- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Good Folks and Welcome. Since I will no longer be recapping any shows MJ has allowed me to post my thoughts and theories on what happens on the shows each week so I would like to thank her for this.
I would also like to think Montavilla and Steven for taking over the recapping duties for Survivor and The Amazing Race. I felt really bad for needing to step away from the duties but I am really glad to capable people stepped up to help.
My for some thoughts on the shows.
Lets start with last Sunday’s Amazing Race. It sucked seeing the Best Friends heading home. I enjoyed them playing the game but that singing competition was a killer for most people and after the dancing challenge I figured something like that would be the thing that sent them packing.
The other big moment from the episode was Tim and Marie stealing Jason and Amy’s taxi. There are different reactions to this. It is definitely a dirty move but if I am being honest it is also a brilliant move in a game for a million dollars. The taxi driver really shouldn’t have removed the bags from the car for anyone but the team that asked him to wait for them so I cannot fault Marie (because it was obviously her decision since Tim just follows her lead) for taking the easy opportunity to ensure they move on.
Speaking of Jason and Amy how lucky were they that the roadblock was the singing task and everyone had trouble with it. Being declined at the Fast Forward could have killed there race but lady luck was definitely on their side during that leg.
The doctors continue to be the team to beat with another leg win and they are still holding the Express Pass that can push them easily through an upcoming leg. Considering they really haven’t had any challenges thus far that has been difficult for them it could go the distance holding the Express Pass.
Now for Survivor. There wasn’t a lot of action over all in this week’s episode but the ending leaves so may directions the season can go.
For anyone reading that may be lucky enough to play Survivor in the future if you are talking to an alliance mate make sure that you do not tell them that they are in the fifth spot. It will do nothing to help your game.
I was shocked when Tina actually said that to Monica. Tina is usually a smart player so I have to think that she was just over tired when she said this to Monica but props to Monica for knowing that she needed to be open to flipping if the chance arose.
With the merge happening it was exciting to see that there really wasn’t an alliance set in stone. Sure Aras thought that there was one but clearly he was wrong since he is at Redemption Island now.
The best thing about seeing Aras being blindsided is the way the faces drop. I love when cocky smiles disappear when people realize they have been duped.
I really expected Gervase to chicken out and vote with Aras to send Laura M back to Redemption but he made his big move in the game. It was a brilliant move for Tyson since Aras was never going to bring Tyson to the end over Vytas, Tina, or Gervase but I am not so sure it was a good move for Gervase. I do think Aras would have brought him to the Final Three because Aras would have felt that he would beat him in the end but I am not sure what Tyson’s real plan for a Final Three is.
And speaking of Tyson, he has jumped himself to the front of the pack with the Aras vote along with the clue to the Immunity Idol. If he can actually keep himself from sharing the fact that he has it then it is a great tool for him. Especially with the ceremonial burning of the clue each week. From what I can see no one else is evening trying to find the clue so it will be a total shock when he uses it. If I was doing a Power Rankings he would be ranked number 1 right now. He’s channeling Boston Rob on the Redemption Island season at this point and if he can control and handle the various relationships he has going forward then the season could be his to win.
Finally an update on my pick to win the season: Ciera. She’s actually in a good place right now since I think Vytas/Tina/Katie will be the next three targets but I think she actually gets hurt with her mother returning to the game. She was right to be worried. Laura M tends to try to over strategize which is what got her in trouble the first time. Also once the main targets are gone she would be a target simply for having a Loved One left in the game. If she was smart she would be working Hayden and Caleb on a final four alliance with her mother at this moment. I look forward to what she does going forward because I think she can be a smart player if she continues to recognize the dangers around her and can keep her mother in check with the strategy.
I look forward to any comments on my thoughts or any counter theories on the seasons so far.
As a bonus here are all the Day After Videos for the last four eliminated players.
Survivor: Blood vs. Water – Brad The Day After
Survivor: Blood vs. Water – Kat The Next Day
Survivor: Blood vs. Water – John The Next Day
Survivor: Blood vs. Water – Laura B. The Day After
- Powered by Disqus
- Idol Headlines for 4/18/14
- One Direction – “You & I” – Music Video
- Billboard – Chart Date 04/26/2014
- Jessica Meuse Reacts to the American Idol Judges: Maybe I Should Just be a Stripper or Pole Dancer
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Revealed, Dexter Roberts is Eliminated (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- American Idol 13: Keith Urban Has Picked His Top 3 (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13: Jena Irene is Demi Lovato’s Favorite Finalist (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13 Top 7 Results – Live Blog and Videos (UPDATED: POLLS)
- Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo’s Hot Walmart Soundcheck Duet “Vertigo” – VIDEO
- American Idol Celebrates Mustang’s 50th Anniversary, Plus Backstage Interviews (PHOTO) (Videos)
- American Idol 13 Top 7 – Predictions, Poll Results, iTunes Rankings
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol Continues to Drop
- Naya Rivera “Raged” to Glee Bosses – Lea Michele is Out of Control
- Idol Headlines for 4/17/14
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Theme Revealed – A Little Bit Country and a Little Bit Rock ‘n’ Roll
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 04/17/14
- American Idol XIII Top 7 – Take the Polls – Performance Photo Gallery
- American Idol 13 Top 7 – Jena Irene – Creep – Performance VIDEO
- American Idol XIII – Top 7 – Live Blog – Performance Videos
- Survivor Cagayan: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty – Episode 8 – Recap and Discussion (UPDATED)
- The Voice 6 – Sisaundra Lewis – Ain’t No Way – Universal City Walk – VIDEO
- American Idol Live 2014 Tour Dates Announced
- American Idol XIII – Idol Chat with M&M – The Top 7
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice and Glee Stay Steady
- The Voice 6 Top 12 is Revealed! The Return of the Instasave, Double Elims (PHOTOS)