Here is your X Factor post for the Week 7 performance show.
The Top 6 sing the music of Wham! Excuse me while I….LULZ!!!!!!! The host said it was George Michaels, not just Wham! Though, I’m hoping Jedward does some Wham!
We are watching live HERE.
Recap and Videos after the JUMP…
- Lloyd Daniels – “Faith” – Lloyd always sings slightly underpitch. Very underwhelming. He sang first this week–maybe it’s finally his time to leave. – VIDEO
- Stacey Soloman – “I Can’t Make You Love Me” – This is totally cheating. I’m surprised Louis “rule book” Walsh didn’t call her out on it. I mean, this is a Bonnie Raitt song, period, despite the Michaels cover. A very safe choice. And yet, a very tentative and warbly vocal. – VIDEO
- John and Edward – “I’m Your Man” – Ha ha. I was so hoping they would cover Wham! and they didn’t disappoint. The boys’ vocals are wretched! Still, so entertaining. Love that they wore the vintage “Choose Life” shirts. Awesome. I’m rooting for them to make the Top 3. – VIDEO
- Danyl Johnson – “Careless Whisper” – A labored, clunky interpretation. The attempts at showboating didn’t really work. Keeping the vocal simple would have worked better. Danyl seems a little desparate. Eep, pitchy mcpitcherson on those high notes, fella! There was a dust-up between Danyl and Simon this week, and the result was Danyl getting his way on song choice… – VIDEO
- Olly Murs – “Fast Love” – The song started off shakey, but got better in the second half. The 80’s hit “Forget me Not” was mashed in there. The faster the tempo the better for Olly, mostly because it masks his vocal weaknesses. – VIDEO
- Joe McElderry – “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” – Zzzzz. I say the same thing every week about this kid. His vocals are pleasant enough, but he’s totally charimsa free. And he could win the whole thing. – VIDEO