- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
Uuughhh. Could American Idol alum and professional ASSHAT, Corey Clark be any more tedious? Why doesn’t he find a job like the rest of us normal humans, and quit trying to scam an easy payday from Idol dregs.
Not only is he part of the stupid group of 9 alums attempting to sue the show for racial discrimination, now he is ALSO suing E Entertainment, FOX and 2 law firms connected to FOX for defamation of character (I guess the MTV scam he attempted didn’t pan out?) Via The Hollywood Reporter
In a complaint filed in Tennessee federal court on Friday and obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Clark is suing Fox, E! Entertainment and two powerhouse law firms — Gibson Dunn & Crutcher and Morrison & Foerster — for allegedly defaming him in comments made about his exit from the show as well as the alleged affair with Abdul.
Clark’s 44-page complaint (read in full here)
Where it gets interesting — or at least, marks the crux of his allegations — is the moment in 2005 when the Abdul relationship scandal was at its height.
At the time, Clark says that a book proposal began circulating about the affair. He says that as a result, Idol‘s in-house lawyer threatened to sue him for $5 million for breaching the confidentiality portion of his agreement. Nevertheless, Clark decided to give an interview to ABC News and the network aired a one-hour special despite allegedly hearing from Abdul’s lawyer Marty Singer, who threatened to sue.
Still, he says that the “ABC News special did not disclose the entire story behind the relationship between Abdul and Plaintiff.”
Later that summer, Fox said that it had retained “Independent Counsel” to conduct an investigation of the alleged Abdul affair. According to the complaint, Gibson Dunn and Morrison & Foerster were hired. The first firm is said to have done work in the past for Fox; the latter for Idol producer Fremantle.
“Any representation that the law firms Gibson Dunn and/or Morrison & Foerster were retained as ‘independent counsel’ by FOX is plainly misleading and conveys a false impression that the law firms had no vested or economic interest in the result of the investigation,” the lawsuit states.
By August, Fox had put out a press release that “cleared” Abdul of wrongdoing and allowed her to maintain her judge position, according to the lawsuit.
Clark says that as a result of “Fox’s sham investigative report,” he suffered “tremendous reputational damage,” that his record label stopped returning his calls, that people would spit on him in public, that he was served with an eviction notice on his home, that he began living on food stamps, and that in 2006, he “reached absolute rock bottom,” constructing a rope from bed sheets and attempting to hang himself..
Clark is now objecting to defamatory statements allegedly made in the wake of this ordeal, including, he says, an episode of E! True Hollywood Story: Paula Abdul, which he says aired in January 2012 and denied an Abdul relationship with Clark.
Clark is suing for libel, false light invasion of privacy and a third count for conspiracy to commit commercial product disparagement.
According to the complaint, “Investigators spent three and a half months reviewing materials provided by Clark and Abdul and investigating 43 people, (10 of whom were eyewitnesses to the conduct between Clark and Abdul alleged by Clark) in an effort to further disparage Clark’s name and reputation and conceal the facts and true nature of Clark’s disqualification and romantic relationship with Abdul.”
I still don’t understand the point of this lawsuit? PR people deny allegations all of the time, how is this defamation exactly? What did he expect to happen when he accused Paula of having an inappropriate relationship with him? And what’s more, his “revelation” of the affair (which may or may not be true, to be honest, I wouldn’t put a dalliance with a contestant past Paula) was all about shamelessly promoting himself and the album he released at the time. His pathetic attempt at famewhoring came back to bite him in the ass. He really should just man up and accept the consequences of his actions. Seriously. Go away, Corey.
Tagged with: Corey Clark
- Powered by Disqus
- Allison Iraheta is Married (Reportedly)
- Jessica Sanchez Performs “Feel This Moment” – Dancing With the Stars (VIDEO)
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Results, Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The Finale! (Night 2- Results)
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Audition #3- Live Blog and Discussion
- X Factor 3 Judges Panel First Look! (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- Kellie Pickler And Derek Hough’s Powerful DWTS Freestyle (Videos) (Photos)
- Oklahoma City Tornadoes – How You Can Help
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Season, Series Low, DWTS Down from Fall, Spring Finales
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : May 13-19
- X Factor Judge, Paulina Rubio Accused of Assaulting a Pap and Stealing His Camera
- Lee DeWyze Announces Album Release Date
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Take the Polls!
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1) – POLLS!
- FOX Announces Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio Join The X Factor Judges Panel
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1)
- Idol Headlines for 5/20/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Song Spoilers
- Vanessa Lengies Leaving Glee After Landing Mixology Role (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina – Breakdown – Live at the Grand Ole Opry