Maksim Chmerkovskiy reveals to the New York Post that he is quitting Dancing With The Stars!
The hot-tempered hoofer says he will not return to “Dancing With the Stars” after his current contract expires at the end of next year.
“What else do I have to do there after 15 seasons?” he tells The Post. “It makes total sense. The audience can’t expect for me to want to stick around, and the producers can’t expect for me to want to stick around.”
Maks — who re-teams with Kirstie Alley for the show’s all-star season on Monday — says he plans to pursue acting and possibly a reality show with his brother, Val.
It appears that Maks is done with pushing his partner’s careers to the next level. It’s time for ME TIME!
“Essentially, 80% of our job is to give somebody another push in their career,” he says. “Or we make them into likable characters. But at the end of the day, they go off and they better themselves.
“I loved doing it. But to be honest with you, at 32, I am at what-about-me time.’”
Maks has already secured the lead in a motion picture where he plays…what else? A Latin dancer. About acting, Maks says, ““I never thought I was ready. Then I had a whole day of reading with the director and casting director, and I enjoyed it so much! I caught the bug, as they say. This is something I really want to do.”
Maksim linked to the NYP story in a tweet, “With nothing but love, gratitude and respect to all that played a part in that amazing aspect of my life.”
Via New York Post
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Jennifer Lopez Set to Judge and Produce World of Dance - 09/28/2016
- The Voice and DWTS Tuesday Ratings Down vs Last Week - 09/28/2016
- Headlines: Danielle Bradbery, Tori Kelly, Megan Joy - 09/28/2016