Being famous can be scary! Katy Perry had to take out a restraining order on a man who “threatened” her family. The American Idol judge, and new mom, has obtained a temporary restraining order against a man she alleges “poses a credible threat” to her safety.
E News obtained court documents that state the pop star says she has “suffered significant and severe emotional and psychological distress” after a man allegedly trespassed on her property.
According to E, a judge signed off on the protective order, which requires William Terry to stay at least 100 yards away from Katy, Orlando Bloom, their newborn daughter Daisy Dove Bloom and Orlando’s 9 year old son Flynn. The man is forbidden from contacting Katy either directly or indirectly through social media. He must not harass or threaten her.
Katy claims the man “threatened my family”
Katy describes the man as a “complete stranger” who “trespassed on my property, is stalking me, and who threatened my family.”
In the filing, Katy states that on Aug. 3, 2020 Terry attempted to enter her property by claiming to her security team, falsely, that he had been invited to her home. A month later, on Sept. 8, the man allegedly “jumped the fence” of Katy’s Beverly Hills, Calif. home, where he was placed under citizen’s arrest.
The man was arrested for criminal trespassing, the filing states, but has since been released from police custody.
“In addition to his attempts to make physical entry to my home,” Katy claims, “Terry has also posted death threats against my partner Orlando Bloom, stating that he wants to snap his neck.”
“Terry is a dangerous man and we are in need of an order of protection that prohibits him from coming into proximity of me, my partner, our children, our home, or any place we occupy,” Katy said.
The temporary restraining order is in effect until Oct. 8, at which point a hearing will take place.