- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
X Factor fans will be able to vote on what song the finalists will sing next Wednesday. Not only THAT, ya’ll will have the opportunity to provide input on what the contestants will wear, what vocal style the songs will be performed in, choreography themes, set design and more.
Oh boy! I think Vote for the Worst should get involved here. Ha.
Read the press release below.
PURCHASE, N.Y., Nov. 29, 2012 — /PRNewswire/ – Tonight, THE X FACTOR® unveils this season’s version of the “Pepsi Challenge,” allowing the fans to influence the competition like never before. Viewers will be able to virtually join the judges in the role of mentoring the contestants, as they get the opportunity to choose one of two songs each contestant may perform LIVE on Wednesday, Dec. 5 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. Fans will have until Saturday, December 1 at 9:00 AM PT/ 12:00 PM ET to cast their votes. Fans can make their song selections at www.TheXFactorUSA.com.
In addition, this season, Pepsi and THE X FACTOR® have added a new facet to “THE X FACTOR® Pepsi Challenge.” Once the songs are determined by the fans’ choice, contestants will ask fans to step into a mentoring role – asking for their input on what outfits to wear, what vocal style the songs should be performed in, choreography themes, set design, visual effects, etc. In addition, fans will be further engaged by the contestants’ daily submissions of rehearsal videos, pictures, posts and updates through various social media channels, such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The designated hashtag is #PepsiChallenge. Pepsi and THE X FACTOR® continue to make history by allowing viewers to interact with contestants in real time, and directly impact their performances.
“Last year, Pepsi challenged fans to be a part of the action by choosing a song they’d like to see the finalists perform,” said Angelique Krembs, VP Marketing, Pepsi. ”This year, we are taking it to the next level. ‘THE X FACTOR® Pepsi Challenge’ will allow fans to help shape every aspect of the finalists’ performances.
Tune in Wednesdays (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) and Thursdays (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) to THE X FACTOR® as the remaining acts battle it out for America’s vote. At stake is the THE X FACTOR® title and grand prize $5 million dollar recording contract with Syco/Sony Music and a Pepsi commercial during the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards®.
Fans can engage with and follow THE X FACTOR® contestants on Twitter!
Follow Pepsi on Twitter.com/Pepsi, join the conversation with @pepsi on www.pepsi.com, and be part of the live THE X FACTOR® viewing parties on http://www.pepsisoundoff.com #SoundOffNow with other Pepsi fans.
About PepsiCo PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo’s people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also, means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo’s promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
About THE X FACTOR® THE X FACTOR® was created by Syco Television and is produced by Syco Television and FremantleMedia North America. Rob Wade and Nigel Hall are executive producers for Syco Television. Trish Kinane, Richard Holloway and Andrew Llinares serve as executive producers for FremantleMedia North America. ”Like” THE X FACTOR® on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheXFactorUSA. Follow the series on Twitter @TheXFactorUSA and join the discussion at #xfactor. Follow the judges and hosts: @SimonCowell; @BritneySpears; @ddlovato; @LA_Reid; @KhloeKardashian and @MarioLopezExtra.
- Powered by Disqus
- 2012 Season Ratings: The Voice Beats American Idol in the Demo
- Mariah Carey GMA Wardrobe Malfunction (VIDEO)
- Jennifer Hudson Negotiating to Judge American Idol (UPDATED)
- Idol Headlines for 5/25/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 06/01/13
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million In Tour Proceeds To Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- Simon Cowell: “I’m Bored By Millionaires Bickering Amongst Themselves”
- American Idol 11 Alums, Elise Testone and Deandre Brackensick Get Ready to Release New Music
- Kelly Clarkson Won’t Be Judging American Idol 13
- Ratings: 2012 Season Saw Major Year to Year Declines
- Idol Headlines for 5/23/13
- Glee Star Lea Michele Signs a Book Deal
- DWTS Zendaya and Val Perform “Hip Hop Malfunction” on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- York Couple Arrested After Stabbing Incident Over American Idol Finale
- X Factor UK: Lucy Spraggan Debuts “Lighthouse”
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 05/23/13
- ‘Nashville’ Episode 21 – Season Finale – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13 – The Evening Edition
- Maroon 5 “Love Somebody” Music Video Debut
- Dancing With The Stars To Undergo Shakeup, Including New Judges (Report)
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards Nominations Announced
- X Factor UK: Judges Confirmed, Double Auditions
- First Wave of Teen Choice Nominations Announced
- Tuesday Ratings: DWTS Finale Lowest in History, The Voice Hits Tuesday Season Low
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13