American Idol 11 winnner, Phillip Phillips’ recent interview with Much Music in Toronto was sort of wacky, but notable for a few moments.
- Phillip, hysterically, puts on a bit of a Canadian accent to tease the crowd.
- Although the singer’s hit, “Home” is featured in a Tim Horton’s ad, he’d never heard of the Canadian coffee and doughnut shop.
- He says he doesn’t plan to watch the new season of American Idol.
- He’s had people he doesn’t know come up to him and claim to be distantly related. “I might have a creepy family,” says Phillip.
- According to Phillip, the only reason the paps follow him is because he is “weird looking.”
- A true WGWG–Phillip loves his guitar and takes it with him everywhere.
- Phillip likes to call Ryan Seacrest “Little Ryan”.
When the interviewer brings up the White Guy With Guitar meme, Phillip says, “It’s true….I am a white guy and I do play guitar.” Afterward, the interviewer presents Phillip with a t shirt with #WGGN1S emblazoned on the front and encourages his fans across the world to trend it.
The letters, by the way, stand for “White Guy With a Number 1 Single.” Phillip has no plans to wear it. Ever.
Watch the interview below:
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- 21st Annual SAG Awards 2015 Winners List - 01/25/2015
- The Voice UK 4 – YouTube Sensation Esmée Denters Auditions (VIDEO) - 01/25/2015
- American Idol, Glee, Empire Rise with Live + 7 Day Viewing - 01/25/2015