Here is the performance order for tonight:
ETA: Caffiend is back from rehearsal. She said things went well, but that everyone, including Debbie the stage manager seemed very tense. All three seem to be in this to win. Caffiend thought that Syesha Mercado and David Cook sounded a little off-pitch tonight. Overall, The Davids had the most memorable performances. Syesha “Broadwayed” her way through all three numbers. There wasn’t a point where she really connected to what she was singing. She’s definitely gone all glam. Lots of sequins tonight.
1. David Archuleta
2. Syesha Mercado
3. David Cook
1. Judges Choice 2. Kids Choice 3. Producers Choice.
- David Archuleta – Paula Abdul chose: …And So It Goes by Billy Joel – Beautiful, best of the 3 songs he did. It was a capella for half the song. he was wearing a tie and leather jacket.
- Syesha Mercado – Randy Jackson chose: …If I Aint Got You by Alicia Keys – She wore a sequiny gold gown.
- David Cook – Simon Cowell chose: …The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack – He changed it up – made it a little rocky – almost unrecognizable.
- David Archuleta – David chose: “With You” by Chris Brown – Audience loved it. Lots of interaction with the audience.
- Syesha Mercado -Syesha chose: “Fever” by Peggy Lee – She wore a very short sequined mini-dress and sung it very suggestively.
- David Cook – David chose:
…The World I Know by Collective Soul“Dare You to Move” by Switchfoot – He played guitar. He explained that he wanted to do something upbeat.
- David Archuleta – The producers chose: …Longer by Dan Fogelberg – injected some runs – but still good.
- Syesha Mercado – The producers chose: “Hit Me Up” by Gia Farrell – Syesha’s performances were the least memorable of the night.
- David Cook – The producers chose: “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith. Strings and violins on this one.