- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
As I said yesterday, Kelly Clarkson’s new album will NOT be called Masquerade as reported by the Wall Street Journal.Ãƒâ€š That’s according to Kelly’s publicist, I’m hearing. Her peeps wouldn’t spill the title, but the blog Pop Justice is reporting the title as All I Ever Wanted.
A few Katy Perry tunes are rumored to be on the album, including one called Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œLong ShotÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ .Ãƒâ€š Also, rumor has it that the Daughtry duet is on, and itÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢s called Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œTemporary.Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ Ãƒâ€š Check out the lyrics to the title track in comments HERE.
Pop Justice has also heard Kelly’s new single, “My Life Would Suck Without You” and files this report:
What’s it like? Well, you cannot escape the fact that the intro is so similar to ‘Since U Been Gone’ you will probably think you are indeed listening to ‘Since U Been Gone’. Lyrically the song does actually lend itself to thoughts of being a sort of ‘Since U Been Gone Part Two’ and one could, at a push, see it picking up that song’s story four years on with Kelly realising that despite the earlier song’s defiant howl of independence she does, in fact, want her ex back. ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ is about the fella returning tail between legs (“guess this means you take back what you said before, like how much you wanted anyone but me”) and a relationship starting up again and being quite jolly in spite of all the previous nonsense.
The chorus goes “we belong together now, forever united here somehow, you got a piece of me and honestly my life would suck without you”. Except it’s not just “my life would suck without you”, it’s “my life (MY LIFE!) would suck (WOULD SUCK!) without you”. “I know that I’ve got issues but you’re pretty messed up too” is another good line; we also like the middle eight bit with “being with you is so dysfunctional, I really shouldn’t miss you, but I can’t let you go”.
Pop Justice also reports, most surprisingly, that the song has NO BRIDGE, which is really odd for a pop song.
Here’s the structure of the song laid out, according to the report:
1. Long intro with ‘Since U Been Gone’ guitary noise.
2. Vocal joins guitary nose with drumbeat.
3. Song explodes into chorus.
4. Song pulls back into second verse.
6. Middle eight: everything drops out, ‘Since U Been Gone’ guitar noise starts up underneath vocal, drumbeats and Since U Been Gone guitar noise lead into big whooshing noise into…
7. Chorus which leads to hilarious 80s rolling synth drumfill thing (we don’t know what it is but you’ll know what we mean when you hear it) which leads to…
8. Final chorus, sudden end, guitar noise, ‘fin’.
There is no bridge. NO BRIDGE! Production is halfway between ‘Since U Been Gone’ and Pink’s ‘So What’, with some drum machines chucked in. The song is three minutes and thirty two seconds long – only two seconds away from the Optimum Pop Duration – and comes in at about 145bpm. This BPM means that nightclub rotation will inspire more in the way of hands in the air/pointing/shouting than proper dancing. The song is better than anything Kelly did before ‘Since U Been Gone’ and it’s also better than anything she’s done since ‘Since U Been Gone’, so it should keep people happy. It is a pop song.
Also, from the blog Chart Rigger (and thanks to the peeps who are finding this great stuff!).Ãƒâ€š Here’s the Crypt Keeper himself, Clive Davis, explaining his own brilliance to Bill Maher, while the “My Life Would Suck Without You” demo plays in the background. The song’s composer/producer Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald, is also part of the interview:
- Powered by Disqus
- Concert Schedule – 7/24/14 – Phillip Phillips, Bo Bice
- Grandfather of Ariana Grande Died – Frankie Learns of his Death, Will Stay in the Competition (DETAILS)
- SYTYCD11- Top 16 Perform, Two Go Home- Live Blog and Discussion
- Big Brother 16 Episode 13 – Recap and Discussion
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Judgement Week Part 2 – Live Blog and Top 48 Revealed!
- Janelle Arthur Set to Release Single “What You Asked For” (Cover Art)
- X Factor Alum Bea Miller Performs for Yahoo Music (VIDEO)
- The Voice 7: Alicia Keys Set as Adviser for Team Pharrell
- Constantine Maroulis Returns to Broadway’s Rock of Ages
- Idol Headlines for 7/23/14
- iHeartRadio Music Festival 2014 Lineup Announced
- Glee Star Naya Rivera Marries Ryan Dorsey (UPDATED)
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 07/20/14
- SYTYCD11- Top 16 Power List (and Polls!)
- Concert Schedule – 7/23/14 – Daughtry, Cassadee Pope
- America’s Got Talent 9, Judgement Week Part 1 – Live Blog and Discussion
- Americas Got Talent 9 – Top 10 Best Auditions (And More) (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 7/22/14
- One Direction’s “Where We Are” The Concert Film is Coming to a Cinema Near You
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : July 14-20
- Concert Schedule – 7/22/14 – Adam Lambert, Daughtry
- The Bachelorette – Season 10, Episode 10 – Live Blog & Discussion
- Fifth Harmony Debut New Song “We Know” (VIDEO)
- Big Brother 16 Live Feeds Spoilers (Week 4 Power of Veto)
- Chris Colfer Chats Grimm Warnings and Noel Coward (Hear his Accent!) (VIDEO)