ETA: Julia Hudson pleads for the safe return of her son in a press conference. Watch the entire press conference HERE.
As of right now, Jennifer Hudson’s nephew Julian King is still missing. There’s still an Amber Alert in place. William Balfour, considered a suspect in the murders of Jennifer’s mother and brother is in police custody, but he refuses to cooperate with authorities. Jennifer was due to return to Chicago last night from a vacation in Florida.
Just a couple of items to call to your attention this morning:
- TMZ is reporting that the dispute that triggered the murders may have been over a car. “A WBBM reporter is saying that neighbors have said a family member in the Hudson household apparently tried to steal a car a few weeks ago, an argument ensued, and he vowed revenge. A photo on Julia’s MySpace page (bottom) posted prior to today’s events alludes to some kind of dispute with William over a car.” TMZ has also compiled a time line. A Chicago police department spokeswoman said investigators are talking to “a number of people in custody.” She didn’t explain further.
- Julia’s MySpace. William Balfour’s MySpace Jason’s MySpace.
- POPeater posted several news reports from You Tube that include a statement from the pastor of Jennifer’s church.
- Jennifer’s fellow Season 3 contestants made statements to the press.
- William Balfour’s mom swears he’s innocent.