I’ve got this week’s Idol Billboard chart for you right here.
- It was another slow sales week. The #1 record on the Billboard 200 is “Dreamgirls” (featuring Jennifer Hudson) selling only 60, 064. “Dreamgirls” should get a nice bounce next week–it won 3 Golden Globes this week, including Best Supporting Actress for Jennifer Hudson.
- Kellie Pickler’s album “Small Town Girl” has gone gold. Congratulations Kellie. You can watch Rosie O’Donnell present Kellie with her gold record on The View here. Kellie co-hosted Thursday and Friday’s show. Here’s a clip of Kellie performing “I Wonder” on Friday’s show.
- Congratulations are in order for Taylor Hicks as well. His CD, which shipped platinum, has been officially certified platinum.
- Taylor Hicks drops out of the Top 50 this week. However, recent guest spots on Larry King Live and the Bob Hope Golf Classic could give Taylor a bounce next week. According to Gray Charles, the single “Just to Feel that Way” will start “rolling out to radio early next week on a rolling release schedule. The primary early target will be Adult Top 40 and Adult Contemporary stations. Decisions about how to target traditional Top 40 will happen a bit later.”
- DAUGHTRY stays in the Top 5, coming in at #4. The single “It’s Not Over” has climbed to #21 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #14 on the Pop 100.
- Billboard Magazine features Bucky Covington’s single “A Different World” in Fred Bronson’s weekly Chart Watch column. “A Different World” entered Hot Country Songs at #57.
For more chart news, Check out Donna Reynolds Chart Watch at Foxesonidol.com.