The Voice Executive Producer, Mark Burnett is holding a press conference at his sprawling estate tonight, in order to outline format changed to the third season of The Voice. Carson Daley, Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine are also on hand to discuss the new season.
Here they are in a nutshell
- For Season 3, when one coach eliminates an artist in the Battle Round, another coach can buzz in and “steal” them. Coaches are allowed to steal two each then leave the Battle Rounds with 10 contestants each.
- There will be a “Knockout” round that brings the number of contestants down to 5.
- Knockouts represent a second part of the battle umbrella that gives us great, great TV, says Carson
- Reporters got an opportunity to watch a Season 3 Battle, with a steal as an example.
- “People who deserve to stay, now get a chance to stay” says Mark.
- Adam Levine says he’s proud of the fact that other superstars are now doing music shows. “We made this cool.”
- “The blind audition replaced the need to find terrible singers and rip them,” Mark Burnett says.
- Carson quips how none of them knew who @BlakeShelton was when they first met. #harhar #TheVoice
- “This isn’t our day job. We’re doing this for the right reasons,” says Blake Shelton
- Mark Burnett says he’d like the four The Voice judges to keep first position even if they have to sit out a season to tour.
- No deals in place yet with the coaches for the spring season of The Voice but Cee-Lo says he’d like to do it.
- It won’t be if, it’s when. They’re all going to tour. We’re talking about it all the time,” Burnett says of the coaches. “”They told me our priority are records, recording and tours,” Burnett says, notes he wants to keep the coaches happy for the next 10, 12 yrs
Here’s a good explanation of how the Knockout Round will work from The Hollywood Reporter:
Then, the show will move into the knockout round. Each team will have 10 members at the beginning. The contestants will choose their own song to perform. On the day of the show, they’ll find out who they are paired up against, which is up to their coach. One of the contestants will then sit in the corner of the stage and watch as the other performs. The coaches will then cut their teams down to five members for the live shows.
I don’t know if making the Battle Rounds more complicated is going to help the show, to be honest. Mark Burnett’s way of thinking seems to be: When in doubt, stuff the show with more gimmicks. It’s a lot of style, with NO substance.
Via @TheVoice and @TVGuideMagazine
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Concert Schedule: David Cook, Pentatonix - 05/30/2016
- Headlines: Trent Harmon & Colin Powell, JHud & Beyonce - 05/30/2016
- Watch Clark Beckham & Savannah Outen Never Be Like You Cover VIDEO - 05/30/2016