ABC confirmed the network’s midseason schedule earlier this week, but something was missing! The Dancing with the Stars spring premiere date was left off the announcement. Finally we have a date. DWTS will return to TV on March 20 for its 24th season, according to a Glamour magazine interview with executive producers, Joe Sungkur, Deena Katz and Rob Wade.
Here’s what else we can expect from the upcoming season:
- Grumpy Len Goodman will return full time as judge! Bruno Tonlioni and Carrie Ann Inaba will also return to the panel. Julianne Hough is super busy with her upcoming wedding and Move Beyond Live tour, but there is a possibility she’ll be back.
- As far as the pro dancers are concerned, Derek Hough will NOT take part in season 24. He’ll be very busy with Move Beyond (Busier than Julianne). Mark Ballas is finishing his run with Broadway’s Jersey Boys this week and is interested in returning–still to be sorted out. Peta Murgatroyd and Maks Chmerkovskiy just ad a baby–their return is to be determined. Although, Maks has said in interviews he wants to be a househusband for a while.
- As far as casting is concerned, EP Dena Katz says, “We’re about half done. I feel like the state of the country right now is we’re really going [toward] what people love; we’re going to nostalgia, we’re going to Americana, we’re going to heroes. We’re kind of a feel-good place, when it feels like everyone’s a little unsure right now. So, we’re going to what we think people really enjoy.”
- The producers have reached out to both Hillary and Bill Clinton for this season. Hm.
- Current Bachelor Nick Viall just happened to drop in on the interview (WHAT A COINCIDENCE SNERK). Regarding appearing on the show he said, “I think anyone would be the luckiest person in the world to even be considered.” Consider that a maybe.
Read the full interview at Glamour.com. Come back on March 20th when Franky returns to live blog all the fun.