- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Congrats to Carrie Underwood, whose Blown Away album has been certified platinum by the RIAA. Read the press release and check out how Carrie made Billboard history this week, after the jump!
via Sony Nashville
Carrie Underwood’s Blown Away Album Certified Platinum And Returns To No. 1, Marking 6 Cumulative Weeks At The Summit Of Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart!
2012 CMA Female Vocalist Nominee Makes Billboard History As “Blown Away” Continues To Soar, Becoming Her 16th Top 10 Single!
Nashville, TN – Superstar Carrie Underwood’s fourth album Blown Away has been certified Platinum by the RIAA and returns to the No. 1 spot this week, marking six cumulative weeks at the summit of Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart. Earlier this week the nominations were announced for “The 46th Annual CMA Awards” and Carrie earned her seventh Female Vocalist nomination.
Underwood has received five CMA Awards in her career, including three consecutive wins as Female Vocalist (2006, 2007, 2008), as well as Single of the Year (2007 for “Before He Cheats”), and the Horizon Award (2006).
Carrie and Brad Paisley will return to host “The 46th Annual CMA Awards” for a fifth time in 2012. “Country Music’s Biggest Night™” airs live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on Thursday, Nov. 1 (8:00-11:00 PM/ET) on the ABC Television Network.
Blown Away’s second single and title track entered the Top 10 this week as it continues to climb the Billboard country airplay chart. This marks Underwood’s 16th single to reach the Top 10, which according to Billboard is a record among women in the tally’s 68-year history.
On September 14, Carrie will launch the North American portion of her third headline arena tour, “The Blown Away Tour,” in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Blown Away made history this spring by debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart making Carrie only the second country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at No. 1. Blown Away also debuted at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart making Carrie only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at No. 1. Blown Away became country’s best-selling digital album debut since 2010. “Good Girl,” her first single from Blown Away, has already achieved the No. 1 slot on both Billboard and Country Aircheck’s country airplay charts and became her 15th No. 1 single.
Since releasing Some Hearts in 2005, Carrie has sold more than 15 million albums with Some Hearts, 2007’s Carnival Ride, and 2009’s Play On making her the best-selling American Idol in the U.S. She’s accumulated 15 No. 1 singles, seven of which she co-wrote, and became the first country artist in history and the only American Idol winner ever to achieve 10 No. 1 singles from their first two albums. She is a five-time Grammy winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time Country Music Association and ACM Female Vocalist winner, and a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry.
This week, Blown Away returned to the t10 of the all-genre Billboard 200 albums chart with a +85% increase to 28k sales, bringing its US sales total to 749k. HDD is currently predicting another week in the t10 for Blown Away with another 24-27k in sales.
Though one million US scanned copies may be a little way off for Blown Away, Carrie’s albums have traditionally showed long legs, her current single “Blown Away” (only the 2nd single off the album) has more than stabilized album sales, and Carrie’s got good promo coming up including CMA Fest: Country’s Night To Rock airing on ABC on 9/17 from 8 PM to 11 PM Eastern, VH1: Behind The Music premiering on 9/30, VH1 Unplugged premiering 10/2, and the CMA Awards themselves on November 1. Carrie’s previous 3 albums have all sold multi-platinum.
Tagged with: Carrie Underwood
- Powered by Disqus
- The Sound Of Music Starring Carrie Underwood – New Photos
- ‘Nashville’ Season 2, Episode 9 – Recap & Discussion Post
- X Factor 3 Top 6 – Take the Polls!
- The X Factor 3 – Top 6 Performance – Recap and Videos
- Idol Headlines for 12/4/13 – Evening Edition
- The Voice: Danielle Bradbery, Cassadee Pope, Swon Brothers Set for Dec 10
- Angie Miller “This Christmas Song” Drops – Lyric Video
- Ruben Studdard Insists 1st Elimination From The Biggest Loser Was Not A Stunt
- Glee Original Cast To Return to 100th Episode Celebration (UPDATED)
- “The Sound of Music” Cost NBC Close to 9 Million Dollars
- Cassadee Pope & Travis Tritt Cover “Night Train” for CMT Artists of the Year (VIDEO)
- Tuesday Ratings: The Big Rise for The Voice
- Paul Rudd SNL Promos (One Direction is the Musical Guest!) (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 12/4/13
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 12/01/13
- The Voice 5 Top 6 Results and VIDEO
- The Biggest Loser – “Take a Trainer Home” – Recap and Discussion
- DJ Earworm – United State of Pop 2013 (Living the Fantasy)
- The Voice 5 Top 6 – iTunes Rankings, Poll Results and Predictions
- Kellie Pickler – The Man with the Bag – CMA Country Christmas (VIDEO)
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Ticks Up
- American Idol XIII Promos – Fun With the Judges and More – (VIDEO)
- The Voice Top 6 – Sing Hard – Cute Action Movie Trailer Parody (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 12/3/13
- VIDEO PREMIERE: Kelly Clarkson’s “Underneath The Tree”!