American Idol 11 winnner, Phillip Phillips’ recent interview with Much Music in Toronto was sort of wacky, but notable for a few moments.
- Phillip, hysterically, puts on a bit of a Canadian accent to tease the crowd.
- Although the singer’s hit, “Home” is featured in a Tim Horton’s ad, he’d never heard of the Canadian coffee and doughnut shop.
- He says he doesn’t plan to watch the new season of American Idol.
- He’s had people he doesn’t know come up to him and claim to be distantly related. “I might have a creepy family,” says Phillip.
- According to Phillip, the only reason the paps follow him is because he is “weird looking.”
- A true WGWG–Phillip loves his guitar and takes it with him everywhere.
- Phillip likes to call Ryan Seacrest “Little Ryan”.
When the interviewer brings up the White Guy With Guitar meme, Phillip says, “It’s true….I am a white guy and I do play guitar.” Afterward, the interviewer presents Phillip with a t shirt with #WGGN1S emblazoned on the front and encourages his fans across the world to trend it.
The letters, by the way, stand for “White Guy With a Number 1 Single.” Phillip has no plans to wear it. Ever.
Watch the interview below:
Latest posts by mj santilli (see all)
- Concert Schedule: Adam Lambert, Crystal Bowersox - 05/27/2016
- The Voice’s Chris Mann Drops “Comeback” Lyric VIDEO - 05/27/2016
- Headlines: Alisan Porter, Josh Kaufman, Josh Ledet - 05/27/2016