- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
TMZ reported last week that Phillip Phillips badly-needed kidney surgery would take place today.
Not so, tweeted Phillips girlfriend, Hannah Blackwell, yesterday:
Phillip’s surgery is not tomorrow. He will be fine when it is scheduled and is excited for tour. Thanks for your concern and respect.
If the surgery is not today, I imagine that it’s soon, because Phillip has postponed all of his post-Idol win promo appearances, including an appearance at the American Idol Experience at Disney World, and a week full of New York City appearances that included Live! with Kelly and the Today Show.
I’m sure TMZ will be filling us in with an update soon. *eyes roll*.
And…of course here’s the update from TMZ!
Phillip Phillips will NOT have kidney surgery today as scheduled, because he’s burning up with a fever … TMZ has learned.
As we first reported, Phillip has a serious congenital kidney condition that produces kidney stones so large they cannot pass. The condition has virtually debilitated his right kidney — requiring 8 prior surgeries.
Phillip has had a flare-up through almost the entire “American Idol” competition, requiring a stent that was surgically inserted two months ago — causing the singer extreme and continuous pain.
We’re told Phillip now has a bad sinus infection that has triggered a high fever. As a result surgeons will not operate.
We’re told the surgery has been rescheduled for early next week.
Until there is some official word, this is all speculation, of course. The important thing is that Phillip gets well soon!
- Powered by Disqus
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 1 Recap – VIDEOS
- Danielle Bradbery Covers A Great Big World’s “Say Something” – VIDEO
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett – Anything Goes – VIDEO
- American Idol Alum Elise Testone – Help Me – Music Video
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Leaving DWTS (Again)
- Caleb Johnson and Alex Preston – Too Close Acoustic Cover (VIDEO)
- Americas Got Talent 9 – Top 48 Week 1 Power Rankings
- Idol Headlines for 7/29/14
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : July 21-27
- Concert Schedule – 7/29/14 – Allison Iraheta, The Voice in LA
- The Bachelorette – Season 10, Finale – Live Blog & Discussion (VIDEOS)
- Big Brother 16 Live Feeds Spoilers (Week 5 Veto Ceremony)
- Carrie Underwood New Sunday Night Football Intro BTS (VIDEO)
- Caleb Johnson Drops New Single “Only One” – AUDIO
- Glee Star Lea Michele Set to Guest Star on Sons of Anarchy
- Tessanne Chin on Debut Album: “We Couldn’t Help That It Was a Quiet Release”
- Rising Star Ratings Hit a New Low
- Idol Headlines for 7/28/14
- Monday Morning Mediabase Update: Jul 21-27
- Concert Schedule – 7/28/14 – Adam Lambert, American Idol Live
- Rising Star – The Duels Part 3 – Live Blog and Videos (UPDATED)
- Big Brother 16 Episode 15 – Recap and Discussion
- X Factor UK Headlines for 07/27/14
- Concert Schedule – 7/27/14 – Cassadee Pope, Scotty McCreery, Fifth Harmony
- Idol Headlines for 7/27/14