- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Magdaleno Olmos filed his suit in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging wrongful termination and violation of the state’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. He is asking for unspecified compensatory and punitive damages.
Along with American Idol Productions Inc. and former contestant Mario Vasquez, named defendants are Fremantle Media North America Inc., Fox Entertainment Group Inc. and Fox Broadcasting Co., all listed in the lawsuit as co-owners of the popular show.
The lawsuit alleges that Vasquez withdrew from the show after Olmos came forward with his complaints and discussed them with executives and attorneys for American Idol Productions and the other defendants.
Olmos claims the sexual harassment began in February 2005.
On one occasion, Vasquez followed Olmos into a restroom at CBS Studios, where “American Idol” is taped, and knocked on the door of a stall Olmos had entered, according to his lawsuit.
When Olmos opened the door, Vasquez, who had lowered his pants, pushed him further into the stall, touched him in a sexual way and tried to unzip his pants while asking “if he wanted oral sex,” according to the lawsuit.
Olmos claims he was able to get out of the restroom, though Vasquez grabbed his arm to try to stop him from leaving.
Olmos chose the restroom over one that was closer to the “American Idol’ stage because he wanted to avoid running into the show’s participants, according to his lawsuit.
Due to Vasquez’s celebrity status, Olmos “was afraid to defend himself physically against Vasquez’s sexual harassment and battery for fear of losing his job,” the lawsuit states.
When Olmos complained to a supervisor, the latter questioned whether he initiated the incident, according to his court papers. He also claims the supervisor told him nothing could be done and that he would probably be fired for reporting the alleged harassment.
EEP.Ãƒâ€š I have no comment, really, except that I always found the vague reasons Mario gave for leaving at the time–that he had personal matters he needed to address–a little odd.Ãƒâ€š Later, he confessed that he just did not want to sign the Top 12 contract.
More grist for the Idol scandal mill, to be sure.Ãƒâ€š Stay tuned.
- Powered by Disqus
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Dips, SYTYCD Falls
- The Voice Tony Lucca Debuts Never Gonna Let You Go Music Video
- Nashville Music Producer T Bone Burnett Not Returning to The Show
- Idol Headlines for 6/19/13
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 06/16/13
- The Voice 4 Finale! Results, Recap, Videos
- America’s Got Talent – Season 8 Auditions, Week 3 – Live Blog and Discussion
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Top 20 Reveal- Live Blog and Discussion
- Kelly Clarkson Confirms via Twitter She WON’T Be Joining American Idol
- Fifth Harmony Unveil “Miss Movin On” Lyric Video
- The Voice 4 – Finale – Top 3 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- FIRST LISTEN: Kelly Clarkson’s New Country Single “Tie It Up” (STUDIO VERSION)!
- Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts Sings “Someone Somewhere Tonight” on The View (VIDEO) (UPDATED)
- Official Video: Kree Harrison’s Grand Ole Opry Debut, Duet With Keith Urban (Bonus Carrie Underwood Video)
- Monday Ratings: The Voice and The Winner Is… Ticks Up
- Ne-Yo and Cher Lloyd – It’s All Good – Song Premiere (AUDIO)
- Jessica Sanchez and PS22 Chorus Perform “Clarity” Trevor Live NYC (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 6/18/13
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : June 10-16
- The Winner Is… Episode Two (VIDEO)
- The Voice 4 – Final Performance Top 3 – Take the Polls!
- The Bachelorette – Week 4 – Live Blog & Discussion (UPDATED)
- The Voice 4 – Final Performance Top 3 – Recap and Videos
- The Voice 4 Finale Top 3 Song Spoilers (UPDATED)
- Kris Allen Thanks His Fans for Voting With A Song (VIDEO)