- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Those of you following X Factor 3 spoilers are aware that Boot Camp and Judges Houses rounds were done away with this season, replaced with a four-part round that had a Top 40 performing for the judges in front of a live audience.
Contestants were sent to Boot Camp, only to be called to the stage after a long wait to be told whether they made the final cut or not. Nobody had the opportunity to sing! Simon told Ryan Seacrest yesterday that the new format was taken from a Dutch version of the show.
The new format is explained below, and sounds similar to what American Idol did with their middle rounds last season, only with a cruel twist added to the mix.
The FOX press release below also outlines the schedule through to the live shows.
FOX PRESS RELEASE
“THE X FACTOR” GOES FROM CONCERT TO COLISEUM IN THE EXCITING ALL-NEW FOUR CHAIR CHALLENGE ROUND WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2 THROUGH THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10, ON FOX
TOP 40 ACTS REVEALED THIS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
Top 16 Acts Revealed Thursday, October 10
First LIVE Show Airs Tuesday, October 29
When THE X FACTOR’s nationwide auditions come to a close tonight (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Thursday, Sept. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), the judges – Simon Cowell, Demi Lovato, Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio – must choose the Top 40 acts. After deliberations in Los Angeles, only 10 acts from each category – Boys, Girls, Over 25s and Groups – will be selected to move forward in the competition, and the category assignments will be revealed to the judges.
Starting on Wednesday, Oct. 2 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), THE X FACTOR enters unchartered territory with an all-new ultimate showdown – The Four Chair Challenge. As the Top 40 acts perform in front of a passionate and vocal audience of thousands, each judge must choose just four acts that they will take with them into the live shows. The tension escalates as the judges make their toughest cuts – and the crowd fights back!
“This is a brand new section of the show and we had no idea what to expect when we filmed it,” said judge Simon Cowell, “but it became obvious very quickly that it really raises the stakes – for the contestants, for the judges – and especially for the audience. It’s a cross between Musical Chairs…and a Roman Coliseum. At one point, the audience totally disagreed with the judges and was so out of control we actually had to stop filming. What happened next was extraordinary. It’s like nothing you’ve ever seen before.”
In the Four Chair Challenge, contestants who impress the judges will be given a chair on the new “X”-shaped stage, and the others will be sent home. But just because they get a chair, it doesn’t mean they are safe. Each judge has the choice to replace one of his/her already seated acts with a new act, or send that act straight home, upping the emotion and drama to new heights.
Taped in front of a live audience at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, the Four Chair Challenge round continues Thursday, Oct. 3 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Wednesday, Oct. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), concluding Thursday, Oct. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), when only the Top 16 acts will remain. Then, on the season’s first LIVE show, airing on a special night, Tuesday, Oct. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the Top 16 will perform. Additional details, including the rollout of the live shows, to be announced.
Track the progress of each act in the competition at www.thexfactorusa.com/contestants.
(All THE X FACTOR episodes begin at 8:00 PM ET/PT unless otherwise noted)
Thursday, Sept. 26 Judges’ Deliberations – Top 40 Revealed
Wednesday, Oct. 2 Four Chair Challenge, Part 1
Thursday, Oct. 3 Four Chair Challenge, Part 2
Wednesday, Oct. 9 Four Chair Challenge, Part 3
Thursday, Oct. 10 Four Chair Challenge, Part 4
Tuesday, Oct. 29 FIRST LIVE SHOW – Top 16 Acts Perform
“The X Factor” format has created more global superstars, including One Direction, Leona Lewis, Little Mix, Cher Lloyd and Olly Murs, than any other singing competition television show. THE X FACTOR is now aired in 205 countries, and local versions of “The X Factor” are now commissioned in 45 territories.
THE X FACTOR was created by Syco Entertainment and is produced by Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia North America. Rob Wade and Nigel Hall are executive producers for Syco Television. Trish Kinane, Richard Holloway and Andrew Llinares serve as executive producers for FremantleMedia North America. “Like” THE X FACTOR on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TheXFactorUSA. Follow the series on Twitter @TheXFactorUSA and join the discussion using #xfactor. Download The Xtra Factor App at www.TheXFactorUSA.com/mobileapps.
- Powered by Disqus
- CBS Summer 2014 Schedule: Big Brother Returns June 25
- Glee Season 5 Songs – Listen to ALL the Music from “City of Angels” Feat Skylar Astin
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Drops, The Bachelor Rises for Finale
- Cheryl Cole Confirms Return to X Factor UK! (Official Statement + Press Conference)
- Idol Headlines for 3/11/14
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : Mar 3-9
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 6 — Episode 3 – Recap, Video
- Andi Dorfman Is the New Bachelorette (VIDEO)
- The Bachelor — Season 18 Finale — Live Blog and Discussion
- The Voice 6 – Blind Auditions #5 – Live Blog – VIDEOS (UPDATED WITH POLL)
- Justin Bieber Deposition Clips Reveal an Arrogant and Awful Person (VIDEO)
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 18 – Promotional Cast Photos
- Daughtry and Goo Goo Dolls Announce Summer Tour – See the Schedule
- Lee DeWyze New Song “Blackbird Song” Featured on The Walking Dead (VIDEO) (AUDIO)
- Idol Headlines for 3/10/14
- Carrie Underwood Sings Live With Thousand Foot Krutch, Set To Guest On Upcoming Miranda Lambert Album!
- Monday Morning Mediabase Update: Mar 2-8
- Is Naya Rivera Leaving Glee? The Evidence Says Yes
- The Amazing Race: All Stars Episode 3 Recap (UPDATED)
- X Factor UK Headlines for 03/09/14
- Idol Headlines for 3/9/14
- Lena Dunham Skits – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- The National – Graceless – I Need My Girl – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- Kellie Pickler – Closer to Nowhere – Grand Ole Opry (VIDEO)
- Adam Lambert and Queen Tour Promo (VIDEO)