- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
As I said yesterday, Kelly Clarkson’s new album will NOT be called Masquerade as reported by the Wall Street Journal.Ãƒâ€š That’s according to Kelly’s publicist, I’m hearing. Her peeps wouldn’t spill the title, but the blog Pop Justice is reporting the title as All I Ever Wanted.
A few Katy Perry tunes are rumored to be on the album, including one called Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œLong ShotÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ .Ãƒâ€š Also, rumor has it that the Daughtry duet is on, and itÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢s called Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œTemporary.Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ Ãƒâ€š Check out the lyrics to the title track in comments HERE.
Pop Justice has also heard Kelly’s new single, “My Life Would Suck Without You” and files this report:
What’s it like? Well, you cannot escape the fact that the intro is so similar to ‘Since U Been Gone’ you will probably think you are indeed listening to ‘Since U Been Gone’. Lyrically the song does actually lend itself to thoughts of being a sort of ‘Since U Been Gone Part Two’ and one could, at a push, see it picking up that song’s story four years on with Kelly realising that despite the earlier song’s defiant howl of independence she does, in fact, want her ex back. ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ is about the fella returning tail between legs (“guess this means you take back what you said before, like how much you wanted anyone but me”) and a relationship starting up again and being quite jolly in spite of all the previous nonsense.
The chorus goes “we belong together now, forever united here somehow, you got a piece of me and honestly my life would suck without you”. Except it’s not just “my life would suck without you”, it’s “my life (MY LIFE!) would suck (WOULD SUCK!) without you”. “I know that I’ve got issues but you’re pretty messed up too” is another good line; we also like the middle eight bit with “being with you is so dysfunctional, I really shouldn’t miss you, but I can’t let you go”.
Pop Justice also reports, most surprisingly, that the song has NO BRIDGE, which is really odd for a pop song.
Here’s the structure of the song laid out, according to the report:
1. Long intro with ‘Since U Been Gone’ guitary noise.
2. Vocal joins guitary nose with drumbeat.
3. Song explodes into chorus.
4. Song pulls back into second verse.
6. Middle eight: everything drops out, ‘Since U Been Gone’ guitar noise starts up underneath vocal, drumbeats and Since U Been Gone guitar noise lead into big whooshing noise into…
7. Chorus which leads to hilarious 80s rolling synth drumfill thing (we don’t know what it is but you’ll know what we mean when you hear it) which leads to…
8. Final chorus, sudden end, guitar noise, ‘fin’.
There is no bridge. NO BRIDGE! Production is halfway between ‘Since U Been Gone’ and Pink’s ‘So What’, with some drum machines chucked in. The song is three minutes and thirty two seconds long – only two seconds away from the Optimum Pop Duration – and comes in at about 145bpm. This BPM means that nightclub rotation will inspire more in the way of hands in the air/pointing/shouting than proper dancing. The song is better than anything Kelly did before ‘Since U Been Gone’ and it’s also better than anything she’s done since ‘Since U Been Gone’, so it should keep people happy. It is a pop song.
Also, from the blog Chart Rigger (and thanks to the peeps who are finding this great stuff!).Ãƒâ€š Here’s the Crypt Keeper himself, Clive Davis, explaining his own brilliance to Bill Maher, while the “My Life Would Suck Without You” demo plays in the background. The song’s composer/producer Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald, is also part of the interview:
- Powered by Disqus
- American Idol 13 – Dexter Roberts On Moving To Nashville, Changing Up Songs
- The Voice: Gwen Stefani Tapped to Fill in For Christina Aguilera (Report)
- Kellie Pickler, First Lady Michelle Obama Guest Star on Nashville
- American Idol: Ryan Seacrest Set to Renew For Two More Years (Report)
- The Voice 6 – Top 12 Power Rankings and Song Suggestions
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Inches Up
- Idol Headlines for 4/18/14
- One Direction – “You & I” – Music Video
- Billboard – Chart Date 04/26/2014
- Jessica Meuse Reacts to the American Idol Judges: Maybe I Should Just be a Stripper or Pole Dancer
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Revealed, Dexter Roberts is Eliminated (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- American Idol 13: Keith Urban Has Picked His Top 3 (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13: Jena Irene is Demi Lovato’s Favorite Finalist (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13 Top 7 Results – Live Blog and Videos (UPDATED: POLLS)
- Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo’s Hot Walmart Soundcheck Duet “Vertigo” – VIDEO
- American Idol Celebrates Mustang’s 50th Anniversary, Plus Backstage Interviews (PHOTO) (Videos)
- American Idol 13 Top 7 – Predictions, Poll Results, iTunes Rankings
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol Continues to Drop
- Naya Rivera “Raged” to Glee Bosses – Lea Michele is Out of Control
- Idol Headlines for 4/17/14
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Theme Revealed – A Little Bit Country and a Little Bit Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 04/17/14
- American Idol XIII Top 7 – Take the Polls – Performance Photo Gallery
- American Idol 13 Top 7 – Jena Irene – Creep – Performance VIDEO
- American Idol XIII – Top 7 – Live Blog – Performance Videos