor Hicks.
- Larry King is an idiot.
The gang discuss David Cook, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns and Brooke White:
The gang discuss David Archuleta, Kristy Lee Cook, Jason Castro and Syesha Mercado:
Scandals on AI, Simon’s favorite Idol, questions from the Audience:
How much longer will Idol go on? Who do they think will win? Simon’s boredom, Paula’s new single:
The gang discuss Idol Gives Back:
More discussion about Idol Gives Back and this season of Idol:
More on this Season’s crop. Simon and Ryan discuss their relationship: