- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
According to FOX, last night’s Super Bowl game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers increased 3% over last year’s Super Bowl on CBS, according to preliminary ratings, tying it with with Super Bowl XXI in 1987.
UPDATE: It’s official. Last night’s Super Bowl ratings broke some records:
Based on final ratings data, Super Bowl XLV, in which the Packers sent the Steelers packing, drew 111 million viewers. That easily tops the record set by last year’s Super Bowl, which averaged 106.5 million viewers. SB XLV now stands as the most-watched TV event in U.S. history.
The post-game Glee episode also came up a winner. It was seen by 26.8 million viewers and had an 11.1 adults 18-49 rating. This ranks as the highest-rated Glee episode ever and is the top-rated scripted telecast of any TV show in three years. However, it was down 31% from Undercover Boss, a reality show which aired on CBS last year.
Christina Aguilera realized almost immediately she made a mistake after she flubbed the National Anthem. She said in a statement her peeps released after the game last night, “I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place. I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through.”
In the meantime, songwriter/Producer, Claude Kelly has written a blog in defense of Christina (He’s worked on several tracks for her, including “Show Me How You Burlesque”)
Read Claude’s (he’s also one of the hitmakers behind Kelly Clarkson’s “My Life Would Suck Without U” and songs by Jordin Sparks and David Archuleta) thoughts after the jump.
i keep getting asked what i thought of Christina’s national anthem.
I guess people are looking for me to smear my friend.
Homie don’t play that.
what i will do is put some things into perspective:
Singing live and a capella at the Superbowl is about as hard as it gets…for even the most seasoned performer.
Acoustics are a huge issue. in a stadium that big, sound has to travel much farther than it does when your singing the anthem at your local little league game. This means, you are hearing the echo of your voice several seconds after you actually sing it. which is not normal. its very easy to lose your place, your tempo, and your pitch.
Secondly, whoever the sound engineer was for the entire entertainment portion of the SuperBowl SUCKED. no one sounded their best. Any musician will tell you: a bad engineer = a bad performance.
Thirdly, singing for a stadium full of people, as well millions of viewers is nerve racking. This is why most performers choose to lip sync to prerecorded version.
With that said, its now international news that Xtina flubbed the lyrics, but what i do know for sure is that she always gives her all. while mistakes cant be avoided sometimes, i know her heart was in the right place. Would it have been great if she had given a flawless performance – of course. is it the end of the world? no.
i promise you that someone, somewhere in these great United States will be screwing up our anthem in a much worse way sometime soon.
enjoy your day, and God Bless America :) lol
- Powered by Disqus
- The Bachelor — Season 18 Finale — Live Blog and Discussion
- The Voice 6 – Blind Auditions #5 – Live Blog – VIDEOS
- Cheryl Cole Confirms Return to X Factor UK!
- Justin Bieber Deposition Clips Reveal an Arrogant and Awful Person (VIDEO)
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 18 – Promotional Cast Photos
- Daughtry and Goo Goo Dolls Announce Summer Tour – See the Schedule
- Lee DeWyze New Song “Blackbird Song” Featured on The Walking Dead (VIDEO) (AUDIO)
- Idol Headlines for 3/10/14
- Carrie Underwood Sings Live With Thousand Foot Krutch, Set To Guest On Upcoming Miranda Lambert Album!
- Monday Morning Mediabase Update: Mar 2-8
- Is Naya Rivera Leaving Glee? The Evidence Says Yes
- The Amazing Race: All Stars Episode 3 Recap (UPDATED)
- X Factor UK Headlines for 03/09/14
- Idol Headlines for 3/9/14
- Lena Dunham Skits – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- The National – Graceless – I Need My Girl – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- Kellie Pickler – Closer to Nowhere – Grand Ole Opry (VIDEO)
- Adam Lambert and Queen Tour Promo (VIDEO)
- Phillip Phillips – Raging Fire Lyric Video and New Live Performance
- Ke$ha Leaves Rehab: New Look and New Name (PHOTO)
- Idol Headlines for 3/8/14
- Glee Goes to Nationals (Finally!) City of Angels – Spoilers, Sneak Peek VIDEO
- The Voice 6 Preview – Adam Levine, Blake Shelton Kiss, A True Blind Audition (VIDEO)
- American Idol XIII – Emily Piriz Shares her Thoughts on Working With Randy Jackson, Harry Connick Jr.
- Kelly Clarkson’s Hit “Breakaway” is the American Idol XIII Boot Song, Recorded by Each of the Contestants