Last week we had the brutal elimination that cost us Jennel Garcia and Lyric145. This week, we had the “not-so-brutal but hard to watch” eliminations of Arin Ray and Beatrice Miller. Beatrice, especially, looked like she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I kind of agree with the decision to send her home, rather than yo-yo her in and out of the bottom 2 each week. They ripped the band-aid off, so to speak. Although, her rendition of White Flag was FAR superior to CeCe Frey’s cover of Because Of You. Anyway, the list below:
8) Paige Thomas- If there’s a double elimination next week, Paige will partake in it somehow. She got a minor bump from having been in the bottom, which this week will go to CeCe (keeping her from the 8th place spot). If there are two eliminations next week, it’s entirely possible that Demi will lose both of her singers.
7) CeCe Frey- A small bump expected for her bottom finish, but having appeared twice now in the sing-off doesn’t bode well for CeCe, who many internet pundits believe is surviving her eliminations simply because she poses no threat at actually winning this competition. Jennel could have bounced back and knocked out a stronger act, as could have Beatrice. But CeCe will perpetually be in danger. Using her to kill off stronger acts is a power move by LA, Simon, and Britney. It’s actually entirely possible she would survive a third elimination just because of this, but it’s not likely.
6) Fifth Harmony- They dipped a bit this week, which is odd, because they’re actually starting to sing as a group. Maybe America prefers the 5 soloists group instead off the 5 singers as a group style of singing. Whatever it is, Fifth Harmony has to find a way to get back in this game, fast, because there’s likely one more double elimination coming down the pike.
5) Diamond White- Yeah, she sounded pretty fantastic last week. However, she’s going to run out of steam when she finally gets another up-tempo choice (ala Forget You), and that could put her in danger of elimination. America seems to like her doing power ballads, which is odd because she’s not Melanie Amaro.
4) Vino Alan- I’ve really moved this dude up in my rankings because it seems like he can do no wrong. However, I think there’s a push for Emblem3, which seems to be closing in closer and closer on Vino’s 3rd place spot. Personally, I thought that was the most aggressive performance of Proud To Be An American that I’d ever seen.
3) Emblem3- They started in 6th place, moved to 4th place, and then came within half a percent of knocking Vino out of the 3rd place spot. Their fanbase seems to be super aggressive, and pushing harder each week. I expect them to finally overtake Vino this week, and become the 3rd place act. If their fanbase can continue the aggression, who knows where they might finally end up (assuming there are 3 acts in the finale this year).
2) Carly Rose- Considering not even Mario Lopez knows what her last name is, I really hope she just drops it. Anyway, this fight is between Tate and Carly, and right now his frauen are rallying to launch him back into first place next week. Carly’s not down for the count just yet, but her taking Tate’s 1st place spot away from him this early may cause his fanbase to vote even harder for him in the coming weeks.
1) Tate Stevens- Proving that age is no longer a factor in the WGWG category. We haven’t seen him play guitar live on the show yet, but he’s been shown in his packages with guitars, so we can assume that he’ll whip that out at just the right moment so that he can lock in the white guy with guitar vote and win this whole thing. That being said, I do believe he has a huge career ahead of him in country music. He’s extremely likable, and he’s authentic country. He even struggled through Fix You this week because it was so out of his element. I think we’re looking at the winner here. The only thing standing in his way is the potentially rabid fanbase movement behind Simon’s Emblem3, and the fact that Simon would love to launch another One Direction type band in America. He might manipulate a bit to position them just right. Stranger things have happened.
What are your thoughts? Sound off in the comments below. Did you vote? Who for?
Latest posts by SirMac (see all)
- Scorpion- Episode 2- Recap - 09/30/2014
- Scorpion Recap- Episode 1 - 09/22/2014
- X-Factor USA Contestant Simone Battle Dies of an Apparent Suicide - 09/06/2014