ETA: Vote for the Worst has some spoilers for the Top 22if you care to be spoiled!
Hey, let’s watch some Canadian Idol together, shall we? A big thank-you to Dave from Vote For the Worst who gave me the heads up on Igrecman, who posts CI videos immediately after the show airs. Thank you too, Igregman. Cool!
Tonight, are highlights from Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton. The auditions only last, thankfully, for 3 episodes, then it’s on to a week of Top 200 episodes. Afterward, the Top 22 begins. Check out the schedule here.
I think I’ll start this thread earlier in the future, for our Canadian and border state readers, so they can get a head-start on the discussion…
The videos are posted after the jump. We’ll be watching these together. I’ll post some thoughts later.
ETA: Some of tonight’s notable contestants:
- Taylor Abrahmse the due who sang “Tie Your mother Down” would have been part of the bad reel in AI, yet, he moved on to Toronto
- Tatiana Ostapowych – She performed Amy Winhouse’s “You Know I’m No Good. The judges got that she had a great voice, but was a little sterile. She auditioned for AI in San Diego last season.
- Oliver and Sebastian Piggot – The brothers who auditioned separately. They were both very good, but the judges raved for Oliver who was the less conventional one of the duo.
- Jesse Cottman – Dark haired guy with the scarf. Great audition, but that mall rock band he plays in is kinda lame.
- Leo Tams – The poor guy had a great audition, except he was so nervous, he had giant pit stains on his shirt. Ew!
- Earl Stevenson – He was the last audition of the night. The judges loved him. Very, uhm, quirky guy, even by CI standards.
Canadian Idol is like American Idol’s quirky little sister. I like that all 4 judges appear to be very musical and, judging by tonights episode, value contestants with a unique musical style over those who merely exhibit vocal prowess. A very different vibe from AI, indeed.
Videos After the JUMP…