- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Tonight, I went to the concert in Charlotte, NC. Our seats were at a side angle but I went down to the side runway many times to take pictures and try to shake hands with the Idols. It was overall an entertaining concert. I was disappointed that I didn’t go earlier to greet the Idols but the concert was just as fun. I thought that first half was a bit boring but I knew it was building up to an even better second half!
More Recap After the JUMP…
Chikezie was a very good opening act for the show. He has a great voice in person and he was very comfortable on stage. I am not a big Chikezie fan so I wasn’t on my feet the whole time but he has a great voice and was overall, entertaining.
Ramiele. She just didn’t have it. Her voice sounded okay and her dancing was on point but you could hear a pin drop in that stadium. Her banter with the crowd was pretty forced and short. She was lost in the music and I couldn’t wait for Michael to come on next. Also, what was with her circus outfit?
Michael’s opening number was a crowd pleaser! I am a huge fan and I enjoyed running down to the runway and taking some good close up shots. He is very good looking in person. He had three great songs that I think he chose very wisely. The crowd was on their feet the entire time. I hope he does well with his album. I will definitely buy it!
Kristy Lee Cook wasn’t one of my favorites. Two out of her three songs I didn’t recognize. They were bland, ordinary country songs. She is very beautiful in person though. I did feel like there was a lot of unnecessary movement with her butt. At one point, I could almost see it when she was kneeling down on the floor! I think she got the least applause. But her voice sounded great. She has a perfect country voice. Her dancing wasn’t the best.
Carly Smithson really deserved to go farther. Even though at some parts, she sounded shrieky and shrill, her voice is one of the best in the bunch. I thought she chose her songs wisely, like Michael did. I loved the first song she did. But I wished there was a little more movement. She was a great performer on the other songs though. Since our seat were to such a side angle, I saw her below the stage watching Syesha perform later and she was very polite and waved to me. She seems very nice and her banter with the crowd was very natural.
Brooke White didn’t live up to my expectations. Her voice didn’t sound so great and she just hid behind her guitar the entire time. Her piano playing was awesome though. I liked “Let it Be” alright but the others were forgettable disasters. I couldn’t understand a word she was saying.
The group number was cute. I wished they had more duets and group numbers this year like they’ve had in previous Idol concerts but this was okay. I can’t remember much about this song.
During intermission, I was overall pleased with the concert so far. But I knew the best was yet to come.
Jason Castro’s voice was much better in person. I loved “Somewhere over the Rainbow”! He and Brooke both hid behind their instruments though. I would have liked if he had moved around a little more. I wasn’t crazy about “Crazy”. I didn’t like the version he did very much. Jason really needs to work on his banter in between songs. I couldn’t understand a word he said. It was all mumbled. He was overall pretty good though. I wasn’t disappointed.
I am not a Syesha fan. I have always thought she was full of herself. I couldn’t get over her revealing dress. I thought it was a little much for this concert. Her last song, “Listen” was a great vocal but I am not a fan of rhythm and blues music so I preferred Carly’s songs to Syesha’s. I was waiting for David A and wanted this set to be over already.
Finally, David A appeared. He has a great voice and a lot of stage presence but I wish he had some more exciting songs to sing. “Angels” seemed to go on forever. I loved how he added the Sean Kingston song back into “Stand by Me”. At one point, I saw his Dad (or at least I think I did) under the stage area with his signature busboy cap on. David got a lot of applause and I think he did very well tonight. But, I am not a huge fan of slow songs and I wanted to rock with David C.
David C stole the show. He doesn’t have an outstanding voice like David A or Carly but his stage presence is beyond all of them. I was extremely glad when he made his way to my section and he squeezed my hand. His songs were great and his voice didn’t seem tired. He went for all of the high notes and hit all of them. I think he will have a great career in rock and I will be the first one to buy his album. My favorite was probably “Hello” because I love the song.
The last group number was very nice. It was a great way to end the show, which I loved. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the signature “Mavid” dance at the end since I was on the other side of the stadium. Very cute idea though.
I prefer the set up of this concert compared to the set up last year. Last year, it was all scrambled up and I didn’t really like any of the contestants. This year, it showcased every one of them in an orderly manner. And, they had a great group of people. Except for maybe Ramiele who didn’t seem to belong on the same stage as the Davids. :) thanks for your time!!!!
I give the concert an A definitely!
- Powered by Disqus
- Naked and Afraid – Season 2, Episode 6 – Live Blog & Discussion
- The Amazing Race: All-Stars Episode 8 Discussion and Recap (UPDATED)
- X Factor UK Headlines for 04/20/14
- Idol Headlines for 4/20/14
- Caleb Johnson and Jena Irene Reenact Their “Prom-Posal” (VIDEO)
- X Factor UK – Jedward – New Song – Free Spirit (AUDIO)
- Idol Headlines for 4/19/14
- American Idol 13 – Dexter Roberts On Moving To Nashville, Changing Up Songs (UPDATED)
- The Voice: Gwen Stefani Tapped to Fill in For Christina Aguilera (Report)
- Kellie Pickler, First Lady Michelle Obama Guest Star on Nashville
- American Idol: Ryan Seacrest Set to Renew For Two More Years (Report)
- The Voice 6 – Top 12 Power Rankings and Song Suggestions
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Inches Up
- Idol Headlines for 4/18/14
- One Direction – “You & I” – Music Video
- Billboard – Chart Date 04/26/2014
- Jessica Meuse Reacts to the American Idol Judges: Maybe I Should Just be a Stripper or Pole Dancer
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Revealed, Dexter Roberts is Eliminated (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- American Idol 13: Keith Urban Has Picked His Top 3 (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13: Jena Irene is Demi Lovato’s Favorite Finalist (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13 Top 7 Results – Live Blog and Videos (UPDATED: POLLS)
- Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo’s Hot Walmart Soundcheck Duet “Vertigo” – VIDEO
- American Idol Celebrates Mustang’s 50th Anniversary, Plus Backstage Interviews (PHOTO) (Videos)
- American Idol 13 Top 7 – Predictions, Poll Results, iTunes Rankings
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol Continues to Drop