The Forbes list of the Top 10 American Idols of 2012 is out. Check it out below and compare it to last year’s list. The numbers are based on estimated pretax income earned from May 2011 to May 2012.
Kelly Clarkson takes the top spot away from Carrie Underwood, who reigned supreme two years in a row. Kelly’s new record, Stronger, touring and guest stints on The Voice and Duets helped secure her top spot. Scotty McCreery’s 250K advance and his tour with Brad Paisley helped put him in 4th place. Forbes expects touring to help Adam Lambert score higher next year (I suspect the same will be true for Carrie). Her role on the NBC musical drama, Smash puts Katharine McPhee on the list. David Archuleta’s success in the Philippines helped him to round out the list at #10.
Via Forbes Magazine
1. Kelly Clarkson ($8 million)
2. Carrie Underwood ($5 million, tie)
2. Daughtry ($5 million, tie)
4. Scotty McCreery ($4 million)
5. Jennifer Hudson ($3 million)
6. Jordin Sparks ($2 million)
7. Adam Lambert ($1.5 million)
8. Katharine McPhee ($1.1 million, tie)
8. Kellie Pickler ($1.1 million, tie)
10. David Archuleta ($1 million, tie)
10> David Cook ($1 million, tie)
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)