- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
Good Folks and Welcome. Since I will no longer be recapping any shows MJ has allowed me to post my thoughts and theories on what happens on the shows each week so I would like to thank her for this.
I would also like to think Montavilla and Steven for taking over the recapping duties for Survivor and The Amazing Race. I felt really bad for needing to step away from the duties but I am really glad to capable people stepped up to help.
My for some thoughts on the shows.
Lets start with last Sunday’s Amazing Race. It sucked seeing the Best Friends heading home. I enjoyed them playing the game but that singing competition was a killer for most people and after the dancing challenge I figured something like that would be the thing that sent them packing.
The other big moment from the episode was Tim and Marie stealing Jason and Amy’s taxi. There are different reactions to this. It is definitely a dirty move but if I am being honest it is also a brilliant move in a game for a million dollars. The taxi driver really shouldn’t have removed the bags from the car for anyone but the team that asked him to wait for them so I cannot fault Marie (because it was obviously her decision since Tim just follows her lead) for taking the easy opportunity to ensure they move on.
Speaking of Jason and Amy how lucky were they that the roadblock was the singing task and everyone had trouble with it. Being declined at the Fast Forward could have killed there race but lady luck was definitely on their side during that leg.
The doctors continue to be the team to beat with another leg win and they are still holding the Express Pass that can push them easily through an upcoming leg. Considering they really haven’t had any challenges thus far that has been difficult for them it could go the distance holding the Express Pass.
Now for Survivor. There wasn’t a lot of action over all in this week’s episode but the ending leaves so may directions the season can go.
For anyone reading that may be lucky enough to play Survivor in the future if you are talking to an alliance mate make sure that you do not tell them that they are in the fifth spot. It will do nothing to help your game.
I was shocked when Tina actually said that to Monica. Tina is usually a smart player so I have to think that she was just over tired when she said this to Monica but props to Monica for knowing that she needed to be open to flipping if the chance arose.
With the merge happening it was exciting to see that there really wasn’t an alliance set in stone. Sure Aras thought that there was one but clearly he was wrong since he is at Redemption Island now.
The best thing about seeing Aras being blindsided is the way the faces drop. I love when cocky smiles disappear when people realize they have been duped.
I really expected Gervase to chicken out and vote with Aras to send Laura M back to Redemption but he made his big move in the game. It was a brilliant move for Tyson since Aras was never going to bring Tyson to the end over Vytas, Tina, or Gervase but I am not so sure it was a good move for Gervase. I do think Aras would have brought him to the Final Three because Aras would have felt that he would beat him in the end but I am not sure what Tyson’s real plan for a Final Three is.
And speaking of Tyson, he has jumped himself to the front of the pack with the Aras vote along with the clue to the Immunity Idol. If he can actually keep himself from sharing the fact that he has it then it is a great tool for him. Especially with the ceremonial burning of the clue each week. From what I can see no one else is evening trying to find the clue so it will be a total shock when he uses it. If I was doing a Power Rankings he would be ranked number 1 right now. He’s channeling Boston Rob on the Redemption Island season at this point and if he can control and handle the various relationships he has going forward then the season could be his to win.
Finally an update on my pick to win the season: Ciera. She’s actually in a good place right now since I think Vytas/Tina/Katie will be the next three targets but I think she actually gets hurt with her mother returning to the game. She was right to be worried. Laura M tends to try to over strategize which is what got her in trouble the first time. Also once the main targets are gone she would be a target simply for having a Loved One left in the game. If she was smart she would be working Hayden and Caleb on a final four alliance with her mother at this moment. I look forward to what she does going forward because I think she can be a smart player if she continues to recognize the dangers around her and can keep her mother in check with the strategy.
I look forward to any comments on my thoughts or any counter theories on the seasons so far.
As a bonus here are all the Day After Videos for the last four eliminated players.
Survivor: Blood vs. Water – Brad The Day After
Survivor: Blood vs. Water – Kat The Next Day
Survivor: Blood vs. Water – John The Next Day
Survivor: Blood vs. Water – Laura B. The Day After
- Powered by Disqus
- Glee Goes to Nationals (Finally!) City of Angels – Spoilers, Sneak Peek VIDEO
- The Voice 6 Preview – Adam Levine, Blake Shelton Kiss, A True Blind Audition (VIDEO)
- American Idol XIII – Emily Piriz Shares her Thoughts on Working With Randy Jackson, Harry Connick Jr.
- Kelly Clarkson’s Hit “Breakaway” is the American Idol XIII Boot Song, Recorded by Each of the Contestants
- Cassadee Pope’s “Wasting All These Tears” Certified Platinum
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Hits Another Series Low
- The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis Laughs at an R Word Joke, Calls Detractors “Uncultured”
- Idol Headlines for 3/7/14
- Billboard – Chart Date 03/15/2014
- American Idol Top 11 to Sing Songs of the Cinema, Harry Connick Jr to Perform on Results
- Phillip Phillips Debuts Single “Raging Fire” on American Idol (VIDEO) (NEW PHOTOS!)
- American Idol XIII Top 12 Results – Live Blog – VIDEOS – PHOTOS
- American Idol XIII – Top 12 – Poll Results and Predictions
- Glee Spoilers – 100th Episode Photos Feat Old Favs, Chace Crawford, Finn Memorial
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol and Survivor Stay Even
- Idol Headlines for 3/6/14
- Kris Allen to Debut New Music at SXSW
- Adam Lambert to Front Queen North American Summer Tour (VIDEO) (UPDATED WITH TOUR DATES and PHOTOS)
- Survivor Cagayan: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty – Episode 2 – Recap and Discussion
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 03/06/14
- X Factor UK Winner Sam Bailey Pregnant With Her Third Child
- ‘Nashville’ Season 2, Episode 16 – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)!
- American Idol XIII Top 12 – Take the Polls! Photo Gallery (UPDATED WITH ELIMINATION POLL)
- American Idol XIII Top 12 Live Blog and Videos
- American Idol XIII – Top 12 Song Spoilers