- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
The CMA Music Festival is a huge event that takes place in Nashville every June. There are performances, events, autograph signings and more–all geared to please country music fans who come from everywhere to attend.
American Idol 10 winner and runner-up, and teen country singers, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina are set to make their Nashville debuts at CMA Fest this week. The duo will present at the CMT awards on Wednesday, perform at the Opry on Friday and play the annual City of Hope Softball challenge on Saturday.
On support from radio stations, Scotty McCreery tells country aircheck, ““From what I’m hearing, I’ve gotten a lot of support thus far,” says Scotty, ” I know there are a couple who aren’t on the bandwagon, but it’s my job to get out there, put out good music and win them over.” It’s Scotty’s first trip to Music Fest, ““I was trying to go last year,” he says. “A friend of
mine from middle school was going, and I watched it all on TV. It’s going to be an amazing experience. When I think that I was bagging groceries three months ago, it’s pretty humbling to get this chance.”
Lauren Alaina tells Country Aircheck she’s too busy to look ahead, ““I don’t really know much about what we’ll be doing with radio,” she admits. “We’ve been so busy finishing up with the show and doing press. I’m told I’m No. 40 on the charts, which is cool. Some people work their whole lives and don’t get that opportunity.”
Carrie Underwood’s week at CMA Fest will be cut short. She appeared at the Billboard country music summit on Monday and is set to sing at the Opry on Tuesday. But then that’s it for Carrie–she leaves for a promotional tour of Australia on Friday.
At the Billboard Summit on Monday, Carrie told the attendees that her relationship with hockey player Mike Fisher opened her to write more revealing material, including her recent hit “Mama’s Song.” “I don’t do moosh,” she said. She is more open, she conceded, and perhaps on the way to “becoming a sentimental weenie.” Her impact on husband Mike? “I haven’t improved his hockey game one iota.”
Carrie told the crowd she’s begun writing her new album, and that she’s definitely gained confidence as a songwriter, but always listens to outside material. “The best song wins-end of story,” she says, but “I want to give my fans the best album possible.”
She says her new album is a work in progress. “It’s shaping up, at its earliest form, to be very eclectic,” she says. “I always look for vocally challenging songs. It’ll be me, but hopefully more progressive.”
Carrie had some advice for Idol winner, Scotty McCreery–don’t listen to criticism that he was too country. “I really don’t understand that terminology at all-’too country,’ what is that?” she says. “I’ve been criticized for being ‘too pop.’ Everybody is too something it seems like, but the format is doing pretty good so obviously nobody is too anything. It’s exciting to turn on the radio and hear traditional country and then hear Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban, which are a completely different sound. I personally don’t want to hear the same song over and over again.”
A couple of other little tidbits from the summit via twitter: “Carrie Underwood talks Brad Paisley duet and said Sheryl Crow was the voice of the demo when she first heard the song.” “”Carrie Underwood is really loving Adele right now!” “Carrie Underwood just told us she wants to do a traditional gospel album in the future!!”
Although there will be no Carrie performances beyond her Tuesday Opry appearance, there will be plenty of Idols representing on the CMA stages throughout the weekend. Scotty and Lauren, Bo Bice, Kellie Pickler, Casey James, Bucky Covington, Crystal Bowersox, Danny Gokey all have appearances. Aaron Kelly will be on hand. Idol original flavah, Kelly Clarkson will sing “Don’t You Wanna Stay” with Jason Aldean at LP Field on Thursday night. Idols Idols everywhere!
For a comprehensive list of CMA appearances, Check this out.
Tuesday June 7
- Bo Bice takes part in the Porter Wagoner Memorial Artists & Anglers Fishing Tournament at Sanders Ferry Park, Hendersonville. 6 am.
- Bucky Covington takes part in the Country Weekly Fashion Show. 8 pm Rocketown, 8 pm. More info HERE.
- Kellie Pickler performs a closing showcase at the Billboard Country Summit in Nashville
- Kellie Pickler performs at the 103 WKDF Summer Beach Party at the Stage on Broadway. Part of the CMA Fest in Nashville. More info HERE.
- Carrie Underwood Fan Party, 9:30 am Grand Ole Opry house
- Carrie Underwood performs at the Grand Ole Opry
Wednesday June 8
- Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina will present at the CMT music awards 8 pm
Thursday June 9
- Bucky Covington Fan Club PartyWhiskey Bent Saloon more information HERE.
- Kelly Clarkson and Jason Aldean sing “Don’t You Wanna Stay” at the CMA Music Festival, LP Field, Nashville, TN
- Casey James plays the Lays Stage at the CMA Music Fest.
- Casey James plays an acoustic set break at LP Field at the CMA Music Fest. More information HERE.
Friday June 10
- Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina make their Grand Ole Opry debuts @ 7 pm.
- Bucky Covington plays the Riverfront stage at the CMA Music Festival. More information HERE.
- Bo Bice “peeps” party – The Limelight – 10 am
Saturday June 11
- Lauren Alaina & Scotty McCreery play at the 21st Annual City of Hope Celebrity Softball Challenge at Greer Stadium in Nashville. More info HERE.
- Crystal Bowersox will perform at the Jo Dee Messina Fan Club party in Nashville TN. More information HERE.
- Crystal Bowersox plays CMA Fest 2011 – Riverfront Park -Nashville, TN 1:00 pm
- Danny Gokey helps unveil the world’s largest t-shirt at Centennial Park in Nashville. More information HERE.
Sunday June 12
- Bo Bice plays the Lays Stage at the CMA music fest.
- Powered by Disqus
- Jessica Sanchez Performs “Feel This Moment” – Dancing With the Stars (VIDEO)
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Results, Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The Finale! (Night 2- Results)
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Audition #3- Live Blog and Discussion
- X Factor 3 Judges Panel First Look! (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- Kellie Pickler And Derek Hough’s Powerful DWTS Freestyle (Videos) (Photos)
- Oklahoma City Tornadoes – How You Can Help
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Season, Series Low, DWTS Down from Fall, Spring Finales
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : May 13-19
- X Factor Judge, Paulina Rubio Accused of Assaulting a Pap and Stealing His Camera
- Lee DeWyze Announces Album Release Date
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Take the Polls!
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1) – POLLS!
- FOX Announces Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio Join The X Factor Judges Panel
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1)
- Idol Headlines for 5/20/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Song Spoilers
- Vanessa Lengies Leaving Glee After Landing Mixology Role (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina – Breakdown – Live at the Grand Ole Opry
- Sunday Ratings: Year to Year Billboard Music Awards Up, Celebrity Apprentice Down