- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
X Factor auditions in Oakland/San Francisco finished up yesterday, and I’ve got more audio recorded from the audience!
Simon Cowell was up to his usual tricksy self when he called Britney Spears and Demi Lovato catty after they refused to put through an attractive girl he and LA Reid found attractive. YAWN. (Via Celebuzz)
But the big dramatic moment of the 3 day auditions occurred on Sunday, Day 2. Don Philip, who sang “I Will Still Love You” with Brit on her 1999 album Baby One More Time reveled he was gay during his emotionally charged audition.
Crying when he took the stage, Britney’s old pal said, ”I never thought I would see you again.” before explaining who he was and how he knew her.
Via eyewitness at BreatheHeavy.com:
So then he talks about how he has been a backup singer and how he wasn’t himself when he last saw Britney and how the past 10 years have changed him blah blah blah
LA Reid asks him how he has changed or why he is different.
The dude comes out of the closet and says he is gay and the crowd claps.
He then says that he didn’t do it before because his parents thought it was bad to be gay and that Britney also thought that it wasn’t good for him to be gay.
I look at the little camera screen and I see a close up of Britney’s face like wtf?! and shes like “no no I didn’t say that”
and then LA Reid stops her and tells him that he has made her really uncomfortable and he needs to stop speaking, Simon follows up and basically says the same thing and tells him he needs to shut up.
The crowd tells him to sing a song, chanting. Finally he sings and he is horrible.
“I feel that you’ve been a lot through the past 10 years but I believe that you could’ve prepared better for your audition and practiced more on your vocals,” Britney told him gently.
After the experience, Don posted on his facebook (It’s since been deleted)
Tonight i might have sealed my music career fate according to a certain music mogul. I tryed to just be real and instead it totally got turned around on me. . Perhaps this was not the place for me to reveal my very soul and obstacles of my past. Certainly not the place for a reunion … I promise I only had good intentions in mind.. There is one problem my good intentioned comments and revelation were refereed by two pompass arrogant men. My voice froze i started to sing when I was told to but I could not recover from what felt like a really hardcore interogation. I guess I am not as tough skinned as I thought….Wait it gets worse.. when I looked into the very eyes of my old label mate and saw she to was sad.I knew the whole situation was spinning out of control.. my heart broke.. I am numb.
Here’s audio of Don’s audition. Simon was really tough on him–told him he wasn’t talented enough and that he was chasing the wrong dream.
The X Factor Judges discuss the talent in San Francisco
DRAMA. Simon loves it. Listen below.
- Powered by Disqus
- Golden Globe Awards 2014 Nominations List
- X Factor UK Season 10: Grand Final – Spoilers
- Glee Casts Skylar Astin To Play Rival Singer In Nationals Episode
- Survivor Blood Vs Water – Out On A Limb – Recap and Discussion
- Kelly Clarkson’s Cautionary Christmas Music Tale – VIDEO Performances
- X Factor 3 Final 4 – Take the Polls!
- ‘Nashville’ – Season 2, Midseason Finale, Episode 10 – Recap & Discussion Post!
- The Sing-Off 4 – Top 9 – Party Anthems! – Recap, Results, Videos
- The X-Factor: The Final Four Showdown- Live Blog and Discussion
- The X-Factor Final Four Song Spoilers
- Simon Cowell Confirms X Factor 4 Could Be Cut to One Night
- Jordin Sparks Blames Her Record Label, Expresses Frustration, for Album Delay (VIDEO)
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Dips, ACAs Stay Steady
- Pentatonix – “Hey Momma/Hit The Road Jack” – Conan – VIDEO
- So You Think You Can Dance Stars tWitch and Allison Holker Are Married
- Idol Headlines for 12/11/13
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 12/08/13
- SAG Awards 2014 Nominations List
- Scotty McCreery Wins Breakthrough Artist Award – American Country Awards 2013 (VIDEO)
- Danielle Bradbery – “My Day” – Sochi 2014 Winter Games 60s Promo – VIDEO
- The Voice 5 – Top 5 Semi Final Results Live Blog and VIDEOS
- 4th Annual American Country Awards Discussion Post
- The Biggest Loser – “Back to Work” – Recap and Discussion
- Idol Headlines for 12/10/13 – The Evening Edition
- Britney Spears Unveils “Perfume” Music Video