- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Apprentice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- The Glee Project
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- Adam Lambert
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 12 Recaps
“I’m out of the hospital and back to work!” Phillips tells E! News. “Looking forward to the future.”
Phillips is expected to make the American Idols Live opener on July 6 in Detroit with the rest of the this year’s top 10 contestants. Of course, that all depends on Phillip healing without complications. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Phil, and an end to his health troubles!
ETA: TMZ is reporting that the surgery was tougher than expected.
It turns out … the stent that was placed in Phillip’s kidney was there way too long — so long, it became embedded in his body. It became so bad, surgeons had to cut the stent out with a laser.
Doctors say the surgery was successful, so Phillip will be recovering in a Malibu mansion thanks to one of the “American Idol” honchos who is letting the “A.I.” winner use his pad.
Phillip is hoping to be fully recovered by July 6th … which is when the Idol tour officially kicks off in Detroit.
Phillip says, “If I can sing with all those kidney stones in me, I can make the first date.”
Also, Phil Sr. spoke to FOX 31:
Fox 31 spoke to Phillip’s father, Donnie Phillips, who is with Phillip in Los Angeles, who said although they needed to do a little more because of how long they postponed the surgery, Phillip is doing just fine.
“He’s exercising real good and he’s going to be jammed up. He’s been waiting a while for this right here to happen and he’s real excited to get back into his music and give you what he’s got. It’s going to be a different Phillip when you see him,” said Donnie.
Donnie also thanks everyone for their kind words and prayers during Phillip’s road to recovery.
- Powered by Disqus
- Allison Iraheta is Married (Reportedly)
- Jessica Sanchez Performs “Feel This Moment” – Dancing With the Stars (VIDEO)
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Results, Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The Finale! (Night 2- Results)
- So You Think You Can Dance 10- Audition #3- Live Blog and Discussion
- X Factor 3 Judges Panel First Look! (PHOTOS)
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 – Poll Results, iTunes Rankings and Predictions
- Kellie Pickler And Derek Hough’s Powerful DWTS Freestyle (Videos) (Photos)
- Oklahoma City Tornadoes – How You Can Help
- Monday Ratings: The Voice Hits Season, Series Low, DWTS Down from Fall, Spring Finales
- Idol Headlines for 5/21/13
- Kree Harrison – All Cried Out – Live with Kelly and Michael (VIDEO)
- HDD – Album Sales Prediction : May 13-19
- X Factor Judge, Paulina Rubio Accused of Assaulting a Pap and Stealing His Camera
- Lee DeWyze Announces Album Release Date
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Take the Polls!
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1) – POLLS!
- FOX Announces Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio Join The X Factor Judges Panel
- The Voice 4 Top 10 Performance – Recap and Videos
- Dancing with the Stars – Season 16 – The FINALS! (Night 1)
- Idol Headlines for 5/20/13 – The Evening Edition
- The Voice 4 – Top 10 Song Spoilers
- Vanessa Lengies Leaving Glee After Landing Mixology Role (VIDEO)
- Lauren Alaina – Breakdown – Live at the Grand Ole Opry