- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
I don’t know what to think about this latest piece of gossip from TMZ. If there is drama going on in the Phillips Phillips family concerning the auction, TMZ’s account is likely exaggerated.
Phillip Phillips’ family says the singer left them high and dry after winning “American Idol” — refusing to help them out financially — and now, they’ve been forced to sell their cherished family business … Phillips family sources tell TMZ.
The Phillips family-owned Albany Sporting Goods and Pawn — which has been in the family for 24 years — is scheduled to hit the auction block on December 1st … and we’re told, Phillip’s dad hopes to use the profits to cover the family’s mounting debt.
We’re told Phillip’s dad hopes to bring in between $200,000-250,000 during the auction.
We’re told Phillip’s family has reached out multiple times to the singer for financial help since he hit it big, but Phil has blown them off.
According to Phillips family sources, the family’s especially hurt by the singer’s radio silence — since they spent a ton of money on travel expenses so they could see Phillip compete on “Idol.”
We made multiple calls to Phillip Phillips over several days — but our calls were not returned.
If I were TMZ, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for Phillip to call back. Unless the report becomes a “thing”– In which case, Phillip would release a statement through his people.
In interviews, Phil’s dad seems sad that fame has taken his son away from Georgia and his family. Maybe Phil–who is a pretty busy guy these days with a debut album just about to be released– doesn’t return Donnie’s calls as fast as he used to. But that doesn’t mean the Idol winner has abandoned his family.
As far as the money is concerned–Phillip is hardly rolling in it yet. His music career has barely begun.
Read more at TMZ
Tagged with: Phillip Phillips
- Powered by Disqus
- Andi Dorfman Is the New Bachelorette (VIDEO)
- The Bachelor — Season 18 Finale — Live Blog and Discussion
- The Voice 6 – Blind Auditions #5 – Live Blog – VIDEOS (UPDATED WITH POLL)
- Cheryl Cole Confirms Return to X Factor UK!
- Justin Bieber Deposition Clips Reveal an Arrogant and Awful Person (VIDEO)
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 18 – Promotional Cast Photos
- Daughtry and Goo Goo Dolls Announce Summer Tour – See the Schedule
- Lee DeWyze New Song “Blackbird Song” Featured on The Walking Dead (VIDEO) (AUDIO)
- Idol Headlines for 3/10/14
- Carrie Underwood Sings Live With Thousand Foot Krutch, Set To Guest On Upcoming Miranda Lambert Album!
- Monday Morning Mediabase Update: Mar 2-8
- Is Naya Rivera Leaving Glee? The Evidence Says Yes
- The Amazing Race: All Stars Episode 3 Recap (UPDATED)
- X Factor UK Headlines for 03/09/14
- Idol Headlines for 3/9/14
- Lena Dunham Skits – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- The National – Graceless – I Need My Girl – Saturday Night Live – VIDEO
- Kellie Pickler – Closer to Nowhere – Grand Ole Opry (VIDEO)
- Adam Lambert and Queen Tour Promo (VIDEO)
- Phillip Phillips – Raging Fire Lyric Video and New Live Performance
- Ke$ha Leaves Rehab: New Look and New Name (PHOTO)
- Idol Headlines for 3/8/14
- Glee Goes to Nationals (Finally!) City of Angels – Spoilers, Sneak Peek VIDEO
- The Voice 6 Preview – Adam Levine, Blake Shelton Kiss, A True Blind Audition (VIDEO)
- American Idol XIII – Emily Piriz Shares her Thoughts on Working With Randy Jackson, Harry Connick Jr.