- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Join me on Twitter this week as I will be live tweeting. You can watch or join in by following @nericmitch or using #mjsamazingrace, Come back later for my Recap.
Last week’s results
1. Team Longhorn (Trey and Lexi)
2. Team Ego (Abbie and Ryan)
3. Team Rocker (James and Mark)
4. Team Twin (Natalie and Nadiya)
5. Team Chippendale (Jaymes and James)
6. Team Goat (Josh and Brent)
Team Monster Truck (Rob and Kelley) Eliminated
The teams are off for Moscow, Russia. Once landing the teams must make their way to the Zurab Tsereteli Sculpture Park for their next clue. Team Longhorn takes off first. Lexi seems to be ready for Trey to put a ring on it but all this wedding talk makes Trey look uncomfortable.
Team Ego is upset that Twins and Longhorns seem to be working together since more teams to work against them and maybe U-Turn them.
At the airport Team Longhorn is having trouble finding a carrier that will take them to Moscow so they take the time to grab some lunch at Popeye’s. I wondered if CBS tried to get Popeye’s to pay for the product placement since it was shown on TV and not blurred out or anything.
The Twins don’t need to worry about food since their driver shares food with them. The taxi driver tells them to call him Papa. One thing they have is that they seem to always get taxi drivers on their side.
There seems to be three flights paths. They can go via Amsterdam, via Munich, or via Frankfurt. The Rockers and Chippendales go via Amsterdam, Twins and Longhorns via Munich, and Team Ego and Team Goat via Frankfurt. Team Ego comment again on how Longhorns and Twins are sticking together. For their part the Longhorns and Twins comment on Abbie’s crazy eyes.
Team Goat flips a coin and goes to Frankfurt which is delayed by an hour which kills their connection time. They try to run for the connection but it’s gone without them. The next arrival in Moscow is 3:10 PM so that coin flip cost them almost a full day. Of course maybe Team Ego should work with other teams since other teams are in the front group.
Rockers and Chippendales arrive at the next stop but not open until the morning so Team Longhorns and Twins are able to check up and get the clue together.
Team Ego and Team Goat are now on their way to Warsaw for their connection to Moscow.
The other four teams are on their way to Moskvoretsky Most to find Ivan the Terrible Guards or two guys in red coats for the next clue. Rockers get their first to start the Detour.
- Alphabetized: Go to Russian State Library and comb through Card Catalogue and find locations of books. Once they find all four books they will get their next clue.
- Synchronized: Teams must learn a Synchronized Swim routine and once able to do the routine they will get the next clue.
The Rockers head for the Library along with Team Longhorn. Chippendales and Twins head for the pool. Twins have a hard time getting a taxi to stop for them. At the Library The Rockers have a hard time following the Russian Letters. The Chippendales get to the pool first in their speedos and floral bathing cap. The first part seems easy to them but once in the water have harder time following steps and rolls in the water.
The Twins have two more legs to use the Express Pass so have to consider using it now. Once they finally get a taxi then decide to give the routine a try since the Chippendales are still there messing up the flips in the water. The Twins have just as much trouble in the pool.
At the Library the Rockers are close to giving up but Lexi figures out a routine to finding the cards. She follows shapes of letters rather than just trying to figure out the letters. As Longhorns find their first card the Rockers head to the pool since can’t figure out the books.
Longhorns figure out the locations of the books and are on their way to locate the books. I would have done the Library task since I am a horrible swimmer and back in the day I did a lot of Card Cataloging while volunteering at the library.
Twins have hard time since instructor can’t speak English so again consider using the Express pass. They take the option and start to leave when The Chippendales talk them out of it. The Chippendales make a great point that Team Ego and Team Goat are way behind so it would be a waste now and after considering it the Twins decide to finish the routine. If I was the Chippendales I would have let them waste the Express Pass.
Back at the Library Trey and Lexi finish and are now on their way to the Luzhkov Most to find the Trees of Love.
Roadblock: They must unlock ten locks to get their next clue which is a Bill that shows a building. This building is the next pit stop.
Chippendales finish the routine and they are shortly followed by the Twins. Team Longhorns arrive at the surrounded by people heading for weddings. Lexi has hearts in her eyes while Trey has the worried look of a guy who knows he has to commit soon.
