- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Listen to a snip of it below, from USA Today:
A clip from Amazon:
Scotty joins David Cook, Will Young, Carrie Underwood, Ruben Studdard and Daughtry as Idol alums who have recorded boot songs for Idol seasons.
Check out the press release below:
NASHVILLE, TN – American Idol Season 10 winner and platinum-selling country artist Scotty McCreery has been chosen to perform the “goodbye” song for Season 11 of American Idol, FOX’s hit singing-competition series.
“It’s always a sad time whenever this song is played, but it’s definitely a really big part of the show,” Scotty says. “I never had to experience that feeling personally, but I always felt the pain because we became such a close family on the show. We were such a tight-knit group of people, so it was always sad to see people go. The send-off song was always a way to stay connected to the show. I’m glad they chose me to do it.”
Scotty selected the Tim McGraw hit “Please Remember Me” as the “goodbye” song that will be played after a contestant is eliminated and video highlights of the contestant’s experiences on Idol are shown. The song will debut on American Idol on Thursday.
Simon Fuller, creator/executive producer of American Idol and CEO of XIX Entertainment, says, “Once again this year I wanted to have one of Idol’s past winners sing our farewell song. The success Scotty has enjoyed since he won Idol last year is incredible. He has a platinum album selling over a million copies in just a few short months and has enjoyed a sell-out arena tour with Brad Paisley. With the release of this special song, ‘Please Remember Me,’ his success is set to continue and hit new highs. Idol is proud of all the incredible stars that have come from our show.”
Scotty says “Please Remember Me” is a great song with lyrics that are very appropriate for this setting. “When you are eliminated, whether it’s early on or down the road in the competition, you always want people to remember you. You want to get to work and put out some good music, and through that music, people will remember you. This is one way this lyric can be interpreted for this goodbye song.
“Tim did such a fantastic job with it when he cut it. Hopefully we will live up to his expectations and he will like it,’ Scotty says. “I sent Tim a message and told him that we cut it and I hope that he liked it. He told me, ‘Great man. I can’t wait to hear it. I’m sure you nailed it.’ It was cool hearing that feedback from a country superstar.”
Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO of FremantleMedia North America and American Idol executive producer, says, “Since being crowned the American Idol last year, Scotty has become a platinum-selling recording artist with legions of fans and immense popularity. He’s the ideal choice to sing the ‘goodbye’ song this season.”
Scotty will perform on American Idol later this season. “I am pumped!” he says. “That was my launching pad and what gave me my platform to do what I’m doing now. Anytime I can go back and see some familiar faces and say thanks, I will be the first one to do it.
“I am excited to go up there and sing and hopefully have some one-on-one time with contestants and see what they are up to and maybe have a chance to give them some advice and some of my ins and outs of the competition that I learned through my experience.”
Since winning Season 10 of American Idol in May, he has quickly emerged as one of the most successful country stars of the last year. His debut album, Clear As Day, was certified platinum for sales of more than 1 million units in just three months, and he was named No. 1 on Billboard magazine’s list of Top New Country Artists for 2011. He also won New Artist of the Year at the American Country Awards in December.
His debut album on Mercury Nashville/19 Recordings/Interscope, Clear As Day, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 and Top Country Albums charts, making him the youngest man in history to open at the top of the all-genre chart with a debut release. It also garnered the highest sales of any country solo album released last year and held the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart for six weeks.
The album’s first two singles, “I Love You This Big” and “The Trouble With Girls,” have been certified gold. He is currently touring the nation as part of Brad Paisley’s “Virtual Reality World Tour 2012″ presented by Chevrolet. Since mid-January, he has performed in front of nearly 225,000 people.
Scotty has been nominated for this year’s Academy of Country Music New Artist of the Year Award, which will be given out during the 47th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas on April 1.
- Powered by Disqus
- America’s Got Talent – Season 8 Auditions, Week 3 – Live Blog and Discussion
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Top 20 Reveal- Live Blog and Discussion
- Kelly Clarkson Confirms via Twitter She WON’T Be Joining American Idol
- Fifth Harmony Unveil “Miss Movin On” Lyric Video
- The Voice 4 – Finale – Top 3 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- FIRST LISTEN: Kelly Clarkson’s New Country Single “Tie It Up” (STUDIO VERSION)!
- Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts Sings “Someone Somewhere Tonight” on The View (VIDEO)
- Official Video: Kree Harrison’s Grand Ole Opry Debut, Duet With Keith Urban (Bonus Carrie Underwood Video)
- Monday Ratings: The Voice and The Winner Is… Ticks Up
- Ne-Yo and Cher Lloyd – It’s All Good – Song Premiere (AUDIO)
- Jessica Sanchez and PS22 Chorus Perform “Clarity” Trevor Live NYC (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 6/18/13
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : June 10-16
- The Winner Is… Episode Two (VIDEO)
- The Voice 4 – Final Performance Top 3 – Take the Polls!
- The Bachelorette – Week 4 – Live Blog & Discussion (UPDATED)
- The Voice 4 – Final Performance Top 3 – Recap and Videos
- The Voice 4 Finale Top 3 Song Spoilers (UPDATED)
- Kris Allen Thanks His Fans for Voting With A Song (VIDEO)
- CBS Announces Fall 2013 Premiere Dates Including Survivor and Amazing Race
- Chris Colfer: Glee 5 Begins Shooting at the End of July (VIDEO) (Photos)
- So You Think You Can Dance- The Top 20 (SPOILERS!)
- Britney Spears New Song “Ooh La La” Smurfs 2 Premiere (AUDIO)
- The Voice 4- Mac’s Top 3 Power List (Finale Edition!)
- Miss Utah Marissa Powell Flubs Miss USA Pageant Question (VIDEO)