- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
I don’t know what to think about this latest piece of gossip from TMZ. If there is drama going on in the Phillips Phillips family concerning the auction, TMZ’s account is likely exaggerated.
Phillip Phillips’ family says the singer left them high and dry after winning “American Idol” — refusing to help them out financially — and now, they’ve been forced to sell their cherished family business … Phillips family sources tell TMZ.
The Phillips family-owned Albany Sporting Goods and Pawn — which has been in the family for 24 years — is scheduled to hit the auction block on December 1st … and we’re told, Phillip’s dad hopes to use the profits to cover the family’s mounting debt.
We’re told Phillip’s dad hopes to bring in between $200,000-250,000 during the auction.
We’re told Phillip’s family has reached out multiple times to the singer for financial help since he hit it big, but Phil has blown them off.
According to Phillips family sources, the family’s especially hurt by the singer’s radio silence — since they spent a ton of money on travel expenses so they could see Phillip compete on “Idol.”
We made multiple calls to Phillip Phillips over several days — but our calls were not returned.
If I were TMZ, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for Phillip to call back. Unless the report becomes a “thing”– In which case, Phillip would release a statement through his people.
In interviews, Phil’s dad seems sad that fame has taken his son away from Georgia and his family. Maybe Phil–who is a pretty busy guy these days with a debut album just about to be released– doesn’t return Donnie’s calls as fast as he used to. But that doesn’t mean the Idol winner has abandoned his family.
As far as the money is concerned–Phillip is hardly rolling in it yet. His music career has barely begun.
Read more at TMZ
Tagged with: Phillip Phillips
- Powered by Disqus
- Paul Jolley Releases “Happy Christmas” Cover (AUDIO)
- Thursday Ratings: The Sound Of Music Draws More Than 18M Viewers
- Idol Headlines for 12/6/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 12/14/13
- X Factor UK Season 10: Beyonce vs. Elton John Week – Spoilers
- Glee Season 5 – Previously Unaired Christmas – Recap and Videos
- The Sound Of Music Live – Musical Performance Videos!
- The Sound of Music Live – Review and Discussion Post
- The X Factor 3 – Top 6 Results – Live blog and discussion
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- American Idol X!!! Promo: Hooray for the WGWG! (VIDEO)
- X Factor 3 Top 6 Poll Results and Predictions
- Glee Star Dianna Agron Will Return for 100th Episode
- Kelly Clarkson Amazon Commercial, Plus “Wrapped in Red” Goes Platinum (VIDEO)
- Jessica Sanchez – Lead Me Home – Music Video
- Wednesday Ratings: X Factor Post Holiday Rise
- Idol Headlines for 12/05/13
- X Factor 3 – Alex & Sierra “Say Something” Cover Smashes iTunes (VIDEO)
- Survivor Blood Vs Water – Rustle Feathers – Recap and Discussion
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 12/05/13
- The Sound Of Music Starring Carrie Underwood – New Photos
- ‘Nashville’ Season 2, Episode 9 – Recap & Discussion Post
- X Factor 3 Top 6 – Take the Polls!
- The X Factor 3 – Top 6 Performance – Recap and Videos
- Idol Headlines for 12/4/13 – Evening Edition