- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
As I said yesterday, Kelly Clarkson’s new album will NOT be called Masquerade as reported by the Wall Street Journal.Ãƒâ€š That’s according to Kelly’s publicist, I’m hearing. Her peeps wouldn’t spill the title, but the blog Pop Justice is reporting the title as All I Ever Wanted.
A few Katy Perry tunes are rumored to be on the album, including one called Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œLong ShotÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ .Ãƒâ€š Also, rumor has it that the Daughtry duet is on, and itÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢s called Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œTemporary.Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ Ãƒâ€š Check out the lyrics to the title track in comments HERE.
Pop Justice has also heard Kelly’s new single, “My Life Would Suck Without You” and files this report:
What’s it like? Well, you cannot escape the fact that the intro is so similar to ‘Since U Been Gone’ you will probably think you are indeed listening to ‘Since U Been Gone’. Lyrically the song does actually lend itself to thoughts of being a sort of ‘Since U Been Gone Part Two’ and one could, at a push, see it picking up that song’s story four years on with Kelly realising that despite the earlier song’s defiant howl of independence she does, in fact, want her ex back. ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ is about the fella returning tail between legs (“guess this means you take back what you said before, like how much you wanted anyone but me”) and a relationship starting up again and being quite jolly in spite of all the previous nonsense.
The chorus goes “we belong together now, forever united here somehow, you got a piece of me and honestly my life would suck without you”. Except it’s not just “my life would suck without you”, it’s “my life (MY LIFE!) would suck (WOULD SUCK!) without you”. “I know that I’ve got issues but you’re pretty messed up too” is another good line; we also like the middle eight bit with “being with you is so dysfunctional, I really shouldn’t miss you, but I can’t let you go”.
Pop Justice also reports, most surprisingly, that the song has NO BRIDGE, which is really odd for a pop song.
Here’s the structure of the song laid out, according to the report:
1. Long intro with ‘Since U Been Gone’ guitary noise.
2. Vocal joins guitary nose with drumbeat.
3. Song explodes into chorus.
4. Song pulls back into second verse.
6. Middle eight: everything drops out, ‘Since U Been Gone’ guitar noise starts up underneath vocal, drumbeats and Since U Been Gone guitar noise lead into big whooshing noise into…
7. Chorus which leads to hilarious 80s rolling synth drumfill thing (we don’t know what it is but you’ll know what we mean when you hear it) which leads to…
8. Final chorus, sudden end, guitar noise, ‘fin’.
There is no bridge. NO BRIDGE! Production is halfway between ‘Since U Been Gone’ and Pink’s ‘So What’, with some drum machines chucked in. The song is three minutes and thirty two seconds long – only two seconds away from the Optimum Pop Duration – and comes in at about 145bpm. This BPM means that nightclub rotation will inspire more in the way of hands in the air/pointing/shouting than proper dancing. The song is better than anything Kelly did before ‘Since U Been Gone’ and it’s also better than anything she’s done since ‘Since U Been Gone’, so it should keep people happy. It is a pop song.
Also, from the blog Chart Rigger (and thanks to the peeps who are finding this great stuff!).Ãƒâ€š Here’s the Crypt Keeper himself, Clive Davis, explaining his own brilliance to Bill Maher, while the “My Life Would Suck Without You” demo plays in the background. The song’s composer/producer Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald, is also part of the interview:
- Powered by Disqus
- Idol Headlines for 5/20/13
- Candice Glover “I Am Beautiful” – Live! With Kelly and Michael – VIDEO
- Cassadee Pope Confirms New Single, Debuts Another New Song (AUDIO+VIDEO)
- Kacey Musgraves – Merry Go Round – Billboard Music Awards (VIDEO)
- Miguel Injures Fan as he Misses a Jump at the Billboard Music Awards (VIDEO)
- Justin Bieber Booed? – Billboard Music Awards – (VIDEO)
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 – Performances (VIDEO)
- All-Star Celebrity Apprentice – Finale – Recap and Results (UPDATED)
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 – Winners List and Live Blog
- Billboard Music Awards Blue Carpet Live Stream
- Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio To Join X Factor (REPORT)
- Dancing With The Stars Finale Preview: Jessica Sanchez Performs
- Canadian Singer Botches the National Anthem (VIDEO)
- X Factor UK Headlines for 05/19/13
- Adam Lambert – Mad World – Chinese Idol (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/19/13
- Saturday Night 2013 Season Finale – Kanye West – VIDEO (UPDATED)
- Eurovision 2013: Grand Final
- Danny Gokey Announces Deal with BMG Records
- Idol Headlines for 5/18/2013
- Simon Cowell Twitter Riot: Will Announce X Factor Panel on Monday (Plus Other Random Topics)
- Eurovision 2013 – Ozzyd’s Power List
- Candice Glover Speaks to the Press (VIDEOS)
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – The Tonight Show (Video)
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing X Factor Deal (Report)