- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
TMZ reported last week that Phillip Phillips badly-needed kidney surgery would take place today.
Not so, tweeted Phillips girlfriend, Hannah Blackwell, yesterday:
Phillip’s surgery is not tomorrow. He will be fine when it is scheduled and is excited for tour. Thanks for your concern and respect.
If the surgery is not today, I imagine that it’s soon, because Phillip has postponed all of his post-Idol win promo appearances, including an appearance at the American Idol Experience at Disney World, and a week full of New York City appearances that included Live! with Kelly and the Today Show.
I’m sure TMZ will be filling us in with an update soon. *eyes roll*.
And…of course here’s the update from TMZ!
Phillip Phillips will NOT have kidney surgery today as scheduled, because he’s burning up with a fever … TMZ has learned.
As we first reported, Phillip has a serious congenital kidney condition that produces kidney stones so large they cannot pass. The condition has virtually debilitated his right kidney — requiring 8 prior surgeries.
Phillip has had a flare-up through almost the entire “American Idol” competition, requiring a stent that was surgically inserted two months ago — causing the singer extreme and continuous pain.
We’re told Phillip now has a bad sinus infection that has triggered a high fever. As a result surgeons will not operate.
We’re told the surgery has been rescheduled for early next week.
Until there is some official word, this is all speculation, of course. The important thing is that Phillip gets well soon!
- Powered by Disqus
- Idol Headlines for 4/21/14
- Dexter Roberts – Muckalee Creek Water – Live with Kelly and Michael – VIDEO
- Monday Morning Mediabase Update: Apr 14-20
- American Idol 13 Studio Recordings Top 7 – FULL SONGS
- Glee Season 5 – Full Songs from “Opening Night” Plus Photos and Spoilers
- Naked and Afraid – Season 2, Episode 6 – Live Blog & Discussion
- The Amazing Race: All-Stars Episode 8 Discussion and Recap (UPDATED)
- X Factor UK Headlines for 04/20/14
- Idol Headlines for 4/20/14
- Caleb Johnson and Jena Irene Reenact Their “Prom-Posal” (VIDEO)
- X Factor UK – Jedward – New Song – Free Spirit (AUDIO)
- Idol Headlines for 4/19/14
- American Idol 13 – Dexter Roberts On Moving To Nashville, Changing Up Songs (UPDATED)
- The Voice: Gwen Stefani Tapped to Fill in For Christina Aguilera (Report)
- Kellie Pickler, First Lady Michelle Obama Guest Star on Nashville
- American Idol: Ryan Seacrest Set to Renew For Two More Years (Report)
- The Voice 6 – Top 12 Power Rankings and Song Suggestions
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Inches Up
- Idol Headlines for 4/18/14
- One Direction – “You & I” – Music Video
- Billboard – Chart Date 04/26/2014
- Jessica Meuse Reacts to the American Idol Judges: Maybe I Should Just be a Stripper or Pole Dancer
- American Idol 13 Top 6 Revealed, Dexter Roberts is Eliminated (VIDEO) (PHOTOS)
- American Idol 13: Keith Urban Has Picked His Top 3 (VIDEO)
- American Idol 13: Jena Irene is Demi Lovato’s Favorite Finalist (VIDEO)