- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Tonight, the boys are back.Ãƒâ€š After the girls threw down the gauntlet last Wednesday, we’ll see if the guys are up to the challenge.Ãƒâ€š In the meantime, I’ve got some Season 6 contestant news.Ãƒâ€š Just for you.
Lucky me.Ãƒâ€š A couple of weeks ago, a band member from Chris Sligh’s band Half Past Forever sent me a promo copy of their new album “Take a Chance on Something Beautiful”Ãƒâ€š The album will be available for download tomorrow atÃƒâ€š Chris Sligh store.com.Ãƒâ€š The CD is currently available for pre-order at Amazon, and will beÃƒâ€š released March 8.Ãƒâ€š You can watch the band’s video for “Know” (my favorite tune on the CD) here.
I’ll be posting a review of the CD very soon.Ãƒâ€š But, I will say this–if infectious, hook-laden guitar-driven pop/rock is your thing, definitely check the CD out.Ãƒâ€š And Chris’s lead vocals are outstanding.Ãƒâ€š So yeah, more on the new CD later.
It looks like Antonella Barba will remain a contestantÃƒâ€š on American Idol, despite the series of racy pics thatÃƒâ€š appeared on the internetÃƒâ€š this past week.Ãƒâ€š I would say, no news from TPTB is good news.Ãƒâ€š Here’s what Antonella’s friendÃƒâ€š Amanda Coluccio had to say about the pictures:
Barba’s best friend, Amanda Coluccio of Holmdel, with whom she auditioned and won a trip to Hollywood for the second round before being eliminated, told The Star-Ledger of Newark that the less graphic photos are of Barba, but denied she is pictured in the pornographic ones.
“The really bad ones aren’t her. I’ve studied them,” Coluccio told The Star-Ledger for Monday’s newspapers. “It’s not her nose. She’s never had (acrylic nail) tips (like the woman in the photo) in her life. She’s the least slutty person I know.”
Eliminated Top 40 contestant Matthew Buckstein devised a clever planÃƒâ€š to extend his 15 minutes of fame, and perhaps jump start his career.Ãƒâ€š He called his scheme “The Lost Idol”–competing along with the rest of the Top 24 from a karaoke bar in Denver.Ãƒâ€š But, surprise, surprise!Ãƒâ€š The bar that was hosting Matt’s performances got a phone call and a “Cease and Desist” letter from the legal folks at Idol.Ãƒâ€š You can read about Matthew’s saga at Reality TV Magazine:
I wonÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢t go into it too deep because that would be a violation of agreements IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢ve made with them.Ãƒâ€š Basically they fear that what I am doing is too closely related to their show and that I might be stealing their intellectual property.
It was never my intention to do them harm; in fact, quite the contrary.Ãƒâ€š I want to promote the show.Ãƒâ€š I want people to watch it.
I hear you my brothah!Ãƒâ€š Those legal peeps wouldn’t happen to be from this firmÃƒâ€š would they?Ãƒâ€š *whistles and walks away*Ãƒâ€š Just askin’!
Matthew will continue with the “Lost Idol” concept, but will have to lose the name “Idol”.
The concept of what IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢m doing will remain the same.Ãƒâ€š However, I claim no present or future connection with AI…IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢m currently deciding between Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œThe Lost Country SingerÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ and Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã…â€œThe Lost IconÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬ …IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢ll still put up performance videos on Tuesday nights and IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢ll still allow people to show their support through comments on my myspace page and by clicking a vote counter.Ãƒâ€š IÃƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢ll still have a results show in the days that follow my performance video.
Good Luck Matthew!Ãƒâ€š Don’t let the 800 pound gorilla get you down…
For more about Matthew’s quest as the “Lost Idol” check out his My Space.
- Powered by Disqus
- 2012 Season Ratings: The Voice Beats American Idol in the Demo
- Mariah Carey GMA Wardrobe Malfunction (VIDEO)
- Jennifer Hudson Negotiating to Judge American Idol (UPDATED)
- Idol Headlines for 5/25/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 06/01/13
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million In Tour Proceeds To Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- Simon Cowell: “I’m Bored By Millionaires Bickering Amongst Themselves”
- American Idol 11 Alums, Elise Testone and Deandre Brackensick Get Ready to Release New Music
- Kelly Clarkson Won’t Be Judging American Idol 13
- Ratings: 2012 Season Saw Major Year to Year Declines
- Idol Headlines for 5/23/13
- Glee Star Lea Michele Signs a Book Deal
- DWTS Zendaya and Val Perform “Hip Hop Malfunction” on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- York Couple Arrested After Stabbing Incident Over American Idol Finale
- X Factor UK: Lucy Spraggan Debuts “Lighthouse”
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 05/23/13
- ‘Nashville’ Episode 21 – Season Finale – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13 – The Evening Edition
- Maroon 5 “Love Somebody” Music Video Debut
- Dancing With The Stars To Undergo Shakeup, Including New Judges (Report)
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards Nominations Announced
- X Factor UK: Judges Confirmed, Double Auditions
- First Wave of Teen Choice Nominations Announced
- Tuesday Ratings: DWTS Finale Lowest in History, The Voice Hits Tuesday Season Low
- Idol Headlines for 5/22/13