Ryan Seacrest exclusively revealed the news Tuesday on his radio show during an interview with stars Amber Riley and Harry Shum Jr., who were hearing the news for the first time, according to RyanSeacrest.com
“Glee Live! In Concert!” will kick off on May 21 in Las Vegas, and will be visiting 16 cities, ending in Uniondale NY on June 18.
Yes, the tour is coming to Boston! I’ll be there, of course.
“The cast and I were so moved by the love and enthusiasm of our fans at last year’s concerts that we knew we had to do it again,” said the show’s co-creator Ryan Murphy. “There is something magical about thousands of ‘Gleeks’ coming together to share a special night with our cast, and this tour is one way we can thank them for their unbelievable support from the beginning.”
Like last year, the show will feature the most memorable musical numbers from seasons one and two including “Empire State of Mind,” “Toxic,” ”My Life Would Suck Without You,” “It’s My Life,” and of course, the show’s anthem, “Don’t Stop Believin’.”
Tickets will go on sale Saturday, February 19 to the general public, but American Express cardmembers get the first chance at tickets this Friday, February 11. For more information, please visit www.gleetour.com.
I’m glad the kids are touring, but geez, do they ever get a break? See the entire schedule, after the jump.
2011 Glee Live! In Concert! dates:
- May 21 | Las Vegas, NV | Mandalay Bay Event Center
- May 22 | Sacramento, CA | Arco Arena
- May 24 | San Jose, CA | HP Pavilion
- May 27 | Anaheim, CA | Honda Center
- May 28 | Los Angeles, CA | Staples Center
- May 29 | San Diego, CA | Valley View Casino Center
- June 1 | Minneapolis, MN | Target Center
- June 2 | Indianapolis, IN | Conseco Fieldhouse
- June 3 | Chicago, IL | Allstate Arena
- June 6 | Boston, MA | TD Garden
- June 8 | Philadelphia, PA | Wells Fargo Center
- June 11 | Toronto, Canada | Air Canada Centre
- June 13 | Detroit, MI | Palace of Auburn Hills
- June 14 | Cleveland, OH | Quicken Loans Arena
- June 16 | East Rutherford, NJ | Izod Center
- June 18 | Uniondale, NY | Nassau Colliseum