This week’s Idol Billboard Update is right HERE.
David Archuleta and David Cook continue to see healthy sales numbers for their recently released post-Idol debuts. Some highlights:
- David Cook, David Cook stays in the Top 10 its second week, at #10, selling 112K for a total of 391K. It drops from 1-13 on the Top Digital Albums chart, 2-7 on the Top Internet Albums chart, and 2-5 on the Top Rock Albums chart. Next week looks decent–Hits Daily Double predicts it will stay in the Top 10 and move another 80-85K.
- David Cook’s single “Light On” finally debuts on the Hot 100 Airplay at #71. It climbs on most charts this week: Hot 100 – 91-60, Pop 100 – 54-45, Pop 100 Airplay – 45-37, Mainstream Top 40 – (dropping) 31-32, Hot Adult Top 40 Tracks – 14-13, Hot Digital Songs – Re-enters at #67. “Time of My Life” retains it’s #1 position on The Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks Chart.
- David Archuleta, David Archuleta stays steady this week, it dips from 11-19, but moves another 66K this week for a total of 316K. It falls off the Top Digital Albums chart, and dips 13-15 on the Top Digital Albums chart.
- The stats for David Archuleta’s single, “Crush”: Hot 100 – 23-27, Hot 100 Airplay – 42-53, Pop 100 – 21-25, Pop 100 Airplay – 20-29, Mainstream Top 40 – 21-25, Hot Adult Top 40 – 15-15, Hot Digital Tracks – 18-22, Hot Digital Songs – 19-22. It enters the Top 10 of the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart at #10.
- Christmas songs are beginning to take over some charts. The Hot Adult Contemporary Recurrent chart is now 100% holiday music. The Hot Singles Recurrent chart is on it’s way–The Idol songs that are still charting have lost significant chart positions this week.
- Carrie Underwood sings “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” with a dead guy (Elvis). It enters the Hot Country Songs chart at #60. Creepy, isn’t it?