- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
TMZ reported last week that Phillip Phillips badly-needed kidney surgery would take place today.
Not so, tweeted Phillips girlfriend, Hannah Blackwell, yesterday:
Phillip’s surgery is not tomorrow. He will be fine when it is scheduled and is excited for tour. Thanks for your concern and respect.
If the surgery is not today, I imagine that it’s soon, because Phillip has postponed all of his post-Idol win promo appearances, including an appearance at the American Idol Experience at Disney World, and a week full of New York City appearances that included Live! with Kelly and the Today Show.
I’m sure TMZ will be filling us in with an update soon. *eyes roll*.
And…of course here’s the update from TMZ!
Phillip Phillips will NOT have kidney surgery today as scheduled, because he’s burning up with a fever … TMZ has learned.
As we first reported, Phillip has a serious congenital kidney condition that produces kidney stones so large they cannot pass. The condition has virtually debilitated his right kidney — requiring 8 prior surgeries.
Phillip has had a flare-up through almost the entire “American Idol” competition, requiring a stent that was surgically inserted two months ago — causing the singer extreme and continuous pain.
We’re told Phillip now has a bad sinus infection that has triggered a high fever. As a result surgeons will not operate.
We’re told the surgery has been rescheduled for early next week.
Until there is some official word, this is all speculation, of course. The important thing is that Phillip gets well soon!
- Powered by Disqus
- GMA Cleans Up Mariah Carey Pitch Problems for the West Coast (VIDEO)
- Glee Star Samuel Larsen Cuts Off His Dreads (Photos)
- More Artists Added to Blake Shelton’s Oklahoma Tornado Relief Benefit Concert
- Adam Lambert – Love Wins Over Glamour – Life Ball 2013 (VIDEO)
- X Factor 3 – Charleston Auditions Press Conference (VIDEO)
- Adam Lambert – Life Ball 2013 – Live Stream
- Idol Headlines for 5/25/13
- DWTS Stars Perform on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina Performs at Sea World Orlando (VIDEO)
- Reality Chief, Mike Darnell Leaving FOX in June
- Blake Shelton Oklahoma Relief Benefit Concert to Air Live on NBC May 29
- 2012 Season Ratings: The Voice Beats American Idol in the Demo
- Mariah Carey GMA Wardrobe Malfunction (VIDEO)
- Jennifer Hudson Negotiating to Judge American Idol (UPDATED)
- Idol Headlines for 5/24/13
- Billboard – Chart Date 06/01/13
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million In Tour Proceeds To Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- Simon Cowell: “I’m Bored By Millionaires Bickering Amongst Themselves”
- American Idol 11 Alums, Elise Testone and Deandre Brackensick Get Ready to Release New Music
- Kelly Clarkson Won’t Be Judging American Idol 13
- Ratings: 2012 Season Saw Major Year to Year Declines
- Idol Headlines for 5/23/13
- Glee Star Lea Michele Signs a Book Deal
- DWTS Zendaya and Val Perform “Hip Hop Malfunction” on Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- York Couple Arrested After Stabbing Incident Over American Idol Finale