- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Shirley Temple Black, child actress and later, foreign diplomat has died at 85. Via CNN
Shirley Temple Black, who rose to fame as arguably the most popular child star in Hollywood history, died late Monday night, her publicist said.
She was 85.
Temple Black, who also enjoyed a long career as a diplomat, died of natural causes at her Woodside, California, home. She was surrounded by family and caregivers, a statement from Cheryl Kagan said.
She began acting at age 3 and became a massive box-office draw before turning 10, commanding a then-unheard of salary of $50,000 per movie.
Her first film of notice was in 1932 when she played in “War Babies,” part of the “Baby Burlesks” series of short films.
For about 18 years, she sang, tap-danced and acted her way into the hearts of millions. Her corkscrew curls were popular with little girls from the 1930s through the 1970s.
She embarked on a new career as a foreign diplomat: She served in the U.S. delegation to the United Nations from 1969 to 1974 was U.S. ambassador to Ghana from 1974 to 1976, and U.S. ambassador to Czechoslovakia from 1989 to 1992.
“We salute her for a life of remarkable achievements as an actor, as a diplomat, and most importantly as our beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and adored wife of fifty-five years of the late and much missed Charles Alden Black,” a statement said.
I watched her films as a kid and was really disappointed to find out she was actually a grownup! Her movies have endured over generations, which is impressive, considering her career was mostly confined to the 1930s. Poor Shirley was almost always an orphan, or motherless/fatherless. In the end, she’d always find a happy ending.
Check out a few of Shirley Temple Black’s iconic film clips below:
Here she is tap dancing with the legendary hoofer, Bill “Bojangles” Robinson. From the 1935 film, The Little Colonel
Block out the racist overtones, which was typical of the time, and check out Robinson’s dancing. It’s amazing.
Dancing with Buddy Ebsen (yes, from the Beverly Hillbillies in the 1935 film, At The Codfish Ball
And of course…The Good Ship Lollipop from the 1934 film, Bright Eyes.
- Powered by Disqus
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice and Glee Stay Steady
- The Voice 6 Top 12 is Revealed! The Return of the Instasave, Double Elims
- Idol Headlines for 4/16/2014
- American Idol 13 Top 7 Song Spoilers
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 04/13/14
- The Voice 6 – Playoffs #3 – TAKE THE POLLS
- The Voice 6 – The Playoffs #3 – Liveblog and Performance Videos
- Glee Season 5 – Tested – Recap and Performance Videos
- The Voice 6 Playoffs Song Spoilers – Team Usher!
- Carly Rose Soncenclar & Boyce Avenue – Counting Stars/Monster (VIDEO)
- Idol Insider – Didi Benami Performs “Trouble”, Talks New Album (VIDEO)
- The Voice: Melanie Martinez Set to Release Dollhouse EP, Announces Tour Dates
- Glee Spoilers: Season 6 Won’t Be Set in New York City (UPDATED)
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Monday Season Low, DWTS Rises
- Idol Headlines for 4/15/14
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : Apr 7-13
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 6 — Episode 9 – Results, Recap, Video
- Phillip Phillips Debuts “Searchlight” for ET Canada (AUDIO)
- The Voice 6 – Playoffs #2 – TAKE THE POLLS
- The Voice 6 – The Playoffs #2 – Liveblog and Performance Videos
- Dancing With The Stars – Season 18 – Week 5
- Glee Season 5: Which Of Your Favorites are Returning?
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Pulls Episode Using Transphobic Slur
- Jennifer Hudson Premieres “Walk it Out” featuring Timbaland (AUDIO)
- American Idol 13 Studio Recordings Top 8 Redux – FULL SONGS