- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
A tapper made it to the finale, yo. This is big. He wasn’t even supposed to be here. Aaron is defying the odds, and I love it!
They have five chances to dance tonight. A group number, with each of their competitors, and once with an All-Star in a style of their choosing. That would explain the two hip-hop dancers.
Nigel and Mary, joined by Paula and Gabby Douglas (Olympic Gymnast).
1) Aaron and Amy- Jazz- Choreographed by Ray- Primitive by Richard Vission
Amy’s outfit. Wow. One of the better jazz routines of the season, and a good way to start the show. Amy was super aggressive and sexy this time out, something she has struggled with all season. Cute Amy was gone in this number. Aaron was solid, as usual, but I think Amy stole this number for having a “serious” breakthrough. Nigel liked it, and compliments the costumers. Mary calls it animalistic, and says it was high energy and they made it look like nothing. Gabby thought it had spunk and attitude. Paula says it was a nice departure from what Aaron and Amy dance usual every week. Paula calls Aaron a generous partner.
2) Jasmine and Fik-Shun- Contemporary- Choreographed by Travis Wall- Spiegel Im Spiegel
Travis talks about Fik-Shun needing to come up to Jasmine’s level. Jasmine is much taller than Fik-Shun, which makes for an ineresting struggle for them. Fortunately, this is a gorgeous piece, set to beautiful music. Lovely, and not overdone. The story doesn’t bog down the choreography. Beautiful. Simple. Standing O from Mary. Great job from both Fik-Shun and Jasmine, but really… Jasmine was beautiful in that. The fans blowing on her, her dress… she’s never been more stunning. Mary calls Travis brilliant. Mary thought they looked beautiful together, and compliments Jasmine’s arabesque. Mary thought Fik-Shun surprised her. Gabby says Jasmine’s lines were phenomenal. Paula tells Jasmine she’s been exquisite the entire season. Paula tells Fik-Shun that she’s proud of his journey, all the way from Live To Dance to now. Nigel agrees about Jasmine’s lines. Nigel agrees that Fik-Shun’s journey has been outstanding.
3) Aaron and Melinda Sullivan- Tap- Choreographed by Anthony- When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars
Dancing to this song should be interesting. It doesn’t call for frenetic tapping. Really solid piece. I don’t know why we don’t have tap in the rotation. Standing O from all 4 judges. Gabby loves tap. She’s in awe. Paula cheers on the tap routine. Paula thought Melinda was beautiful and complimented Anthony’s choreography. Nigel loves that people love tap. Nigel welcomes Melinda back. Nigel thanks Aaron for being the first tapper to make the finale. Mary loved it. Mary thought it was spectacular and calls it music to her ears.
4) Jasmine and Comfort- Hip Hop- Choreographed by NappyTabs- Run The World by Beyonce
Bicycles are involved. Awesome. I think it was smart for Jasmine to do a hip hop routine, as it shows her versatility. She’s almost got the swag that Comfort has, but Comfort is just used to hitting harder than Jasmine. Honestly, I don’t care. That was a super fun routine. I enjoyed every minute of that. Cat wants to join their gang. The crowd doesn’t stop cheering. Paula tells Jasmine there isn’t anything she can do… except baton twirling? Nigel thinks it’s amazing how Comfort continues to grow. Nigel didn’t understand why Jasmine didn’t choose her style, but after seeing this dance, he understands. Nigel says Jasmine is IN IT TO WIN IT. Nigel keeps bringing up Gabby being an olympian. Enough. We get it. She’s on the panel. Mary compliments Comfort for never breaking character, even when the routine is over. Mary calls Jasmine a badass. Gabby says “girl, you better work” and that Jasmine should get a call from Beyonce.
5) Amy and Fik-Shun- Argentine Tango- Choreographed by Miriam and Leonardo-Hazardous by PP Music
I’m reminded of when Cole did this last year, and was brilliant. I hope Fik-Shun can pull it off. I’m not sure I love Fik-Shun in this, but his partnering is solid. He’s able to lift Amy all over the place, so kudos on that. Not my favorite of the night, but it was OK. I kinda blame the choreography. Nigel thought this was Fik-Shun’s toughest challenge. He didn’t think it was strong enough from Fik-Shun. He did think Amy was strong though. Mary loved the choreography. Mary thinks Amy is mindblowing. Gabby loved it and loved the chemistry. Paula thinks Fik-Shun handled Amy well, and tells Amy its hard to comment on perfection.
We get a package about what the journey meant to Jasmine. We see a reminder about how Cyrus broke up with her when he made the competition. Jasmine turned down a touring gig with Ciara for the show.
Solo: Jasmine- Ready for Love- by India Arie
Beautiful. Nigel says that Cat fought for Jasmine to make the top 20. Wow. Didn’t know that. Mary admits that she wasn’t sure about Jasmine at first, and thinks a star has emerged with Jasmine.
To vote For Jasmine- Call 1-855-GO HER 01 or text JASMINE to 83676 or vote online
6) Jasmine and Aaron- Samba- Choreographed by Dmitry Chaplin-Can’t Touch It by Ricki Lee
These two have personality for days. They also dance well together. Probably one of the best partnerships in SYTYCD history. Really fun routine. I loved it. Much better ballroom routine than the last one. Mary thought there was great choreography, but didn’t think it was danced well. Mary hits Aaron on technique. Mary thought Jasmine was better, but still had some issues. Gabby loved it, but agrees with Mary? Paula says they are one of her favorite couples of all time. Nigel wanted more from them, and didn’t feel that the chemistry was there. He thought they looked uncomfortable.
