- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
As I said yesterday, Kelly Clarkson’s new album will NOT be called Masquerade as reported by the Wall Street Journal.Ãƒâ€š That’s according to Kelly’s publicist, I’m hearing. Her peeps wouldn’t spill the title, but the blog Pop Justice is reporting the title as All I Ever Wanted.
A few Katy Perry tunes are rumored to be on the album, including one called Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œLong ShotÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ .Ãƒâ€š Also, rumor has it that the Daughtry duet is on, and itÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢s called Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œTemporary.Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ Ãƒâ€š Check out the lyrics to the title track in comments HERE.
Pop Justice has also heard Kelly’s new single, “My Life Would Suck Without You” and files this report:
What’s it like? Well, you cannot escape the fact that the intro is so similar to ‘Since U Been Gone’ you will probably think you are indeed listening to ‘Since U Been Gone’. Lyrically the song does actually lend itself to thoughts of being a sort of ‘Since U Been Gone Part Two’ and one could, at a push, see it picking up that song’s story four years on with Kelly realising that despite the earlier song’s defiant howl of independence she does, in fact, want her ex back. ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ is about the fella returning tail between legs (“guess this means you take back what you said before, like how much you wanted anyone but me”) and a relationship starting up again and being quite jolly in spite of all the previous nonsense.
The chorus goes “we belong together now, forever united here somehow, you got a piece of me and honestly my life would suck without you”. Except it’s not just “my life would suck without you”, it’s “my life (MY LIFE!) would suck (WOULD SUCK!) without you”. “I know that I’ve got issues but you’re pretty messed up too” is another good line; we also like the middle eight bit with “being with you is so dysfunctional, I really shouldn’t miss you, but I can’t let you go”.
Pop Justice also reports, most surprisingly, that the song has NO BRIDGE, which is really odd for a pop song.
Here’s the structure of the song laid out, according to the report:
1. Long intro with ‘Since U Been Gone’ guitary noise.
2. Vocal joins guitary nose with drumbeat.
3. Song explodes into chorus.
4. Song pulls back into second verse.
6. Middle eight: everything drops out, ‘Since U Been Gone’ guitar noise starts up underneath vocal, drumbeats and Since U Been Gone guitar noise lead into big whooshing noise into…
7. Chorus which leads to hilarious 80s rolling synth drumfill thing (we don’t know what it is but you’ll know what we mean when you hear it) which leads to…
8. Final chorus, sudden end, guitar noise, ‘fin’.
There is no bridge. NO BRIDGE! Production is halfway between ‘Since U Been Gone’ and Pink’s ‘So What’, with some drum machines chucked in. The song is three minutes and thirty two seconds long – only two seconds away from the Optimum Pop Duration – and comes in at about 145bpm. This BPM means that nightclub rotation will inspire more in the way of hands in the air/pointing/shouting than proper dancing. The song is better than anything Kelly did before ‘Since U Been Gone’ and it’s also better than anything she’s done since ‘Since U Been Gone’, so it should keep people happy. It is a pop song.
Also, from the blog Chart Rigger (and thanks to the peeps who are finding this great stuff!).Ãƒâ€š Here’s the Crypt Keeper himself, Clive Davis, explaining his own brilliance to Bill Maher, while the “My Life Would Suck Without You” demo plays in the background. The song’s composer/producer Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald, is also part of the interview:
- Powered by Disqus
- Jessica Sanchez – Killing Me Softly – Great American Songbook HOF (VIDEO)
- Christina Grimmie Unveils “Must Be Love” Official Lyric Video
- AGT and Big Brother Ratings Fall, SYTYCD Stays Steady
- Idol Headlines for 7/31/14
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 07/31/14
- Concert Schedule – 7/31/14 – Fifth Harmony, Scotty McCreery
- American Idol 14 Auditions Attract Hundreds in Nashville
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 1 Results Live Blog
- Big Brother 16 Episode 16 – Recap and Discussion
- SYTYCD 11- Top 14 Perform, 4 Go Home- Live Blog and Discussion
- Boston Man Arrested for Alleged Rape During Keith Urban Concert
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Kirstie Alley Fallout, Says DWTS is Running Out of Talent
- Justin Bieber and Orlando Bloom Reportedly Scuffle in an Ibiza Club
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week One Predictions
- Haley Reinhart Debuts “Show Me Your Moves” Music Video
- Idol Headlines for 7/30/14
- NBC Casts Girls Star Allison Williams as Peter Pan
- SYTYCD11- Top 14 Power List
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 07/27/14
- Concert Schedule – 7/30/14 – Scotty McCreery, Fifth Harmony
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 1 Recap – VIDEOS
- Danielle Bradbery Covers A Great Big World’s “Say Something” – VIDEO
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett – Anything Goes – VIDEO
- American Idol Alum Elise Testone – Help Me – Music Video
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Leaving DWTS (Again)