- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
TMZ reported last week that Phillip Phillips badly-needed kidney surgery would take place today.
Not so, tweeted Phillips girlfriend, Hannah Blackwell, yesterday:
Phillip’s surgery is not tomorrow. He will be fine when it is scheduled and is excited for tour. Thanks for your concern and respect.
If the surgery is not today, I imagine that it’s soon, because Phillip has postponed all of his post-Idol win promo appearances, including an appearance at the American Idol Experience at Disney World, and a week full of New York City appearances that included Live! with Kelly and the Today Show.
I’m sure TMZ will be filling us in with an update soon. *eyes roll*.
And…of course here’s the update from TMZ!
Phillip Phillips will NOT have kidney surgery today as scheduled, because he’s burning up with a fever … TMZ has learned.
As we first reported, Phillip has a serious congenital kidney condition that produces kidney stones so large they cannot pass. The condition has virtually debilitated his right kidney — requiring 8 prior surgeries.
Phillip has had a flare-up through almost the entire “American Idol” competition, requiring a stent that was surgically inserted two months ago — causing the singer extreme and continuous pain.
We’re told Phillip now has a bad sinus infection that has triggered a high fever. As a result surgeons will not operate.
We’re told the surgery has been rescheduled for early next week.
Until there is some official word, this is all speculation, of course. The important thing is that Phillip gets well soon!
- Powered by Disqus
- Thursday Ratings: American Idol Hits Another Series Low
- The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis Laughs at an R Word Joke, Calls Detractors “Uncultured”
- Idol Headlines for 3/7/14
- Billboard – Chart Date 03/15/2014
- American Idol Top 11 to Sing Songs of the Cinema, Harry Connick Jr to Perform on Results
- Phillip Phillips Debuts Single “Raging Fire” on American Idol (VIDEO) (NEW PHOTOS!)
- American Idol XIII Top 12 Results – Live Blog – VIDEOS – PHOTOS
- American Idol XIII – Top 12 – Poll Results and Predictions
- Glee Spoilers – 100th Episode Photos Feat Old Favs, Chace Crawford, Finn Memorial
- Wednesday Ratings: American Idol and Survivor Stay Even
- Idol Headlines for 3/6/14
- Kris Allen to Debut New Music at SXSW
- Adam Lambert to Front Queen North American Summer Tour (VIDEO) (UPDATED WITH TOUR DATES and PHOTOS)
- Survivor Cagayan: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty – Episode 2 – Recap and Discussion
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 03/06/14
- X Factor UK Winner Sam Bailey Pregnant With Her Third Child
- ‘Nashville’ Season 2, Episode 16 – Recap & Discussion Post (VIDEO)!
- American Idol XIII Top 12 – Take the Polls! Photo Gallery (UPDATED WITH ELIMINATION POLL)
- American Idol XIII Top 12 Live Blog and Videos
- American Idol XIII – Top 12 Song Spoilers
- Demi Lovato Shaved Her Head (PHOTO)
- Nigel Lythgoe’s “The Spotlight” Tapes in Las Vegas
- Idol Chat with M&M – Top 12 Comparative Power Rankings
- Tuesday Ratings: The Voice Rises, Glee Falls
- Idol Headlines for 3/5/14