Fik-Shun’s solo- Gangnam Style
That was super fun. Nigel says he’s the best performer. Mary says Fik-Shun makes her happy. Gabby says he rocks her socks. Paula babbled.
To vote For Fik-Shun- Call 1-855-GO HIM 01 or text FIK-SHUN to 83676 or vote online
Amy says dancing with Travis Wall was one of the greatest experiences of her life.
Amy’s Solo- Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
Nothing more jarring than the end of that song being interrupted by SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE. Gabby thinks Amy is incredible. Paula calls Amy an angel. Nigel says everyone has incredible stamina tonight.
To vote For Amy- Call 1-855-GO HER 02 or text AMY to 83676 or vote online
7) Fik-Shun and Twitch- Hip Hop- Choreographed by Luther- Hello Good Morning by Diddy-Dirty Money
Fik-Shun said dancing with Twitch would make his life awesome. It’s almost like Twitch is passing the torch. The age difference here is evident. These two are great together, and when the music picks up, and they ditch the jackets, we get some crazy swag thrown in. Gabby tells Fik-Shun amazes her. Paula thought it was fantastic, and wants to dance with Nigel. Nigel calls it Twitch and Twitch Jr. Mary loved it.
Aaron’s Solo- You and I Both by Jason Mraz
More tapping! Yay! I like Fik-Shun, but Aaron’s my favorite. I think he just brings so much personality into everything. I don’t know how he didn’t make the top 20 (I mean… BluPrint? Jade?) Gabby loves his drive. Paula says she adores Aaron. Emilio has joined another Step Up sequel. Mary loved every second.
To vote For Aaron- Call 1-855-GO HIM 02 or text AARON to 83676 or vote online
8) Amy and Robert- Contemporary- Choreographed by Stacey Tookey- Say Something by A Great Big World
A story about courage and bad timing. Pretty incredible. Robert holding her with one arm like that? Dude. Strength. Seriously. Standing O from all 4 judges. Paula says it was her favorite routine of the night. Paula says Amy steals her heart. Nigel jokes about the unhappy ending. Nigel calls it intoxicating. He says it is also his favorite routine, and he thinks Amy took the lead. Mary loved it. She thinks Amy gives every part of herself. Gabby says it was one of her favorites.
9) Aaron and Fik-Shun- Broadway- Choreographed by Tyce Diorio- The Jitters by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Two strong showmen in a broadway routine. This should be good. Aaron should definitely get cast on Broadway… like… tomorrow. There’s a giant treadmill thing on stage, which provides for extra fun. I think Fik-Shun is fun, but Aaron is out performing him. He just fits the style easier. Nigel thought it was fun. He gives them both a final commendation. Mary says it was the cutest thing ever. Paula says the “two top showmen of the season”. Paula apparently gave Tyce his first big break. Tyce was a dancer for Paula’s tour WAAAAAY back in the day.
10) Amy and Jasmine- Jazz- Choreographed by Mark Kanemura (YES!)
They are siamese twins from Saturn. LOL. I love Mark. What crazy costuming. Mark’s dances are fabulous. He should be the only jazz choreographer (maybe Sonia). That was crazy. Just insane. Mary says that was crazy, creative, and quirky. She loved it. Gabby says it was a great way to end the show. Paula feels like she’s home. She loved it. Nigel thought it was fun, but he can’t tell who is the best or the favorite. Nigel has no idea who he thinks is going to win. A belated standing O.
Voting is open! Who will you vote for? One guy and one girl will win. Join me next week. GO VOTE!
- Powered by Disqus
- Glee Casts Skylar Astin To Play Rival Singer In Nationals Episode
- Survivor Blood Vs Water – Out On A Limb – Recap and Discussion
- Kelly Clarkson’s Cautionary Christmas Music Tale – VIDEO Performances
- X Factor 3 Final 4 – Take the Polls!
- ‘Nashville’ – Season 2, Midseason Finale, Episode 10 – Recap & Discussion Post!
- The Sing-Off 4 – Top 9 – Party Anthems! – Recap, Results, Videos
- The X-Factor: The Final Four Showdown- Live Blog and Discussion
- The X-Factor Final Four Song Spoilers
- Simon Cowell Confirms X Factor 4 Could Be Cut to One Night
- Jordin Sparks Blames Her Record Label, Expresses Frustration, for Album Delay (VIDEO)
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Dips, ACAs Stay Steady
- Pentatonix – “Hey Momma/Hit The Road Jack” – Conan – VIDEO
- So You Think You Can Dance Stars tWitch and Allison Holker Are Married
- Idol Headlines for 12/11/13
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 12/08/13
- SAG Awards 2014 Nominations List
- Scotty McCreery Wins Breakthrough Artist Award – American Country Awards 2013 (VIDEO)
- Danielle Bradbery – “My Day” – Sochi 2014 Winter Games 60s Promo – VIDEO
- The Voice 5 – Top 5 Semi Final Results Live Blog and VIDEOS
- 4th Annual American Country Awards Discussion Post
- The Biggest Loser – “Back to Work” – Recap and Discussion
- Idol Headlines for 12/10/13 – The Evening Edition
- Britney Spears Unveils “Perfume” Music Video
- Demi Lovato Would Smuggle Cocaine on Airplanes (VIDEO)
- Danielle Bradbery’s “My Day” to be Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics Theme (AUDIO)