Idol Record News
- You can hear 40 second song-snippets of all the songs on Carrie Underwood’s upcoming album “Carnival Ride” here. However, if you are patient and can sit through songs by other artists, Slacker.com is streaming full songs on their Carrie Radio station. Type “Carrie Underwood” in the search box, then play. I’m listening to a song called “Crazy Dreams” right now…Also *ahem* these songs can all be found as downloads on the internet…somewhere… Or, so I hear. PS I like “Twisted”.
- Blake Lewis has a website with a phone number. Call, and you get a recorded message from Blake. After, you can leave your own message. Fans can hear the single at this phone number as soon as it’s ready. I got a message back on my cell phone, so I’m assuming they’ll be sending out messages as soon as the single is available. No, I did not leave a message. Heh.
- Not record news, but worth mentioning: Melinda Doolittle will be taping a PBS Christmas special in November at her Alma Mater, Belmont University. The program will air on December 20th on the Nashville PBS station, and December 24th across the country. Yay, Melinda!
This week’s Idol Billboard Update
After the JUMP!
- Idols are still sliding on the Billboard 200–except for Daughtry. “Daughtry” jumped a few spots, from 41-38. Carrie Underwood’s “Some Hearts” dropped from 75-89 (She’ll be back on top soon enough when “Carnival Ride” drops on the 23rd). Kelly Clarkson’s “My December” drops from 99-124 and “Elliott Yamin” drops from 122 to 155.
- Jordin Sparks’ “Tattoo” and Daughtry’s “Over You” continue to climb the charts. They climbed 58-56 and 31-25 on the Hot 100, respectively. “Tattoo” hung steady on the “Hot Digital Songs” chart, selling 32, 826 more copies this week–only a 3% decrease from her first week. Not bad.
- Carrie Underwood’s “So Small” continues to do well on the country charts. It’s in the Top 10, at #8, on the Hot Country Songs chart. But, it’s struggling a little on the Hot 100 and Pop Charts. It dropped from 49-51 on the Hot 100, 65-84 on the Pop 100 and 52-69 on the Hot Digital Songs chart. Good news: It’s airplay has increased. It climbed from 44-41 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart.
- Elliott Yamin’s single “Wait For You” has peaked on the pop charts, but it’s rising on the AC and Dance charts. The single climbed from 10-8 on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart (making it this week’s Greatest Gainer), from 26-20 on the Hot Dance Club play chart and 25-21 on the Hot Dance Airplay chart.
- Fantasia’s duet with Aretha Franklin, “Put You Up On Game” is #1 on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip Hop Singles chart. Next week, it could break through to the R&B singles and airplay charts.