- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Uuughhh. Could American Idol alum and professional ASSHAT, Corey Clark be any more tedious? Why doesn’t he find a job like the rest of us normal humans, and quit trying to scam an easy payday from Idol dregs.
Not only is he part of the stupid group of 9 alums attempting to sue the show for racial discrimination, now he is ALSO suing E Entertainment, FOX and 2 law firms connected to FOX for defamation of character (I guess the MTV scam he attempted didn’t pan out?) Via The Hollywood Reporter
In a complaint filed in Tennessee federal court on Friday and obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Clark is suing Fox, E! Entertainment and two powerhouse law firms — Gibson Dunn & Crutcher and Morrison & Foerster — for allegedly defaming him in comments made about his exit from the show as well as the alleged affair with Abdul.
Clark’s 44-page complaint (read in full here)
Where it gets interesting — or at least, marks the crux of his allegations — is the moment in 2005 when the Abdul relationship scandal was at its height.
At the time, Clark says that a book proposal began circulating about the affair. He says that as a result, Idol‘s in-house lawyer threatened to sue him for $5 million for breaching the confidentiality portion of his agreement. Nevertheless, Clark decided to give an interview to ABC News and the network aired a one-hour special despite allegedly hearing from Abdul’s lawyer Marty Singer, who threatened to sue.
Still, he says that the “ABC News special did not disclose the entire story behind the relationship between Abdul and Plaintiff.”
Later that summer, Fox said that it had retained “Independent Counsel” to conduct an investigation of the alleged Abdul affair. According to the complaint, Gibson Dunn and Morrison & Foerster were hired. The first firm is said to have done work in the past for Fox; the latter for Idol producer Fremantle.
“Any representation that the law firms Gibson Dunn and/or Morrison & Foerster were retained as ‘independent counsel’ by FOX is plainly misleading and conveys a false impression that the law firms had no vested or economic interest in the result of the investigation,” the lawsuit states.
By August, Fox had put out a press release that “cleared” Abdul of wrongdoing and allowed her to maintain her judge position, according to the lawsuit.
Clark says that as a result of “Fox’s sham investigative report,” he suffered “tremendous reputational damage,” that his record label stopped returning his calls, that people would spit on him in public, that he was served with an eviction notice on his home, that he began living on food stamps, and that in 2006, he “reached absolute rock bottom,” constructing a rope from bed sheets and attempting to hang himself..
Clark is now objecting to defamatory statements allegedly made in the wake of this ordeal, including, he says, an episode of E! True Hollywood Story: Paula Abdul, which he says aired in January 2012 and denied an Abdul relationship with Clark.
Clark is suing for libel, false light invasion of privacy and a third count for conspiracy to commit commercial product disparagement.
According to the complaint, “Investigators spent three and a half months reviewing materials provided by Clark and Abdul and investigating 43 people, (10 of whom were eyewitnesses to the conduct between Clark and Abdul alleged by Clark) in an effort to further disparage Clark’s name and reputation and conceal the facts and true nature of Clark’s disqualification and romantic relationship with Abdul.”
I still don’t understand the point of this lawsuit? PR people deny allegations all of the time, how is this defamation exactly? What did he expect to happen when he accused Paula of having an inappropriate relationship with him? And what’s more, his “revelation” of the affair (which may or may not be true, to be honest, I wouldn’t put a dalliance with a contestant past Paula) was all about shamelessly promoting himself and the album he released at the time. His pathetic attempt at famewhoring came back to bite him in the ass. He really should just man up and accept the consequences of his actions. Seriously. Go away, Corey.
Tagged with: Corey Clark
- Powered by Disqus
- Grammy Nominations Live Concert Video Performances
- Grammy Awards 2014 Nominations List
- Shark Tank – Season 5, Episode 12– Live Blog and Discussion
- X Factor Top 4 Song Spoilers Voted On By Fans
- Kelly Clarkson Talks Puking, Babies – Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Paul Jolley Releases “Happy Christmas” Cover (AUDIO)
- Thursday Ratings: The Sound Of Music Draws More Than 18M Viewers
- Idol Headlines for 12/6/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 12/14/13
- X Factor UK Season 10: Beyonce vs. Elton John Week – Spoilers
- Glee Season 5 – Previously Unaired Christmas – Recap and Videos
- The Sound Of Music Live – Musical Performance Videos!
- The Sound of Music Live – Review and Discussion Post
- The X Factor 3 – Top 6 Results – Live blog and discussion
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- American Idol X!!! Promo: Hooray for the WGWG! (VIDEO)
- X Factor 3 Top 6 Poll Results and Predictions
- Glee Star Dianna Agron Will Return for 100th Episode
- Kelly Clarkson Amazon Commercial, Plus “Wrapped in Red” Goes Platinum (VIDEO)
- Jessica Sanchez – Lead Me Home – Music Video
- Wednesday Ratings: X Factor Post Holiday Rise
- Idol Headlines for 12/05/13
- X Factor 3 – Alex & Sierra “Say Something” Cover Smashes iTunes (VIDEO)
- Survivor Blood Vs Water – Rustle Feathers – Recap and Discussion
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 12/05/13