Seattle Grunge-Rockers, Pearl Jam easily have the album of the week. They are estimated to outsell Miley by almost 100K in her second week where she faces a slightly larger than usual drop of 73%.
Idol Scotty McCreery debuts at the top of the Country chart with just over 50K in estimated sales. That’s enough to be in the top 10 on the main chart. Last week’s Country chart topper, Cassadee Pope (winner of the third season of the Voice) has a good second week only dropping an estimated 64%.
The big release this week is from Katy Perry and we should see 1 day predictions for her weekly sales today.
This is the weekly sales thread. Please post numbers as you find them. Thanks!
ETA: The Numbers Are In!
1. Pearl Jam – Lightning Bolt – 166K
2. Miley Cyrus – Bangerz – 72K – (-73%)
3. Paul McCartney – New – 67K
4. Drake – Nothing Was the Same – 58K (-30%)
5. Avett Brothers – Magpie and the Dandelion – 58K
6. Scotty McCreery – See You Tonight – 52K
7. Lorde – Pure Heroine – 48K (-24%)
8. Cher – Closer to the Truth – 45K (+50%)
9. Willie Nelson – To All the Girls – 43K
10. The Head and the Heart – Let’s Be Still – 42K