- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
According to FOX, last night’s Super Bowl game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers increased 3% over last year’s Super Bowl on CBS, according to preliminary ratings, tying it with with Super Bowl XXI in 1987.
UPDATE: It’s official. Last night’s Super Bowl ratings broke some records:
Based on final ratings data, Super Bowl XLV, in which the Packers sent the Steelers packing, drew 111 million viewers. That easily tops the record set by last year’s Super Bowl, which averaged 106.5 million viewers. SB XLV now stands as the most-watched TV event in U.S. history.
The post-game Glee episode also came up a winner. It was seen by 26.8 million viewers and had an 11.1 adults 18-49 rating. This ranks as the highest-rated Glee episode ever and is the top-rated scripted telecast of any TV show in three years. However, it was down 31% from Undercover Boss, a reality show which aired on CBS last year.
Christina Aguilera realized almost immediately she made a mistake after she flubbed the National Anthem. She said in a statement her peeps released after the game last night, “I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place. I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through.”
In the meantime, songwriter/Producer, Claude Kelly has written a blog in defense of Christina (He’s worked on several tracks for her, including “Show Me How You Burlesque”)
Read Claude’s (he’s also one of the hitmakers behind Kelly Clarkson’s “My Life Would Suck Without U” and songs by Jordin Sparks and David Archuleta) thoughts after the jump.
i keep getting asked what i thought of Christina’s national anthem.
I guess people are looking for me to smear my friend.
Homie don’t play that.
what i will do is put some things into perspective:
Singing live and a capella at the Superbowl is about as hard as it gets…for even the most seasoned performer.
Acoustics are a huge issue. in a stadium that big, sound has to travel much farther than it does when your singing the anthem at your local little league game. This means, you are hearing the echo of your voice several seconds after you actually sing it. which is not normal. its very easy to lose your place, your tempo, and your pitch.
Secondly, whoever the sound engineer was for the entire entertainment portion of the SuperBowl SUCKED. no one sounded their best. Any musician will tell you: a bad engineer = a bad performance.
Thirdly, singing for a stadium full of people, as well millions of viewers is nerve racking. This is why most performers choose to lip sync to prerecorded version.
With that said, its now international news that Xtina flubbed the lyrics, but what i do know for sure is that she always gives her all. while mistakes cant be avoided sometimes, i know her heart was in the right place. Would it have been great if she had given a flawless performance – of course. is it the end of the world? no.
i promise you that someone, somewhere in these great United States will be screwing up our anthem in a much worse way sometime soon.
enjoy your day, and God Bless America :) lol
- Powered by Disqus
- Saturday Night 2013 Season Finale – Kanye West – VIDEO
- Eurovision 2013: Grand Final
- Danny Gokey Announces Deal with BMG Records
- Idol Headlines for 5/18/2013
- Simon Cowell Twitter Riot: Will Announce X Factor Panel on Monday (Plus Other Random Topics)
- Eurovision 2013 – Ozzyd’s Power List
- Candice Glover Speaks to the Press (VIDEOS)
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – The Tonight Show (Video)
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing X Factor Deal (Report)
- Kree Harrison Speaks With Reporters (VIDEOS)
- NBC Announces All Six Coaches Will Return To The Voice
- Idol Headlines for 5/17/13
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Finale Down 44% Compared to Last Year
- American Idol Runner Up Kree Harrison to Make Her Opry Debut June 4
- Billboard – Chart Date 05/25/13
- Candice Glover, Jennifer Hudson American Idol Duet Angers Natalie Cole
- American Idol 13 Spoiler: The Top 20 Can Audition Again
- Kris Allen To Undergo Surgery on Monday
- Candice Glover Wins American Idol 12 – Red Carpet, Finale PHOTOS
- Candice Glover Debut Album “Music Speaks” to be Released July 16
- Angie Miller – You Set Me Free Single – First Listen!
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Audio – First Listen
- Candice Glover – I Am Beautiful – Winners Single – First Listen!
- American Idol 12 The Finale – Recap, Results VIDEO
- Watch the American Idol Live Finale Pre-Show Right Here at 6:30 (UPDATED)