We finally see Team Ego and Team Goat again. They decide to make a pact to stick together until the end of the leg. I’m curious to see how long this lasts.
The Rockers arrive at the pool and the Coach comments on how she is already afraid of watching them go. Meanwhile Team Longhorn finish the Roadblock and are off to The Bolshoi Theater which is the Pit Stop for this leg. Last team to arrive may be eliminated.
I love watching uncoordinated teams doing routines like this although I enjoyed the Bollywood challenge a few seasons ago over this one.
Team Longhorn finish first and win a trip for two to Maui. Phil asks them on a scale of 1 to 10 how in love are they and Lexi says 1000. They are followed by Team Chippendales and Team Twin in second and third.
Team Ego and Team Goat are finally arriving in Moscow. They quickly make their way to the Guards and want to do the Library but Ryan notices that the Library closes at 4 so they are forced to go swimming. At this point the coach gives the Rockers a break and tells them they are finished. They ask who is coming to the Tree of Love with them.
Team Goat were dreading choreography before the race and it is easy to see why as Brent looks awkward in the water.
The Rockers leave their bags in the taxi and start the Roadblock and when they decide it will take some time they go to relieve the taxi and realize it left with all their stuff including their passports. They finish the Roadblock and take their chances heading to see Phil.
At the Pool Team Ego finish first but decide to keep their promise by waiting for Team Goat to finish. I did not expect the pact to go this far and goes against everything Ryan said earlier about the Twins and Longhorns. Especially since they know they are in the bottom two at this point.
It’s amazing how careless The Rockers have been these last two legs. Last week it was leaving their money laying out in the open and leaving without it and this week they left their belongings in the taxi and it took off.
It does lead to a great exchange in the taxi.
Abba – “”What’s he gonna do? Take us to a back alley and slit our throats and killing us. That would be a fitting end to today”
James- “Now Now … not without seeing Phil”
At the pit stop Phil tells the Rockers that they cannot be checked in without their passports. They need to find their passports to check in so they are forced to go try to find the passports and the episode ends with the dreadful “To Be Continued.”
On the bright side if this is a non-elimination leg then two teams may get eliminated next week. See you then.
Tagged with: Amazing Race
- Powered by Disqus
- Lena Dunham Skits – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- The National – Graceless – I Need My Girl – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- Kellie Pickler – Closer to Nowhere – Grand Ole Opry (VIDEO)
- Adam Lambert and Queen Tour Promo (VIDEO)
- Phillip Phillips – Raging Fire Lyric Video and New Live Performance
- Ke$ha Leaves Rehab: New Look and New Name (PHOTO)
- Idol Headlines for 3/8/14
- Glee Goes to Nationals (Finally!) City of Angels – Spoilers, Sneak Peek VIDEO
- The Voice 6 Preview – Adam Levine, Blake Shelton Kiss, A True Blind Audition (VIDEO)
- American Idol XIII – Emily Piriz Shares her Thoughts on Working With Randy Jackson, Harry Connick Jr.
- Kelly Clarkson’s Hit “Breakaway” is the American Idol XIII Boot Song, Recorded by Each of the Contestants
- Cassadee Pope’s “Wasting All These Tears” Certified Platinum
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Hits Another Series Low
- The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis Laughs at an R Word Joke, Calls Detractors “Uncultured”
- Idol Headlines for 3/7/14
- Billboard – Chart Date 03/15/2014
- American Idol Top 11 to Sing Songs of the Cinema, Harry Connick Jr to Perform on Results
- Phillip Phillips Debuts Single “Raging Fire” on American Idol (VIDEO) (NEW PHOTOS!)
- American Idol XIII Top 12 Results – Live Blog – VIDEOS – PHOTOS
- American Idol XIII – Top 12 – Poll Results and Predictions
- Glee Spoilers – 100th Episode Photos Feat Old Favs, Chace Crawford, Finn Memorial
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol and Survivor Stay Even
- Idol Headlines for 3/6/14
- Kris Allen to Debut New Music at SXSW
- Adam Lambert to Front Queen North American Summer Tour (VIDEO) (UPDATED WITH TOUR DATES and PHOTOS)