Chris Daughtry, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia and the soundtrack for “Dreamgirls” (featuring Jennifer Hudson) were nominated for awards for the 35th annual American Music Awards on Tuesday.
Jimmy Kimmel will host the 2007 American Music Awards, to be broadcast on ABC Nov. 18.
Daughtry is confirmed to perform.
Daughtry and Carrie Underwood were nominated for multiple awards:
- Album: “Daughtry” (Daughtry), “Minutes To Midnight” (Linkin Park), “FutureSex/LoveSounds” (Justin Timberlake)
- Adult Contemporary Artist: Daughtry, Norah Jones, John Mayer
- Breakthrough New artist: Daughtry, Plain White T’s, Robin Thicke
- Country Female Artist: Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood
- Country Album: “Let It Go” (Tim McGraw), “Me And My Gang” (Rascal Flatts), “Some Hearts” (Carrie Underwood)
Note that Daughtry is nominated in the AC category with John Mayer and Norah Jones, rather than in the Alternative category with Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance and the White Stripes…
Fantasia was nominated for Rap/Hip Hop Female Artist, along with Beyonce and Rihanna (I think Rihanna has got this one sewn up, considering this summer’s massive hit, “Umbrella”) and the album “Dreamgirls” featuring Jennifer Hudson was nominated Best Soundtrack. “Hairspray” and “High School Musical 2” were nominated in the Soundtrack category. I’d lay money on the kids taking this one. )