- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
It’s the RuPaul Drag Race “show after the show” Untucked! Click for For Montavilla’s show recap and results.
The safe queens retire to the lounge, gagging with relief not to be in the bottom. They discuss the videos. Jinkx feels that her team’s video was more kid-friendly. Alyssa (the only safe queen from her team) feels her video was slightly funnier. Alaska is read for not being in drag for the video.
They try to predict the week’s winner. Alyssa liked Detox’s “editorial” look, which Honey finds dull. Honey thinks Jinkx will win in her Restoration period outfit, but Alyssa deems it “hodge-podgy.”
They talk about the bottom queens, correctly picking Monica and Coco for the bottom. Then they turn to the Coco/Alyssa situation. Alyssa says she won’t entertain Coco’s drama any more.
The Big Pink Furry Box grants “the Brad to your Angelina.” Jade gets excited, since her last name is “Jolie.” Nobody else makes that connection. But she is right, and a video plays, showing Jade’s boyfriend, who talks about their early dating and wishes her luck.
Jade bounces happily, waving tears of joy from her face before they can spoil her make-up. Meanwhile, Ivy is surprised to learn Jade’s last name. Well, it’s only been three weeks now. Alyssa zeroes in on the boyfriend’s remark that he was “straight-ish” when he met Jade.
The whole thing is sweet, but doesn’t elicit the kind of drama we usually get from a BPFB video. I guess Jade isn’t stressed enough to freak out. She’s merely proud of her guy for acknowledging their relationship on television and happy to hear from him.
Meanwhile, the top and bottom queens hang out in the Interior Illusions Lounge. Alaska is shocked at the safe list. Roxxy and Detox throw so much love at each other’s looks and abilities that the others tell them to, essentially, get a room. They just might before the season ends.
Monica makes a valiant effort at creating drama from her frustration. She feels pressured by the judges and producers to be more “ghetto and banjee.” She wants to be the “fierce crazy bitch,” but something is holding her back. But, honestly, it’s like trying to get blood from a stone at this point. (As Alyssa noted, we’ve seen the best of Monica now. There’s not much more to be revealed.)
Now it’s Coco’s time to make drama. She decides that she is no longer going to try to be Alyssa’s friend. (Was she trying before? I’m confused now.)
The queens share my confusion and ask how Alyssa lost her damn crown anyway. Coco explains that there’s a lot of business details that go with the MIss Gay America crown and that Alyssa didn’t want to deal with it. In the other room, Alyssa tells a different story, saying she refused to be the “cookie-cutter character” that the pageant officials wanted her to play. Alyssa indignantly complains that she was edited out of the pageant videos, and taken off the pageant website.
All the queens converge to an uncomfortable silence. “Here it comes,” Detox warns us in a talking head, “This is going to be interesting.” Frankly, I think Detox is lying.
Back from commercial, Detox asks Alyssa to tell her side of the story. Alyssa screws up almost immediately, saying that Coco competed for years but only cracked the top five in the pageant the year of The Drama. Coco corrects her, saying she was in the top five the first year she competed. Alyssa apologizes, but Coco is silent.
Oh God, this isn’t over yet, is it? I swear, this storyline is going to stretch on forever — or until Top Five week when Coco and Alyssa are pitted against each other for the lip-sync.
On that note, we return to the runway, where Coco handily sends Monica packing.
Hopefully, next week Jinkx will fall into a narcoleptic fit from all this Coco/Alyssa excitement. Or Jade will get really sad and frown or something. Or perhaps Ivy will reveal that her ability to remember last names is distracting her from the competition. One can only hope.
By the way, there are no bonus scenes this week. That’s how terrible those kid show videos were.
- Powered by Disqus
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Results, Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The Finale! (Night 2- Results)
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Audition #3- Live Blog and Discussion
- X Factor 3 Judges Panel First Look! (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- Kellie Pickler And Derek Hough’s Powerful DWTS Freestyle (Videos) (Photos)
- Oklahoma City Tornadoes – How You Can Help
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Season, Series Low, DWTS Down from Fall, Spring Finales
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : May 13-19
- X Factor Judge, Paulina Rubio Accused of Assaulting a Pap and Stealing His Camera
- Lee DeWyze Announces Album Release Date
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Take the Polls!
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1) – POLLS!
- FOX Announces Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio Join The X Factor Judges Panel
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1)
- Idol Headlines for 5/20/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Song Spoilers
- Vanessa Lengies Leaving Glee After Landing Mixology Role (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina – Breakdown – Live at the Grand Ole Opry
- Sunday Ratings: Year to Year Billboard Music Awards Up, Celebrity Apprentice Down
- The Voice 4- Mac’s Top 10 Power List