- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
As the summer winds down and Big Brother gets ready to end another season (even a really bad season with a horrible cast) it just means that it is time for the return of the Gold Standard in reality competition shows, Survivor.
I have been recapping the show for a few seasons now here and I’ve watched since the beginning and this is the first season since the beginning that I have no clue if I will actually enjoy the season. It’s not like I would ever give up on the show (After 26 seasons why quit now) but I have my doubts on how well the Loved One twist will work.
Considering the last really bad season of Survivor was the last one not to feature returning players (One World) I can understand the desire to just go with half returning players again. I just have doubts on how much drama the twist will actually create.
Now if a loved one actually steps up and “eliminates” themselves at the beginning to protect their other half then I will be instantly all in on the season. I just don’t really see it happening (Ok maybe Rupert would walk the plank for his wife but that’s it). Without moments of sacrifice like that the twist could be dull especially pre-merge.
I am expecting some solid action after the merge especially when loved ones get back together and actually have the option of teaming up. How could these relationships be tested when you need to make alliances before the merge. Will they cut their ties to work with a loved one? Will they stay faithful to a pre-merge alliance and leave a loved one to fight their own battles? Will be get the joining of multiple alliances that are at the bottom of pre-merge tribes. So many possibilities that excite me.
I am also in favor of the return of Exile Island. I have always been a fan of the concept. I understand it that it lessens the blow of being blindsided but it also gives people a chance at revenge which can always add good drama. Even with some of my doubts they can easily be erased by good TV and I am definitely looking forward to September the 18th.
I will end with my pre-season pick for the winner like I do each season. I didn’t get to pick a winner for Philippines but if I had recapped from the beginning I would have picked Malcolm who finished fourth that season. Last season I actually picked Cochran to win it all and if you don’t believe me you can check my Precap post from last season posted right here at MJ’s Big Blog.
I like Tyson but I think he will out think himself again and I think people will doubt whether they should just him or not. I don’t see Hayden Moss being able to win Survivor like he won Big Brother so he’s out. I think Aras can win if he makes the merge but I see him getting dumped just before.I don’t think anyone will trust Colton.
I’m actually gonna go under the radar and go for Ciera Eastin who is the daughter of Suvivor Samoa’s Laura Morett. As long as she doesn’t annoy anyone the wrong way early on I think she can grab on to a strong alliance and skate to the merge. Once the merge hit I just have a feeling she would do what was needed to benefit her game even if it means voting out her own mother. She’s the only Loved One that I really get that feeling from. That’s my pick and I am sticking to it. But what do you all think. Check the polls below and as always you can comment and discuss below. I will be here after the episode on the 18th with my recap.
- Powered by Disqus
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Season Six: Meet the Queens (VIDEO)
- Glee’s Lea Michele Talks Life After Cory Monteith, Performs “CannonBall” VIDEO
- Wednesday Ratings: The Sing-Off Dives, X Factor Stays Even
- Kelly Clarkson Set to Guest Star on ‘Nashville’ (UPDATED with VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 12/12/13
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 12/12/13
- Golden Globe Awards 2014 Nominations List
- X Factor UK Season 10: Grand Final – Spoilers
- Glee Casts Skylar Astin To Play Rival Singer In Nationals Episode
- Survivor Blood Vs Water – Out On A Limb – Recap and Discussion
- Kelly Clarkson’s Cautionary Christmas Music Tale – VIDEO Performances
- X Factor 3 Final 4 – Take the Polls!
- ‘Nashville’ – Season 2, Midseason Finale, Episode 10 – Recap & Discussion Post!
- The Sing-Off 4 – Top 9 – Party Anthems! – Recap, Results, Videos
- The X-Factor: The Final Four Showdown- Live Blog and Discussion
- The X-Factor Final Four Song Spoilers
- Simon Cowell Confirms X Factor 4 Could Be Cut to One Night
- Jordin Sparks Blames Her Record Label, Expresses Frustration, for Album Delay (VIDEO)
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Dips, ACAs Stay Steady
- Pentatonix – “Hey Momma/Hit The Road Jack” – Conan – VIDEO
- So You Think You Can Dance Stars tWitch and Allison Holker Are Married
- Idol Headlines for 12/11/13
- Idol Sales News – Week Ending 12/08/13
- SAG Awards 2014 Nominations List
- Scotty McCreery Wins Breakthrough Artist Award – American Country Awards 2013 (VIDEO)