American IdolÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢s glamtastic runner-up Adam Lambert opens up in the next issue of Rolling Stone, speaking frankly about his sexuality, though he doesnÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢t think his revelation is particularly shocking. Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œI donÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢m gay, Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ Lambert says in the new issue of Rolling Stone, hitting newsstands this week.
Note: If there were some quotes about his music/upcoming album, I would have posted them.Ãƒâ€š I’ll post some other tidbits when I grab the RS article this week off the news stands (If it doesn’t come in the mail first).
Adam’ candor will undoubtedly shock some American Idol fans, even some who voted for him during the competition. It’s going to be interesting to see how all this shakes out.Ãƒâ€š It’s going to be very important for Adam to win new fans beyond the Idol core base, ’cause I have a feeling not all of them will be coming along for the ride…
- About his American Idol run, “I was like, Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã‹IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢m going to glue rhinestones on my eyelids, bitch!Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢”Ãƒâ€š Tee hee!
- Waiting to discuss his sexuality, Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œRight after the finale, I almost started talking about it to the reporters, but I thought, Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã‹IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢m going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler, Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢…I didnÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bullshit. I need to be able to explain myself in context.”
- On attention from the opposite sex, “I loved it this season when the girls went crazy for me…As far as I’m concerned, it’s all hot…Just because I’m not sticking it in there doesn’t mean that I don’t find it beautiful”
- Kris Allen is his type, “They put me with the cute guy. Distracting! He’s the one guy I found attractive in the whole group on the show: nice, nonchalant, pretty and totally my type Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬’ except that he has a wife. I mean he’s open-minded and liberal, but he’s definitely 100% straight.”
- He totally forgot to remove the Burning Man “kissing” photos, “Wasn’t ready for that, ” he says.
- On Burning Man, “I was looking for something and I wasn’t sure what it was. [After experimenting with] certain funguses, I had a psychedelic experience where I looked up at the clouds and went, ‘Oh!’ I realized that we all have our own power, and that whatever I wanted to do, I had to make happen.”
- Adam’s father Eber caught his 13-year-old son looking at gay pornography on the family computer, and turned to his wife and said ‘It’s official.’ Later, Lambert’s mother asked if he had a girlfriend. He said no. She asked if he had a boyfriend. He said no. Then she asked if he wanted a boyfriend, to which Lambert replied “Yes, that would be nice.”
- He tried drugs for the first time, At 21, during his six-month European tour of Hair. That was when he dyed his hair black. In Germany, he started smoking pot and tried Ecstasy. But he does have limits. Among his dislikes: cocaine.
- Not into drag, “I’ve only dressed in drag three or four times. … I don’t tuck and wear breasts, that’s not me.”
- Stereotypes annoy, “
Clay Aiken‘s gay, and I’m gay, and we couldn’t be more different. The only thing that is the same about everyone in the gay community is that we’re gay. … Why can’t we talk about a human community?”
- Finally, “I’m trying to be a singer, notÃƒâ€š civil rights leader.”
- Adam’s record deal with 19R and RCA records is official.Ãƒâ€š Read the press release HERE.