The America’s Got Talent 2020 Judge Cuts start…and end on Tuesday (July 28). Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the producers had to come up with a new plan to move forward. So, instead of 4 weeks of Judge Cuts, there will only be a solo episode featuring a group of acts considered on “the bubble.” The Quarter-finals will be extended to make up for the cut.
As far as the set is concerned, the judges Simon Cowell, Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum, Sofia Vergara and host Terry Crews are set up six feet apart on an outdoor set (safe!). No audience, of course. With the popularity of drive in concerts these days, the producers set up a huge screen for the judges to watch acts perform remotely. I don’t know…Simon said they brought back acts to the Judge Cuts that were “on the bubble,” but I have a feeling they brought back acts for their backstory and entertainment factor. It just goes to show that decisions are made behind-the-scenes among producers, independent of anything that happens on television.
For more on the extraordinary safety precautions producers took to keep everyone safe during Judge Cuts and the Live Shows, check out this link:
Also, Eric Ascher reveals his 10 favorite acts from the AGT auditions:
Also NBC released photos of the acts appearing on Tuesday. It’s not clear who is performing, and who is receiving good news about the live shows. For instance, it’s hard to believe Simon would have Archie Williams, the singer who served 37 years for a crime he didn’t commit perform again? Also, there is an act, Craig Reid, who is brand new to AGT.
America’s Got Talent airs on NBC Tuesday at 8 pm ET/PT.
Appearing on America’s Got Talent 2020 Judge Cuts
- Archie Williams – Singer – Archie served 37 years in prison for a crime he did not commit, DNA evidence freed him. The Innocence project is responsible for helping to exonerate him. He moved the judges with an emotional rendition of Elton John’s “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me.” – VIDEO
- BONEVEGA – Glam Rocker – He’s a Glam Rocker, playing homage to outrageous performers from the 70s. He’s very uninhibited on stage. It’s sorta jokey, but he CAN sing – Video
- Brothers Gage – Harmonica players – Teen brothers Alex and Brody learned to play harmonica from their dad at 5 years old. The two have skillz and are very entertaining – VIDEO
- Celina – Singer – Celina worries that her boyish looks will keep her from succeeding as a pop singer. But the audition crowd was on her side – Video
- Craig Reid – Hula Hoop artist – We’re seeing Craig for the first time in the Judge Cuts. Unless there was a glimpse of him during the remote auditions? In any case, he’s a circus performer from Scotland who can do amazing things with hula hoops. Check out his Youtube page.
- Frenchie babyy – Hip Hop Dancer – His super strict parents don’t approve of his dancing. He’s a hip hop pop and locker with an EXTREME ability to contort his limbs. – VIDEO
- Jonathan Goodwin – Danger act – We caught just a tiny glimpse of Jonathan catching arrows in his hand. He auditioned remotely after production shut down.
- Max Major – Mentalist – Max also auditioned remotely. He read Sofia’s mind, using a pack of cards. – VIDEO
- Ninja Twins – This gaytastic duo post comedy videos on youtube and appeared as a joke contestant on SYTYCD in 2014. The act consists of bad singing and dancing, in other words, a JOKE ACT. – VIDEO
- Nolan Neal – Nolan made it to the Knockout round on The Voice season 11 as a member of Team Adam Levine. These days, he’s recording demos for other artists. Nolan sang an original song he wrote after getting out of drug and alcohol rehab. – VIDEO
- Pork Chop Revue -Pig act – PERFORMING PIGS Y’ALL. The couple who run the act, adopt them right off the farm. They’re goal? To be the first performing pig act on the Las Vegas strip. – VIDEO
- Ryan Tricks – Mentalist and Magician – He previously appeared on Britain’s Got Talent. In his audition, he made it like Simon was controlling Howie’s movements. – VIDEO
- Shaquira McGrath – Singer – Shaquira has wanted to be a singer all of her life, but has been to shy to strut her stuff. She performed a country song during her audition (VIDEO) and this week, she sings a slowed up version of “Wake Me Up” (Watch the preview VIDEO).
- Simon & Maria – Kid ballroom dancers – Twelve and 10 years old, they were both born in Colombia and dance latin style salsa. – VIDEO
- Ty Barnett – Comedian – He’s been working as a comic for 18 years, and does a bunch of dad jokes. – VIDEO
Preview the opening clip from Tuesday’s America’s Got Talent Judge Cuts
Check out a preview of Tuesday’s America’s Got Talent Judge Cuts